R40 on the G

Novabus 5000

But it is a slant and The (F) does not use R40 slants neither did the (G).

Since they might have used extra trains, they must have came form CIY where the R40s come from. The description on the photo is: #4238 MTA-NYC Subway Brighton Beach Av Elevated in the Coney Island section of Brooklyn on a "extended N line".

Must have been a sign mistake.

This was when the (G) had to replace the (F) in Brooklyn and ran to Coney Island.

IIRC, that's not the Culver line. That looks more like Brighton after Ocean Parkway en route to West 8th. The local tracks merge with the expresses. And also, there is a vestige on the local track that leads to the abandoned lower level trackways that go straight to the Culver connection. It was used by Brighton trains for a while in the 20's.

Looks like the trackage leading up to brighton beach.

- A

Doesn't look like it. These buildings belong around on Surf Avenue. And plus north of Brighton Beach, you have a curve. South of Brighton, the tracks are all level. South of Ocean Parkway, after a few hundred feet, the locals merge with the expresses and the "expresses" ascend to the top while the former trackway that is not removed runs to level with the Culver. I saw it myself last year when I had to walk from Brighton Beach all the way to Coney Island.

This is the Brighton Line facing South of Ocean Parkway. Next Stop is West 8 St. This had to be taken back in 2006 when the (N) was extended from Stillwell to the Kings Highway (Q) Station because of the Prospect Park interlocking Reconstruction project. The rollsign was messed with. I caught a real R46 (G) Via Brighton, pulling out of Stillwell on 1 Track in August 2007.

They are being moved to the (A)(C)(E) from the (:D. (:D will get other stuff. (G) will likely remain non-R40 older stuff. From the patterns i've seen so far it looks like they are moving everything around to make room for the NTT deliveries. (A)(C)(E) will be the last holdout before EOL for R40/R40a. R40m could see as much as another year as R32's leave more & more. The R40m's are in -ok- shape for cars their age, and are likely going to outlast the R32 and R38.

- A

Looks like the R40 offically run on the (G).

no i ve been seiing 46 still, why would it run on (G) from (:D

maybe it was a (:D heading to CI.. with misplaced roll sign

This is the Brighton Line facing South of Ocean Parkway. Next Stop is West 8 St. This had to be taken back in 2006 when the (N) was extended from Stillwell to the Kings Highway (Q) Station because of the Prospect Park interlocking Reconstruction project. The rollsign was messed with. I caught a real R46 (G) Via Brighton, pulling out of Stillwell on 1 Track in August 2007.

Maybe an R42 would be spotted on the (G) but 40 Slopes?? Not really, I always see 40S on the (:D as in (B)ronx

Yea, it should be the (N) with a messed up rollsign.

Hey, we could say the (G) finally went to Manhattan! :D

Archived