NICE route ideas/changes

Krocyoin

To start off, NICE should implement the n20X that would run express between Flushing and Hicksville bypassing the Great Neck LIRR Station, so that people from Flushing traveling past Great Neck or people from Hicksville traveling past Great Neck won't have to get off the bus and wait 30 minutes to get on the next bus that would take them to their location. NICE should also recombine the n20G & n20H back into the n20, and having the n21 serve Flushing again, even if it's only during rush hours. On another note, NICE should bring back the n22X, and implement the n24X.

Just now, Krocyoin said:

To start off, NICE should implement the n20X that would run express between Flushing and Hicksville bypassing the Great Neck LIRR Station, so that people from Flushing traveling past Great Neck or people from Hicksville traveling past Great Neck won't have to get off the bus and wait 30 minutes to get on the next bus that would take them to their location. NICE should also recombine the n20G & n20H back into the n20, and having the n21 serve Flushing again, even if it's only during rush hours. On another note, NICE should bring back the n22X, and implement the n24X.

To start off, NICE should implement the n20X that would run express between Flushing and Hicksville bypassing the Great Neck LIRR Station. NICE should also recombine the n20G & n20H back into the n20, and have the n21 serve Flushing again, even if it's only during rush hours. On another note, NICE should bring back the n22X, and implement the n24X.

Edited 

On 1/31/2022 at 12:26 AM, Krocyoin said:

To start off, NICE should implement the n20X that would run express between Flushing and Hicksville bypassing the Great Neck LIRR Station. NICE should also recombine the n20G & n20H back into the n20, and have the n21 serve Flushing again, even if it's only during rush hours. On another note, NICE should bring back the n22X, and implement the n24X.

Edited 

There's not much of a need to run n21's in-particular back into Flushing... The demand is clearly for the n20, split notwithstanding... I can agree with reverting the n20, but I don't necessarily think that every trip (or most trips) need to run b/w Flushing & Hicksville anymore (I would still have n20G's operate as short turns).... You wouldn't need to revert n21's into Flushing if the focus were to be shifted from having LIRR Great Neck be a terminal for all 3 routes (n20G from the west & both the n20H and n21 from the east), to having more n20 service from Flushing run east of LIRR Great Neck (but again, not necessarily all the way to Hicksville).... In other words, from Queens, more often than not, the old n21 was simply *just another bus* b/w Flushing & Roslyn for most people... The old n20 (no suffix) did the same shit :lol:... But yeah, IMO, NICE did the right thing with scaling back the n21.... As far as an n20x, I'm also inclined to agree - but that is the service I would reserve to reverting operating rush hrs. only....

While I'm not fond of the current splits of n22 & n24 service, I'm not so sure reverting n22x service wouldn't be futile at this point.... To then go on to institute an n24x b/w Jamaica & Hicksville on top of it, would be a waste.... Instead of coupling the n78/79 the way those 2 routes historically have been & still are, at this point as things stand, I would dedicate having all n24 service run b/w RFM & Jamaica (although I still think the n22 splits should be the ones ending at RFM & the n24 splits being the ones ending at Mineola), to have the n78 run at similar n24 (the split b/w RFM & Hicksville) headways b/w RFM & Plainview.... Personally, I'd have the n78 run past industrial Plainview to rt. 110, but that's another topic....

10 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

There's not much of a need to run n21's in-particular back into Flushing... The demand is clearly for the n20, split notwithstanding... I can agree with reverting the n20, but I don't necessarily think that every trip (or most trips) need to run b/w Flushing & Hicksville anymore (I would still have n20G's operate as short turns).... You wouldn't need to revert n21's into Flushing if the focus were to be shifted from having LIRR Great Neck be a terminal for all 3 routes (n20G from the west & both the n20H and n21 from the east), to having more n20 service from Flushing run east of LIRR Great Neck (but again, not necessarily all the way to Hicksville).... In other words, from Queens, more often than not, the old n21 was simply *just another bus* b/w Flushing & Roslyn for most people... The old n20 (no suffix) did the same shit :lol:... But yeah, IMO, NICE did the right thing with scaling back the n21.... As far as an n20x, I'm also inclined to agree - but that is the service I would reserve to reverting operating rush hrs. only....

While I'm not fond of the current splits of n22 & n24 service, I'm not so sure reverting n22x service wouldn't be futile at this point.... To then go on to institute an n24x b/w Jamaica & Hicksville on top of it, would be a waste.... Instead of coupling the n78/79 the way those 2 routes historically have been & still are, at this point as things stand, I would dedicate having all n24 service run b/w RFM & Jamaica (although I still think the n22 splits should be the ones ending at RFM & the n24 splits being the ones ending at Mineola), to have the n78 run at similar n24 (the split b/w RFM & Hicksville) headways b/w RFM & Plainview.... Personally, I'd have the n78 run past industrial Plainview to rt. 110, but that's another topic....

I get what you mean, and yeah I know the N20 up until mid 2016 would short run to either Great Neck LIRR Station or Roslyn Clock Tower, and for the N78, I do agree with you with that and I made a "fantasy" extension in the image shown, but I don't know if this is the way you want it.b7a495225a6ae944197dee8974fe9fa3.png

On 1/31/2022 at 12:24 AM, Krocyoin said:

To start off, NICE should implement the n20X that would run express between Flushing and Hicksville bypassing the Great Neck LIRR Station, so that people from Flushing traveling past Great Neck or people from Hicksville traveling past Great Neck won't have to get off the bus and wait 30 minutes to get on the next bus that would take them to their location. NICE should also recombine the n20G & n20H back into the n20, and having the n21 serve Flushing again, even if it's only during rush hours. 

I'm not sure the idea of bring the n21 back into Flushing is a good idea, ridership is not usually between n21's unique portion and Flushing, but more so of between Roslyn/Great Neck and Queens in general (not necessarily Flushing)

I do support however, having some new Roslyn short turns skip Great Neck LIRR and running it directly into Flushing. Ridership loss, seem to be especially drastic for this segment, when the split occurred. Still wouldn't have anything going over the Northern Blvd Viaduct skipping the Clock Tower though

That being said, the old n20 had a really poor OTP and was extremely unreliable. Not sure if it had to with the general NICE bus during that era, or the traffic/length. Probably both

On 1/31/2022 at 12:24 AM, Krocyoin said:

On another note, NICE should bring back the n22X, and implement the n24X.

The n24 main ridership are those in New Hyde Park/Garden City. Hard to see a n24x catering to these riders. That being said, I could see some Queens - Nassau border stops eliminated for this route

Regarding n22x, from my experience riders usually use it between Queens and New Hyde Park Rd. If they are not off by that point, they are most likely traveling to Mineola and east. (A testament of LIRR's ridiculous overpriced service) 

On 2/5/2022 at 11:39 AM, B35 via Church said:

I think the n24 should be the Mineola bus and the n22 should be the RFM bus. I would even go as far to say that maybe some n22 should skip Mineola completely and operate the old n22A routing via Glen Cove, and have the n24 do the segment between Mineola and RFM via OC. There is some ridership from Westbury on the n22 going to Mineola AREA though, otherwise I would prefer all the n22 to go through Glen Cove Rd. Probably the reason why NICE split the n22 at Mineola vs RFM.

I find Mineola IC/Bus Terminal's ridership abysmal these days for the n22/24 (at least on the days I rode it). Most of the ridership there seems to be on the n40/41.

18 hours ago, Krocyoin said:

I get what you mean, and yeah I know the N20 up until mid 2016 would short run to either Great Neck LIRR Station or Roslyn Clock Tower, and for the N78, I do agree with you with that and I made a "fantasy" extension in the image shown, but I don't know if this is the way you want it.b7a495225a6ae944197dee8974fe9fa3.png

I was thinking about something like this

This routing would cover most of the old N95 and connect it with the Hicksville LIRR station. It would add purpose to the n78 other than being a "n79 short turn" Would not have it serve the WW shops though, want to keep it focused on serving these industrial parks

It would also add a connection to the S1 which I'm sure is the reason why some passenger uses the n79 to get into Suffolk today. 

Edited by Mtatransit

10 minutes ago, Mtatransit said:

I was thinking about something like this

This routing would cover most of the old N95 and connect it with the Hicksville LIRR station. It would add purpose to the n78 other than being a "n79 short turn" Would not have it serve the WW shops though, want to keep it focused on serving these industrial parks

It would also add a connection to the S1 which I'm sure is the reason why some passenger uses the n79 to get into Suffolk today. 

I like the idea, and yeah it would make N78 more than just a "N79 short turn" which it has always been sadly. 

18 hours ago, Krocyoin said:

I get what you mean, and yeah I know the N20 up until mid 2016 would short run to either Great Neck LIRR Station or Roslyn Clock Tower, and for the N78, I do agree with you with that and I made a "fantasy" extension in the image shown, but I don't know if this is the way you want it.

b7a495225a6ae944197dee8974fe9fa3.png

Oh nah, I wouldn't run a route from RFM to Whitman Mall via Plainview (even if I did, it wouldn't be via OCR in Melville), nor would I have an (extended) n78 & the current n79 both terminating at Whitman Mall.....

I would simply use an extended n78 (due east) to simply have it connect to rt. 110 & the S1... It would continue via OCR to the LIE service rd,, then run out to rt. 110 from there... Since it can't end along 110 itself, I'd end it somewhere around Huntington Quad (Baylis side)....

33 minutes ago, Mtatransit said:

That being said, the old n20 had a really poor OTP and was extremely unreliable. Not sure if it had to with the general NICE bus during that era, or the traffic/length. Probably both

Combination of traffic & passenger activity... It's what prompted the n20x.

39 minutes ago, Mtatransit said:

Regarding n22x, from my experience riders usually use it between Queens and New Hyde Park Rd. If they are not off by that point, they are most likely traveling to Mineola and east. (A testament of LIRR's ridiculous overpriced service).

One thing I didn't care for regarding the n22x, was that it stopped at one "Old country road" [the building] instead of the stop in front of the Country Glen center.... Even though it's the stop after RFM, it takes anywhere from 5-7 mins. on average to get to/from over there at OCR/Glen Cove rd.... There's always more people waiting at that stop, for obvious reasons...

The thing (n22x) had a significant amt. of usage past NHP, but it had a tendency to die at Mineola during the AM hrs.... During the PM hrs from RFM or Mineola (terminal, or the stop across from the hospital [Mineola Blvd./2nd st] where the 22x stopped at), the n22x was used interchangeably with the n22 (local) & the n24 to Queens..... It's my belief that NICE eventually realized this & decided to later discontinue the n22x... I would argue NICE facilitated the decreasing utilization/reliance of the 22x that led to its discontinuation, which is a tactic right out of the MTA playbook....

1 hour ago, Mtatransit said:

I think the n24 should be the Mineola bus and the n22 should be the RFM bus. I would even go as far to say that maybe some n22 should skip Mineola completely and operate the old n22A routing via Glen Cove, and have the n24 do the segment between Mineola and RFM via OC. There is some ridership from Westbury on the n22 going to Mineola AREA though, otherwise I would prefer all the n22 to go through Glen Cove Rd. Probably the reason why NICE split the n22 at Mineola vs RFM.

I find Mineola IC/Bus Terminal's ridership abysmal these days for the n22/24 (at least on the days I rode it). Most of the ridership there seems to be on the n40/41.

Yeah, there's always been more demand for the n22 over the n24 at RFM.... With the way service is currently split, it would have you believe the demand is for the n24 from RFM.... I used to use the term "forced demand" to describe that.... But yeah, I'd like to know what percentage of those pax. do the xfer for the WB n22 at Mineola, over merely enduring/staying on the n24 to get to Queens.....

While I miss the n22a, EB ridership (under NICE) used to tank hard at Willis av, carrying a lot of air past that point.... During the LIB days, the n22a used to be just as popular as the regular n22... At some point (right before the MTA - NICE transition), the demand for the n22a rapidly declined.... Things got worse for n22a patronage (under NICE) when traffic along Glen Cove rd. during the PM hours b/w OCR & the Northern State increased, to the point where it would often take the n22a over a 1/2 hour just to get to LIRR East Williston.... This was when patronage from RFM & the two stops after it (in front the Macy's & over there by them shopping plaza's by Voice rd.) had riders abandoning the thing... This caused the increase in passenger activity over there by the Country Glen center.... Being that the n22 is split at Mineola, an n22a reversion (at minimum, as a trial or whatever, during PM peak hrs) just might draw in a significant amt. of riders.... Whether that traffic b/w OCR & the Northern State is still as intense as it was then, IDK.... What I do know is that a lot of those stores in those shopping centers around Voice rd. went defunct.... It may even attract DBU3 (the Amazon that opened up, where the Waldbaums used to be) workers....

As far as Mineola terminal's patronage, abysmal wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe activity over there... I'd characterize it as chaotic, esp. considering that the front of the makeshift LIRR EB platform lines up at the front of the bus terminal... In other words, you have all those RR passengers walking clear along the bus terminal to get to the elevator/stairs to get to their cars or whatever.... Through it all though, it appears to me that there's a growing demand for the n23...

1 hour ago, Krocyoin said:

I would also have one or two Hicksville routes serve this shopping center just east of the Hicksville LIRR Station shown in the image here. d0aa343c16369fdb84b07936696f26fa.png

Yeah, it, and for Syosset proper, exists a glaring latent demand....

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Oh nah, I wouldn't run a route from RFM to Whitman Mall via Plainview (even if I did, it wouldn't be via OCR in Melville), nor would I have an (extended) n78 & the current n79 both terminating at Whitman Mall.....

I would simply use an extended n78 (due east) to simply have it connect to rt. 110 & the S1... It would continue via OCR to the LIE service rd,, then run out to rt. 110 from there... Since it can't end along 110 itself, I'd end it somewhere around Huntington Quad (Baylis side)....

Combination of traffic & passenger activity... It's what prompted the n20x.

One thing I didn't care for regarding the n22x, was that it stopped at one "Old country road" [the building] instead of the stop in front of the Country Glen center.... Even though it's the stop after RFM, it takes anywhere from 5-7 mins. on average to get to/from over there at OCR/Glen Cove rd.... There's always more people waiting at that stop, for obvious reasons...

The thing (n22x) had a significant amt. of usage past NHP, but it had a tendency to die at Mineola during the AM hrs.... During the PM hrs from RFM or Mineola (terminal, or the stop across from the hospital [Mineola Blvd./2nd st] where the 22x stopped at), the n22x was used interchangeably with the n22 (local) & the n24 to Queens..... It's my belief that NICE eventually realized this & decided to later discontinue the n22x... I would argue NICE facilitated the decreasing utilization/reliance of the 22x that led to its discontinuation, which is a tactic right out of the MTA playbook....

Yeah, there's always been more demand for the n22 over the n24 at RFM.... With the way service is currently split, it would have you believe the demand is for the n24 from RFM.... I used to use the term "forced demand" to describe that.... But yeah, I'd like to know what percentage of those pax. do the xfer for the WB n22 at Mineola, over merely enduring/staying on the n24 to get to Queens.....

While I miss the n22a, EB ridership (under NICE) used to tank hard at Willis av, carrying a lot of air past that point.... During the LIB days, the n22a used to be just as popular as the regular n22... At some point (right before the MTA - NICE transition), the demand for the n22a rapidly declined.... Things got worse for n22a patronage (under NICE) when traffic along Glen Cove rd. during the PM hours b/w OCR & the Northern State increased, to the point where it would often take the n22a over a 1/2 hour just to get to LIRR East Williston.... This was when patronage from RFM & the two stops after it (in front the Macy's & over there by them shopping plaza's by Voice rd.) had riders abandoning the thing... This caused the increase in passenger activity over there by the Country Glen center.... Being that the n22 is split at Mineola, an n22a reversion (at minimum, as a trial or whatever, during PM peak hrs) just might draw in a significant amt. of riders.... Whether that traffic b/w OCR & the Northern State is still as intense as it was then, IDK.... What I do know is that a lot of those stores in those shopping centers around Voice rd. went defunct.... It may even attract DBU3 (the Amazon that opened up, where the Waldbaums used to be) workers....

As far as Mineola terminal's patronage, abysmal wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe activity over there... I'd characterize it as chaotic, esp. considering that the front of the makeshift LIRR EB platform lines up at the front of the bus terminal... In other words, you have all those RR passengers walking clear along the bus terminal to get to the elevator/stairs to get to their cars or whatever.... Through it all though, it appears to me that there's a growing demand for the n23...

Yeah, it, and for Syosset proper, exists a glaring latent demand....

Yeah Syosset does need a route or 2 serving it, I'd say bring back the N73/N74 and have it run northbound to the Syosset LIRR Station, with reroutes for both routes, N73 would still serve Hicksville LIRR Station while the N74 wouldn't, this is my idea for the routings, but it's a long shot idea, most likely wouldn't be possible, I just wanted to share it.  N73__N74.png

9 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Forced demand is exactly what I would call it. 

And I experience that personally. Rather than risking a transfer at Mineola, I would just stay on the n24 to get into Queens (NICE bus is horrible at coding their transfers, so bad that during the start of the n20 split, I was routinely double charged on the NYCT side, so bad I started adding $2.00 on my Metrocard just for NICE and paying the rest with coins and requesting a paper transfer instead. the paper transfer still codes wrong bus, but at least I have something)

The only passengers transferring at Mineola going westbound are probably those who got on in Westbury and heading into Queens or somewhere along Hillside, and even then, the n22/24 is interchangeable. people going to Mineola proper will probably walk, and people at RFM will wait for the 24

I think for a while NICE had the n22 Limited go through Glen Cove route instead of through Herricks/Mineola. With the current split, I wouldn't mind if half the service go to Mineola and the other half go to RFM through Glen Cove Rd. 

It should be popular considering the fact that the other alternative is to take the n24

The n22 ending at Mineola always doesn't seem right to me, from my experience pre-split, the n22 was always the "long distance" route, carrying passengers from Queens/Subway out to Mineola, RFM and as far out as Westbury versus the n24, which a higher amount passengers use locally along Jamaica Ave/Jerchio than the n22. Sure there is still the interchangeable effect but, people going to Queens prefer the n22 (or atleast I used to prefer the n22 over the n24)

Well maybe abysmal is a bit of an over exaggeration, but from the looks of it ridership declined significantly for that station since LIB days (though you can argue that for all NICE routes). On many n22/24 trips there are no boarding from Mineola IC. I wonder what happened to all the Mineola  - RF trips. It seems like they all but disappeared. Could be due to the pandemic, I don't know

RR - Bus connection is overall non existent there (the only routes I do continue to see this happen is the n23) . This is a trend that started well before the pandemic. Since NICE began it seems like, the LIRR and NICE had been more so of a competitor than LIRR - LIB was with express routes here and there.

The station layout doesn't help matters too. not just from construction, even after the construction there is concluded there seems to be fence/barrier blocking you from walking directly from the bus terminal onto the platform.

7 hours ago, Krocyoin said:

Yeah Syosset does need a route or 2 serving it, I'd say bring back the N73/N74 and have it run northbound to the Syosset LIRR Station, with reroutes for both routes, N73 would still serve Hicksville LIRR Station while the N74 wouldn't, this is my idea for the routings, but it's a long shot idea, most likely wouldn't be possible, I just wanted to share it.  N73__N74.png

I'm not sure that Wantagh will ever warrant two routes again.

The way I would have the buses serve that shopping center on Woodbury Rd will probably be a rerouting of the n80 up there, or rerouting the n48/n49 away from Broadway Mall (I mean commons) and serving that area instead

Regarding Syosset, I would have a route go down Jerchio Tpk and Rt 106 instead with maybe a deviation to SUNY OW and Jerchio Quad or something then continue on to Hicksville'

But overall that area is very car dependent and I would imagine would garner very low ridership

Edited by Mtatransit

9 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

Forced demand is exactly what I would call it. 

And I experience that personally. Rather than risking a transfer at Mineola, I would just stay on the n24 to get into Queens (NICE bus is horrible at coding their transfers, so bad that during the start of the n20 split, I was routinely double charged on the NYCT side, so bad I started adding $2.00 on my Metrocard just for NICE and paying the rest with coins and requesting a paper transfer instead. the paper transfer still codes wrong bus, but at least I have something)

The only passengers transferring at Mineola going westbound are probably those who got on in Westbury and heading into Queens or somewhere along Hillside, and even then, the n22/24 is interchangeable. people going to Mineola proper will probably walk, and people at RFM will wait for the 24

I think for a while NICE had the n22 Limited go through Glen Cove route instead of through Herricks/Mineola. With the current split, I wouldn't mind if half the service go to Mineola and the other half go to RFM through Glen Cove Rd. 

It should be popular considering the fact that the other alternative is to take the n24

The n22 ending at Mineola always doesn't seem right to me, from my experience pre-split, the n22 was always the "long distance" route, carrying passengers from Queens/Subway out to Mineola, RFM and as far out as Westbury versus the n24, which a higher amount passengers use locally along Jamaica Ave/Jerchio than the n22. Sure there is still the interchangeable effect but, people going to Queens prefer the n22 (or atleast I used to prefer the n22 over the n24)

Well maybe abysmal is a bit of an over exaggeration, but from the looks of it ridership declined significantly for that station since LIB days (though you can argue that for all NICE routes). On many n22/24 trips there are no boarding from Mineola IC. I wonder what happened to all the Mineola  - RF trips. It seems like they all but disappeared. Could be due to the pandemic, I don't know

RR - Bus connection is overall non existent there (the only routes I do continue to see this happen is the n23) . This is a trend that started well before the pandemic. Since NICE began it seems like, the LIRR and NICE had been more so of a competitor than LIRR - LIB was with express routes here and there.

The station layout doesn't help matters too. not just from construction, even after the construction there is concluded there seems to be fence/barrier blocking you from walking directly from the bus terminal onto the platform.

I'm not sure that Wantagh will ever warrant two routes again.

The way I would have the buses serve that shopping center on Woodbury Rd will probably be a rerouting of the n80 up there, or rerouting the n48/n49 away from Broadway Mall (I mean commons) and serving that area instead

Regarding Syosset, I would have a route go down Jerchio Tpk and Rt 106 instead with maybe a deviation to SUNY OW and Jerchio Quad or something then continue on to Hicksville'

But overall that area is very car dependent and I would imagine would garner very low ridership

Makes sense rerouting the N80 Imo, Idk about the N48/N49 though.

• 2 months later...
On 2/5/2022 at 11:39 AM, B35 via Church said:

How feasible would a route from Hempstead bus terminal to Co-op City in The Bronx be? Here are some proposals I made before elsewhere: 

- n1 weekdays off peak hours every 20 minutes, rush-hours, every 10 minutes, Weekends every 30 minutes at all times (except overnight which the last bus would head to Elmont at 11:45pm.)

-n4/n4x, n6/n6x I keep as is right now.

-n15 I would give it a limited (n15x on rush-hours every 15 minutes), everything else stays the same.

-n16 I give it weekend service every 35 minutes, stays the same during the week.

-n19 stays the same.

-n20g I would rename "n10" and n20h would revert back to "n20". n10 would run every 12 minutes in rush-hours and 20 minutes the rest of the time during the weekdays. Would get 24 hour service and run half-hourly over night and on weekends.

-The new "n20" would maintain its current schedule.

-n21 would be discontinued and replaced by a restructured n20.

-n22 would get 24 hour service and partial Articulation (get XN60 buses for some runs). n22a service restored and runs rush-hours only.

-n23 stays the same except runs til midnight.

-n24 gets n22 treatment and would run at all times.

-n25 would run every 25 minutes off peak and 15 minutes during rush-hours.

-n26 runs all day from sunrise to sunset every 30 minutes off-peak and 15 during rush-hours. Would get weekend service.

-n27 weekend service restored.

-n31 would be discontinued and replaced with a restructured n32 with headway management every 10 minutes at all times (8 minutes in rush-hours). 24 hour service for the n32.

-n33 discontinued and replaced with a restructured n35 that would get the n32 treatment.

-n36 would be restored to pre-2017 NICE cuts.

-n40 discontinued and would just be called "n41". Current service levels remain.

-n43 keep as is, but have it run til 2:30 am with headway management for every 15 minutes at all times (10 for rush-hours).

-n45 restored to pre-2017 NICE cuts and run rush-hours only.

-n48 and n49 stays the same.

-n54 runs 7 days a week. n55 discontinued.

-n57 + n58 combine into n57. n58 discontinued. n57 runs every 20 minutes.

-A new "n59" would serve Mineola to Northshore Towers and terminate in Co-op City in the Bronx. Headway management and run at all times.

-n69 takeover by NICE and extended to RVC.

-n70 discontinued. n71 extended and increase in service frequency. n72 reduced frequency and runs rush-hours only.

-n78 + n79 combined into new "n75" route. Runs every 30 minutes at all times til midnight.

-n80 stays the same.

-n88 gains headway management.

Any thoughts? This is of course if budget allows.

Show less

With all due respect your N59 idea is crazy. I seriously doubt NICE is interested is operating to Co OP City, WAY too far out of their service area. 

Also the runtime on such a route would be what, two hours? If someone wants to go to Co OP city from Mineola they can take LIRR to Grand Central (when ESA opens) to the 6 train - BX23 or Bxm7.

NICE is a Nassau County bus system, that's their main focus and service area. 

5 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

With all due respect your N59 idea is crazy. I seriously doubt NICE is interested is operating to Co OP City, WAY too far out of their service area. 

Also the runtime on such a route would be what, two hours? If someone wants to go to Co OP city from Mineola they can take LIRR to Grand Central (when ESA opens) to the 6 train - BX23 or Bxm7.

NICE is a Nassau County bus system, that's their main focus and service area. 

If there's a market for a service to and from the Bronx, I'd say explore it. Besides, NICE is consider (albeit more long-term) to have express bus service to Manhattan in the future. This is based off that idea except it would use local 40 footer buses (maybe artics if the ridership is there). It would also have some closed door segments like other Queens bound lines.