Subways

B41

Dont like the (7) getting the 62As, give the (3) some freedom~

I dont like the SIR solo in SI, extend an connect to a NYCT Route

I dont like us uptowners stuck with old stuff, give us something new lol

MTA sorry Dont reef the 32s you causing money to be reefed at the same time!

What is something you dislike about any subway line and why?

All comments are free to be posted here.

I don't like the state of many of the stations in the system, and the lack of air temperature control in underground stations. I would also like people to know what is going on. The other day i missed my train home because the (E) didnt run for 35 minutes. I asked the station employees what was going on, and they said a (E) train just left when it was actually a (C).

- A

I think the city needs to spend a few bucks on heat removal on some stations. Yes it can help in the winter a bit when it gets really really cold, but in the summer it's like a sauna. All you need is some vents with a fan. Shouldn't be that hard.

Crowding on the lex will persist till the SAS is completed to at least 42nd st. Not much you can do aside from add bus routes that maybe bypass lexington ave & run on 2nd ave or even 1st ave. MCI, double deck & articulated in a pattern that moves the most people without hindering other traffic too much. I don't think RTS, hybrid, cng or other smaller models are the right solution for that area, stick with the big boys that have good acceleration for the size, especially the MCI.

I think the city needs to spend a few bucks on heat removal on some stations. Yes it can help in the winter a bit when it gets really really cold, but in the summer it's like a sauna. All you need is some vents with a fan. Shouldn't be that hard.

I hear all new stations will be built with air conditioning, plus it already exists in Grand Central for the (4)(5)(6)<6> (air conditioning) and the (7)<7> (fans). Now if they can expand it, that would be great, especially the 59th Street/Lex express station on the (4)(5)... that platform is hotter than the sun during the summer...

My least favorite station in the entire system is 149th-Grand Concourse.

The platforms are always sticky and there is always a pool of really old water stitting in the track area because of clogged drains.

As of late, there have been efforts to unclog the drains and I've noticed that there isn't as much sitting water as there has been about a year ago.

It doesn't really phase me anymore, but rats (big ones!) hanging out keeping you company on the platform can't be a good thing.

I also hate how infrequent the (2) runs late night. It takes at least 1.5 hours to get from 14th st or Times Square up to Gun Hill.:D

As far as stations go; 42st on all lines, 34st/Herald Square, Broadway/Nassau, and Lexington Ave/53rd street could all take a page out of 14st/Union Square with the fans(its better than nothing). As far as lines go the (F) in Brooklyn is horrible slow service, (:( &(C) lines on the Central Park West Local are inconsistent, can the (R) get some much needed help! I mean its the super local Queens, Manhattan, & Brooklyn, (7)<7>s are great, the (1) is old reliable, the (2)(3)(4)(5) are very good in consistency, (6)<6> are the east side old reliable, the system could still use more but we cant dwell in the past mismanagement of the MTA and the prior IRT, BMT, & IND; If they did screw up things back then we would be in better shape. Removing the els may have an argument, but slashing some of the service on some lines was over the limit. The (C) should have remained to Rockaway Park. the (R) could stayed in 179 Jamaica and the (F) be completely express in Queens, The (J) & (M) have to be the most neglected lines because of the Myrtle shuttle and the Chambers st terminus, make it go to broad and bring it back. Also what is the point of reconstructing the Ocean Parkway station if there is no express service for it. The NX didn't work so I guess that's it or does anyone have an idea.?? Also the airtrain while great in service was too much of an extravagance because you just could have revamped either the LIRR rockaway beach line or extend the (A) from Lefferts Ave. The LIRR would have been a midtown direct I walked the ROW very quick and direct oh well another loss and miss by the MTA...

I like subways, trains, even Staten Island Railway, but when it come to 30-minute or 10-minute stuck between the train station, I don't like it.

I enjoy ridding on front car of R32, R62A, R38, R40, R42, R40M most, well as Vintage Special.

I also don't like people who enters subway when people is exiting, well as HOLDING THE CAR DOOR OPEN.

For example long time ago (Before I joined here), I got on Brooklyn-bound (R) at Lex Av and door was about to him me, but it got delay about 5-10 minute because of traiin door problem.

I also don't like when one of subway car only open SINGLE DOOR (almost making it like express bus's only front door)

I love elevated and outdoor stations, but not when it come to signal problem or when (A) is crossing Jamaica Bay.

I also don't like smell at 51st-53rd Sts/Lex Av, well as spotting rodent (On Thursday, I spotted rat at Columbus Circle (1).

I also don't like when people faint or sick passenger.

I also don't like BMT Chambers St station and it looks as it could go into World Guiness Record for NYC Subway's Worthest Subway Station.

Archived