Bronx crosstown line or Bronx to Queens line?

Double L

Is this feasable?

A crosstown Bronx line along say, Tremont Ave and up to 225th through Riverdale would be convenient. Crosstown buses anytime except evenings take forever. It's always a better idea to take whatever train downtown only to transfer to come back uptown.

Also, a Bronx to Queens line (I don't really have any specifics in mind, maybe something that connects to the (G) to connect BX to BK without setting foot in Manhattan? and/or a train stop for LaGuardia?)

I worked at the US Open this year and whenever I got off late night, that train ride home was the worst. (7) local to (2) local blows:mad:. I really don't go to Queens much, but I think this may cut transit time for people who travel between Queens and BX.

Well the Bx9 Runs from West Farms to 262 in riverdale

It could extend from West Farms to Westchester SQ via E Tremont and run as a Limited Stop Bus from Kings Bridge and Jerome to Westchester ave...

As for a train extension, you really suppose to post is the train forum, but doesnt matter now, Possibly the (7) can run up Main street then via the Trougs neck and hit the Pelham Bay line with the (6) seeing that the (6) doesnt hit any lines till 125th with the Jerome/White Plains Rd (4)(5)

I don't like riding the Bx 9 at all. I will ride the Bx 28 to Mosholu Pkwy, Bedford Park or Kingsbridge Rd. if I need to get the (4), but most of the time it's a lot faster to just take the (2) to the (4).

I just wanted to discuss if a Bronx crosstown train would save time.

My bad about wrong forums, I'm still a rookie here.

There's always the TRX. http://transit.frumin.net/trx/TriboroRX

If you were ambitious you could break it away from the ROW right before Jackson Heights, and run it on (or under dpeending if it could hold rail) the Whitestone Bridge to cover Fordham Road in the Bx.

The Whitestone can't hold rail traffic, but a Bronx/Queens line running parallel to the Whitestone Bridge serving Clason Point and Soundview, making the transfer to the 6 at either Morrison-Sound View, St. Lawrence, or Parkchester would be great.

The Whitestone can't hold rail traffic, but a Bronx/Queens line running parallel to the Whitestone Bridge serving Clason Point and Soundview, making the transfer to the 6 at either Morrison-Sound View, St. Lawrence, or Parkchester would be great.

Same fro throgs neck that hit the Bx40... thise 2 bridges remind me of the narrows =P

but anyways, what about a tunnel?

Archived