Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mark1447

SMEE/R1-9 Tour via Yard?

Does anyone know if the MTA still does tours via Train in yard? and when us the next time? seems cool :D

I found this shot of a R36 WF touring Jerome/Concourse Yard* (BRONX NY) in the early 1977:

img_39067.jpg

img_38898.jpg

*Jerome /Concourse yards is located at Bedford Park Blvd/Jerome Ave on the (4) or MaBSTOA's Gun Hill Buses/Kingsbridge bus Bx10/22/25/26/28 or Bee Line, just an FYI :D

nice pics of the WF...i wanna know im curious wuchu mean by a tour...like is that when trains travel yards? cause i saw some Pre GOH R42s there..

nice pics of the WF...i wanna know im curious wuchu mean by a tour...like is that when trains travel yards? cause i saw some Pre GOH R42s there..

ya a tour of a yard while we are on a train thats in motion

hmmm interesting sounds cool. that last picture btw looks really crisp I gasped When i thought this and at the same time saw, those pre GOH R42's.

I know they had a few trips several years ago where the trains went from the Transit Museum to 207th Shop and they held a tour of the shop too. I think there should be some photos of it on nycsubway.org .