FT Hamilton Pkwy Line and Bklyn-SI Line via 65th St??

Sea Beach

I recently ran into this and found it very intresting:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b3/1939_IND_Second_System.jpg

If you look in the Bay Ridge/Dyker Heights area you will see those 2 lines! The FT Ham line cuts off from the culver. and the Bklyn-SI Line via 65th St cuts off from the FT Ham line. Is there a tunnel under Ft Ham Pkwy and another under 65th st from FT Ham to SI? When was this line discontinued and do you think it will ever come back?

That map is interesting. (2)(5) to Sheepshead Bay would have been a nice one, and the 2nd Avenue Subway (T) would be great, and better if it ran with the (A)(C). There's another line right next to the current (D) Grand Concourse line, would that be another (5) route, or maybe the (3) via 3rd Avenue? The 2nd Avenue line goes to the Bronx too, how neat, take the load off the (6) train. The Horace Harding Blvd line, would be a new route for the (Q).

The (7) has two different terminals in Queens.

This is just my suggestions for the planned (non-existent lines)

The (A)(C) Fulton Line branches off around Euclid Avenue, maybe the (C) has it's own route away from the (A).

The Rockaway line goes to the Queens Blvd line, maybe the (H) can go there.

Morningside Avenue from the Broadway line, wow, wonder who's going to serve that line

All based on that map from 1939

BMT Morningside line side by side with the IND CPW? The BMT looked at the uptown line before the IND came to be, but I never knew there was a plan to still build it alongside the IND. And it looks lie's it's running up through the park; unless that was supposed to mean that it would be on CPw with the IND!

BMT Morningside line side by side with the IND CPW? The BMT looked at the uptown line before the IND came to be, but I never knew there was a plan to still build it alongside the IND. And it looks lie's it's running up through the park; unless that was supposed to mean that it would be on CPw with the IND!

Actually according to Julia Solis in her book, there was a planned connection to the IND 8th Avenue line, and there was a "virginal" track segment, but it dead ends. I never saw the thing myself other than the photo. It ends up against a maintenance shack.

Archived