B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

This is going to be a master thread for the 6 TA exams scheduled to be held between March and August. You can apply for more than one exam in this series BUT you cannot apply for the same exam #, more than once.

The MTA is anticipating hiring candidates who have passed an exam provisionally, approximately 2 months after each exam period ends. Being hired provisionally means your employment is temporary for up to 9 months, or not for 2 months after the list is established. You must be re-hired as a permanent employee (from the list) in order to continue employment after the provisional status expires.

Apply Here: www.mymta.info/exams

The Notice of Examination (NOE) for 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614, 3600 and 3601 can be found here.

Exam 2611: March 1st - 31st, 2022, testing expected to begin April 18, 2022.

Exam 2612: April 1st - 30th, 2022 ; testing expected May 16, 2022.

Exam 2613: May 2nd - 31st, 2022 ; testing expected June 20, 2022.

Exam 2614: June 1st - 30th, 2022 ;  testing expected July 18, 2022.

Exam 3600: July 1st - 31st, 2022; testing expected August 15, 2022.

Exam 3601: August 1st - 30th, 2022; testing expected September 19th, 2022.

• SevenEleven changed the title to Bus Operator (TA) Exam Testing March - August 2022

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, lornaevo said:

@SevenElevenhow would this work if I’m doing a crossover? 

I’m not sure of all the specifics. You would have to do the pre-employment paperwork to make you a city employee, get a new pass and a drug test. I don’t know if they would make you do the medical again. 

You will get a start date at Zerega for some more paperwork and then they’ll ship you off to a depot. 

22 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

I’m not sure of all the specifics. You would have to do the pre-employment paperwork to make you a city employee, get a new pass and a drug test. I don’t know if they would make you do the medical again. 

You will get a start date at Zerega for some more paperwork and then they’ll ship you off to a depot. 

How would the provisional part work? 

1 hour ago, lornaevo said:

So then I’m out of a job if I do the crossover now?

Nah. You’re asking if you x-over using one of these exams? You’ll x-over from MTA Bus and be a provisional TA hire. So you’ll still be working. When the list officially goes up, they will go through the list in order and hire permanently. (While getting rid of the provisional hires)

So they can get to you on the list while you’re a provisional and all they have to do is change you to a permanent employee. But if they have to end your provisional employment, then they should send you back to MTA Bus, until they reach your list number and then bring you back permanently. 

If you’re talking about another exam where the list is established, you’re x-ing over as a permanent employee. 

On 3/13/2022 at 12:48 AM, 2ride said:

Bigger question is why aren’t they hiring more personnel for the train jobs such as conductors, engineers, and customer ambassadors?

It’s not like they’re not hiring in other depts, but Surface needs more coverage, especially with a high rate of retiring Operators, Injured operators and Current Promotions taking place. I can’t stress it enough on how much open work my depot faces because of not having enough coverage. It's good for the current bus operators on duty because over time will be available. But it's bad for the MTA when it comes to revenue service.

Edited by MTA Move NY

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!
I have a question regarding application process. Hopefully someone has an answer to it.

I have submitted an application online to take a Bus Operator exam No 2611 (testing expected to begin in April 18, 2022). And I have received a Confirmation Number.

I am eligible for a fee waiver as I am receiving Medicaid benefits.
On March 3, 2022 I sent the documentation supporting my fee waiver request by mail (to 180 Livingston St, Room 4070, Brooklyn).
The documentation were an Examination Fee Waiver Request and printout on letterhead of my health insurance company.

According to a tracking number the letter was delivered on March 11.

I haven't received any answer from the Exams Unit at all. I have emailed them to examsunit@nyct.com. And still nothing.

What should I do in this case? March 31 is the deadline.

I got a call text and email for Bus Operator, Exam No. 2611.  May 14. 0830 am. This is TA. Better score high because this is one is the mportant one than the others. 

I did the MTa bus company process got so close to get in to the next class but the physical main doctor told me to get a sleep apnea exam. I have sleep apnea...but I'm not disqualified just yet...Basically my doctor has to clear me for using CPAP machine 30 DAYS or so. 

So if your BMI body mass weight is high and you snore - better get that check it takes a long time. To get the machine and the sleep study. If you got no insurance you going to have a tough time. Go to your primary and get that check -big people out there-

So good luck 👍  get those ayes and ear checked. And good luck trying to get a response from 180 Livingston. 

So I was working for MTA Bus Company but didn’t pass my probation, because of a red light camera ticket. The weird thing the GS told me was that I could take the test and work for TA or OA. So I am trying to take the test 2612 hopefully I will get called back in fast since I am in the system already. 

I've been studying for this exam using a few websites I found. They have practice questions. When I spoke to bus operators in person, pretty much all of them said it's easy and very few questions are technical. Most of it is "Common Sense" stuff. But judging by the practice questions I found, most of them are pretty technical. I have never heard of some terminology there. 

I don't want to be a bus operator but everyone kept telling me to take any exam I think I could pass just to get my foot in the door. And the MTA might offer a different position. Hope that's true. I would prefer yo work in the subway.

• 3 weeks later...