B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, -Galan- said:

What was their reason?
Will there be a date in the future?

As for a reason, I would say "Take an educated guess and go with it." (Feel free to send me a Private Message if you want me to personally elaborate.)

Since this is the next "Civil Service" examination, there will be a future date. At this point, no one knows when it will be. Perhaps three months from now? Perhaps six months from now? Again, "Take an educated guess and go with it." Nice, right?

Edited by +Young+

19 hours ago, Ty3 said:

I tried to send you a PM. Should I register for the 2613 test to see if I will get a test date or wait?

Definitely! The only three things you have to lose are the following:

a) Study time

b) Taking the exam on a Saturday or Sunday

c) The application fee ($68.00)

As they say, "you never know until you try," right?

12 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Definitely! The only three things you have to lose are the following:

a) Study time

b) Taking the exam on a Saturday or Sunday

c) The application fee ($68.00)

As they say, "you never know until you try," right?

The test is not my concern as I was working for MTA Bus Co. but didn’t pass my probation due to a red light camera ticket. Even though I told them that a customer was standing up and if I would have stopped the bus they would have gotten hurt (and to pull the footage since I was driving a new bus) they said I was wrong for going through the light. If all else fails there is always the Sanitation test 😝 

The “union rep” was horrible and the GS was two faced. Even though I’m not working now it will be better in the long run to be at TA than MTA Bus Co. It just sucks that they postponed exam 2612 I registered for 2613 lets see what happens.

On 5/14/2022 at 12:29 PM, Ty3 said:

I tried to send you a PM. Should I register for the 2613 test to see if I will get a test date or wait?

All this exam are almost the same thing... Will try to apply for the next available one, And increase my chances. The next one migth be posted in June sometime. 

I have a question. I currently work for the city but would have to resign to accept the provisional offer following the testing period. Due to the large need of bus operators (hence the 4 exams), will they keep me on board until they call me from the list/how long will the list take to establish?

This would be a great opportunity but i don't want to end up losing this job in 8-9 months.

Thank you

1 hour ago, solidsnakeslug03 said:

I have a question. I currently work for the city but would have to resign to accept the provisional offer following the testing period. Due to the large need of bus operators (hence the 4 exams), will they keep me on board until they call me from the list/how long will the list take to establish?

This would be a great opportunity but i don't want to end up losing this job in 8-9 months.

Thank you

It says provisional because you will have a year probation once hired. So if you don’t pass the year probation you will be let go. 

So I got my Admission Letter in the mail today for Exam 2612 on Tuesday, July 5th, 8:30 AM at 180 Livingston Street in Downtown Brooklyn. However, it states the following:

"As stated in the Notice of Examination, you are required to pay a $20.00 Exam Processing fee in the form of a money order that you MUST bring to your test."

Does anyone else's Admission Letter state this? How come we did not have to pay a Processing fee for Exam 2611?

Thanks in advance for the replies, I appreciate it.

10 hours ago, +Young+ said:

So I got my Admission Letter in the mail today for Exam 2612 on Tuesday, July 5th, 8:30 AM at 180 Livingston Street in Downtown Brooklyn. However, it states the following:

"As stated in the Notice of Examination, you are required to pay a $20.00 Exam Processing fee in the form of a money order that you MUST bring to your test."

Does anyone else's Admission Letter state this? How come we did not have to pay a Processing fee for Exam 2611?

I got my letter as well and was trying to figure out where they stated we would have to pay an additional $20. Oh well I guess its us paying for the OT they had to give the people covering for the test, since they cancelled it before. Let’s see what happens when they send out the test dates for test 2613

16 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I’ve reviewed the NOE, no “processing fee” 😡

3 hours ago, -Galan- said:

I’ve reviewed the NOE, no “processing fee” 😡

I reread the NOE and didn’t see that “notice” on it. But what can we do? If they decided to add an extra $20 fee unfortunately we will have to pay it. 

20 hours ago, MeekAmbiance said:

Hey is there any study guide I can use to study before the exam ? I have an app to take it June 17th. 

There is no study guide for the test. It’s just mainly common sense questions. It will ask the same question 5 different times, just try to remember how you answered them before. 

21 hours ago, MeekAmbiance said:

Hey is there any study guide I can use to study before the exam ? I have an app to take it June 17th. 

I actually disagree with the prior post. As far as a study guide, I would use this and this NYPD Test Prep Kit. Just note that, while the context of the examination will be similar, the examination we will be taking, or already took (for those who took Exam # 2611) are geared towards a Bus Operator's position and not a Police Officer. Here are a few examples:

-For the memorization, which I highly recommend you take seriously, it will be the picture of a single fictitious bus route compared to a crime scene or suspects or anything to that nature.

-For the Reading Comprehension, Written Comprehension Written Expression, Problem Sensitivity, etc., everything will be based on a Bus Operator's position, such as reporting or following instructions from your dispatcher, a basic question involving the pre-trip, etc.

If you want more help with the memorization, send me a Private Message (PM) and we'll take it from there.

On 6/4/2022 at 11:08 PM, drethemta said:

Is there a way to calculate what your score is if you wrote down your answers and matched it up with the answer key?

Number correct divided by number of questions. Then round to the nearest hundredth and that will give you your score.