B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

11 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Hey Bro. @+Young+ so I was called on to MABSTOA. I was able to pick Grand Av. I finish my 7 days and I'm with a Mentor. I received the eligle list for TA in the mail today for exam 2611. Pass with a 91 score and list #1XX Question is how do I transfer over to TA? I have not yet graduated. Do I wait for 180 Livingston Letter "invite" 🤔? Do I wait until I get my shield?  Will I be able to stay in Grand if I Switch over? Is the switch worth it?

As someone who was called to OA more than once and one time for TA and from my  experience albeit anecdotal stay with OA for the year as in focus on getting through probation. If it is TA theyll call again. To transfer over to TA you would have to go through the hiring process again as if youre brand new off the street. the few times i have been to Livingston i saw a few MTA bus drivers who got called for OA/TA and they had to do the process all over again.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, misslo said:

...The few times i have been to Livingston i saw a few MTA bus drivers who got called for OA/TA and they had to do the process all over again.

...With the exception of the medical or physical. Depending on how long ago you were there, they may cross reference everything compared to checking you again. Otherwise, like @misslo said, you would be starting the hiring process from scratch, which includes the pre-employment drug (urine) test.

On 8/6/2022 at 10:40 PM, misslo said:

As someone who was called to OA more than once and one time for TA and from my  experience albeit anecdotal stay with OA for the year as in focus on getting through probation. If it is TA theyll call again. To transfer over to TA you would have to go through the hiring process again as if youre brand new off the street. the few times i have been to Livingston i saw a few MTA bus drivers who got called for OA/TA and they had to do the process all over again.

If you want to pick Queens Division or Staten Island Division, I would accept the transfer. Waiting to finish probation under OA to switch to TA would cost a year's loss of seniority in those divisions.

Otherwise, I personally think if you want to got to TA accept the transfer (you fill out more forms and do another urine test), you already completed the 10 Day Bus Operator Qualification Period - Congratulations! (you do not have to do it again if you transfer)...

I have a question about driving record. So I have a speeding ticket for six points that is still pending that I received during the pandemic in June or July of 2020. I also have a cell phone ticket for being on my phone while stopped even though it's not actually illegal, that happened in October of 2021. Currently my license is clean, I will never get points from the 2020 ticket because the points are 18 months from date of offense if I'm correct. But a cell phone ticket is five points and if I'm found guilty of that, will I be disqualified as you are not supposed to have more than four points.

Also my last violation prior to these two was about 8 years ago.

Any input appreciated.

16 minutes ago, Dakor said:

I have a question about driving record. So I have a speeding ticket for six points that is still pending that I received during the pandemic in June or July of 2020. I also have a cell phone ticket for being on my phone while stopped even though it's not actually illegal, that happened in October of 2021. Currently my license is clean, I will never get points from the 2020 ticket because the points are 18 months from date of offense if I'm correct. But a cell phone ticket is five points and if I'm found guilty of that, will I be disqualified as you are not supposed to have more than four points.

Any input appreciated.

They will not accept you with any open tickets. They must all be resolved before proceeding. 

5 hours ago, Dakor said:

Any input appreciated.

Also keep in mind that the 18-month period is only the cutoff for when the points can be applied to future infractions. The points still remain on your abstract until the 4th year (falls off in January) after the conviction date. 

• +Young+ changed the title to Bus Operator (TA) Exam Testing March - October 2022
On 8/8/2022 at 6:49 PM, Dakor said:

Any input appreciated.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:41 AM, Dakor said:

So basically am I SOL even though one never had an accident, had my licence for 20 years, and scored a 94..

Not that fast. This is what I have to say:

First, have you considered running off your abstract to see what is and what is not on there? Click here for more information. For this purpose, you can run off the "Standard" version.

Second, keep in mind that these Civil Service lists are good for four [4] calendar years, in which you can always restore your name to the list. As of this typing, the list for Exam # 2611 has been published, which expires, as of now, in July of 2026.

Third, unless things have changed, they look back at your abstract for the past three [3] years. Therefore, depending on the conviction date, you can always restore your name to the list before it expires, and see what happens.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

43 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Not that fast. This is what I have to say:

First, have you considered running off your abstract to see what is and what is not on there? Click here for more information. For this purpose, you can run off the "Standard" version.

Second, keep in mind that these Civil Service lists are good for four [4] calendar years, in which you can always restore your name to the list. As of this typing, the list for Exam # 2611 has been published, which expires, as of now, in July of 2026.

Third, unless things have changed, they look back at your abstract for the past three [3] years. Therefore, depending on the conviction date, you can always restore your name to the list before it expires, and see what happens.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

So I have downloaded my abstract, my license is completely clean for The last 5 years. All that I have are the two pending tickets. The speeding ticket for 70 in a 50 occurred in June of 2020, so that is almost 3 years old, and my court date is in November. So I know that I have particle steel and then I have a complete BS cell phone ticket I get online material which occurred in November or December, that has an October court date. 

I have a lawyer for both that I've used before with success, fairly sure he can get my cell phone ticket thrown out, not quite as sure about the speed. But at least the speeding ticket will disappear in 10 months...

Thanks a bunch for the info I did not know my name can remain on the list for that long, I assumed when they call you it's either a yes or no at that moment. 

12 hours ago, Dakor said:

I have a lawyer for both that I've used before with success, fairly sure he can get my cell phone ticket thrown out, not quite as sure about the speed. But at least the speeding ticket will disappear in 10 months...

Thanks a bunch for the info I did not know my name can remain on the list for that long, I assumed when they call you it's either a yes or no at that moment. 

Initially it is a "yes" or "no" decision, however what is nice about these particular examinations, unlike the examinations for MaBSTOA or MTA Bus Company, is that these fall under the heading or category of "Civil Service," in which you can restore your name to the list up to a maximum of three [3] times, providing the list is still active. In addition, if you can get the cell phone ticket thrown out, but not the speeding ticket, according to this webpage, if you do not obtain any more points, you should be good to go as far as getting hired.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Edited by +Young+
Typographical correction

• +Young+ featured this topic
  • Harry unfeatured this topic
On 8/22/2022 at 4:22 PM, lornaevo said:

Check your emails and text messages. They are starting to call from this list. 

On 8/22/2022 at 9:44 PM, -Galan- said:

Received the email,text and call. Hiring from this list has begun. 

My list number for Exam # 2611 is in the 300's and, to this date, I have not received a e-mail and/or text message - has anyone else who is in the 300's, or has a higher list number, received a e-mail and/or text message?

Thanks in advance...

4 hours ago, Dakor said:

Did you just get a call? Or did they email and text?

3 hours ago, -Galan- said:

My list number is 1x,but from what I heard from another depot buddy of mine who is in the lower 100's that he received the call,text and email. 

Yep. Called, text, email, snail mail, smoke signals, everything. They are moving surprisingly quick. 

• 2 weeks later...