B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

8 minutes ago, chrisarmand69 said:

What's going on with 2611? Seems like everything is at a halt. Does anyone know when they will start reaching out to candidates from exam 2611?

There’s a class as Zerega right now. When they are out, there will most likely be another. 

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/28/2023 at 4:34 PM, lornaevo said:

There’s a class as Zerega right now. When they are out, there will most likely be another. 

Hey MailManMike here. Not sure what class is in but I'm pretty positive its not for Bus Operator from Exam#2611. I'm listed in the 140's so I'm highly confident it isn't from 2611.

17 hours ago, MailManMike said:

Hey MailManMike here. Not sure what class is in but I'm pretty positive its not for Bus Operator from Exam#2611. I'm listed in the 140's so I'm highly confident it isn't from 2611.

It’s definitely for Bus Operators. I’m not sure if it’s off 2611. But it’s definitely for Bus Operators. 

45 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

It’s definitely for Bus Operators. I’m not sure if it’s off 2611. But it’s definitely for Bus Operators. 

Hey MailManMike here. I wouldn’t be surprised. The whole hiring system seems to be backwards. If the class before this new one was candidates off Exam #2611. Wouldn’t logic assume the next class should also have candidates off of Exam #2611? Instead of them hiring off of a completely different exam?

14 hours ago, lornaevo said:

There’s always a shortage. It never ends. 

My apologies for briefly going off-topic, however this is also the case in the private sector as well. If you play around with indeed.com with either "Bus Driver" or "Bus Operator," followed by your zip code, you will see that there is a constant need for drivers in the private sector.

Even some bus companies, such as Guardian Bus Company in Long Island, are willing to help you obtain your CDL (Commercial Drivers License) using their buses. Nice, right?

49 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

My apologies for briefly going off-topic, however this is also the case in the private sector as well. If you play around with indeed.com with either "Bus Driver" or "Bus Operator," followed by your zip code, you will see that there is a constant need for drivers in the private sector.

Even some bus companies, such as Guardian Bus Company in Long Island, are willing to help you obtain your CDL (Commercial Drivers License) using their buses. Nice, right?

Guardian is owned by the Logan bus company. Logan will also assist in obtaining your cdl. But they require you to stay for Atleast one year.