Subway rider sues for $3M...

Trainspotter

The problem here is the dollar amount...people think of law suits as a second job, a cheap way to make a lot of money if some little s*** gets done to you....ok so you got sprayed you should get something, maybe 100 bucks for your time with an im sorry note on behalf of the NYPD but 3 MILLION DOLLARS??? HELL NO... if you told me all i had to do was let a cop pepper spray me for TEN GRAND i would take it...but the problem is greed and lawyers. she sees a cheap way to make money and thinks i oughta sue and sits down with a lawyer. the lawyer sees a cheap way to make money so he takes the case and hopes for a settlement since maybe the city would rather pay them a hundred grand than pay ANOTHER lawyer and risk losing the case, meanwhile the first lawyer and the woman decide to sue for a large amount because "why not?" and all you wind up with is just another example of how lawsuit happy and messed up the legal system has become.

10 Grand, hell I would hit pepper sprayed for $1000 as long as the cop get me a gallon of water to wash my eyes out. I personally think she brought it upon her self by going for her phone. How does the officer know if she is going for a gun or a knife? It could have been worse for her, he could have used an ASP (expandable baton) on her and they can break bones. Thing like this would not happen if people knew how to act when stopped by the police, usually the officer is more afraid of you because he does not know what you might do. I hope the judge throws this out or removes the (MTA) from the suite. With the looming fare hike, this women is greedy deserves nothing other then a sorry.

I agree with the above.

That's cuz you're still in college ;)

Agreed 100% though on everything you said...

Hey the economy is tough here. ;)

Archived