Movies with the NYC subway

Harry

• 3 weeks later...

Two that I either missed seeing or they haven't been mentioned:

The Cowboy Way (Woody Harrelson catches up to a subway train riding a horse)

Die Hard 3

What's the one with Martin Sheen where two thugs terrorize train riders?

My favorite for LA is Collateral where Tom Cruise chases Jamie Foxx and Jada Pinkett through the 7th/metro station and through a blue line train.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

"The Taking Of Pelham 123" 1974.

"A Short Walk To Daylight" 1972 - Shortly after an (E) train of R1-R9s departs Church Avenue, an earthquake strikes New York City. Somehow, the third rail stays on.

"The Incident" 1967 - Supposedly a late night trip on the (4) from Woodlawn to 42d Street-Grand Central.

"Aftershock: Earthquake In New York City" 1999 - a second earthquake strikes New York City. This time the subway is one of the stories. Based on the 1991 book "Aftershock" by New York News Anchor Chuck Scarborough.

"The Lost Weekend" 1945 - The Third Avenue El in Manhattan is featured in this movie.

"The Godfather" - In the scene featuring The Luna Restaurant in The Bronx, though not seen, a train is heard passing on the el.

Serpico- R1/9s going over the Williamsburg Bridge

The Warriors- Watch the movie, lots of subway shots. Alot of the subway stuff was filmed at Hoyt on the (A)(C)(G).

Style Wars- It's all about subway graffiti (save the anti-graffiti BS for someone who cares)

Wild Style- More subway graffiti. Filmed in the Canarsie Yard at night, lot's of R16s.

The Cowboy Way (Woody Harrelson catches up to a subway train riding a horse)

Die Hard 3.

Ah, you beat me to it. I was going to bring up 'The Cowboy Way' as well. Obviously it was unrealistic they could ride the horses all the way from midtown to the Manny B as well as the train not stopping in Manhattan. It was running in the wrong direction on the bridge too. Overall the chase on the bridge itself was pretty good and the scene at, I think, 62nd St on the West end line.

Serpico- R1/9s going over the Williamsburg Bridge

The Warriors- Watch the movie, lots of subway shots. Alot of the subway stuff was filmed at Hoyt on the (A)(C)(G).

Style Wars- It's all about subway graffiti (save the anti-graffiti BS for someone who cares)

Wild Style- More subway graffiti. Filmed in the Canarsie Yard at night, lot's of R16s.

Damn it you took wildstyle and style wars!!I was just going to say that:p

Now heres a few...

The wiz-When they were being chased by those freaky creatures on the platform.MoonlightS NYC

Babycakes-starring ricky lake(look it up)Takes place in toronto subway system moonlighting as NYC.

Dreams don`t die 1982-Another Graffiti movie which had heavy subway footage.:P It was a made for TV movie.

Carlitos way-The famous chase through the Redbirds which finished with the Grand central shootout.

King of New York starring christopher walken-The gun show down in the final scene with Frank White and the cop.

The French COnnection, with that awesome (:rock:) chase scene featuring R42s 4572 and 4573!

I'm glad at least someone knows that movie... That was one of the best police chases EVER!! It rocked!:cool:

Another movie is Coming to America.

King Kong (1976) - When Kong bashed part of the BMT Astoria El, between Ditmars Blvd and Astoria Blvd on the 70(RR). Those subway cars cars Kong destroyed was the R16's. In the interior mockup shots they got the angled door pockets and porthole storm door right but got the fans wrong - they were too small. I clearly remember the green 70(RR) sign over the end door of the doomed R16. He really didn't tear the el down; merely derailed the 70(RR) and tore up some of the track.

Archived