NJT Bus fire in North Bergen

GojiMet86

https://abc7ny.com/nj-transit-bus-fire-north-bergen-new-jersey/11773944

FQ0Prs2WYAEmcG-?format=jpg&name=large

NORTH BERGEN, New Jersey (WABC) -- Several NJ Transit buses were engulfed in flames while sitting in a parking lot in North Bergen Wednesday afternoon.

A total of seven buses were sitting in the parking lot on 18th Street and Tonnelle Avenue.

News Coper 7 was live over the scene which showed at least six of the buses engulfed in flames.

North Bergen Police said the fire and rescue department is on the scene and working to put out the fire.

So far, no injuries have been reported.

Officials say to expect heavy traffic delays in the area.

14 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Seems the buses destroyed are the 2003 MCI D400Ns 7802-7805, and 2002 Nova Bus RTS-06 HEVs 4001-4003. Luckily no injuries reported.

Surprised theres still RTS on NJT property, they have been retired since what, 2015?

Watching the video on the news the buses burnt to a crisp looked like RTSs to me, thanks for confirming this.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Surprised theres still RTS on NJT property, they have been retired since what, 2015?

Watching the video on the news the buses burnt to a crisp looked like RTSs to me, thanks for confirming this.

And I thought those RTS burnt today were originally at the lot nearby Meadowlands, not the one parallel to Tonnelle

12 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

And I thought those RTS burnt today were originally at the lot nearby Meadowlands, not the one parallel to Tonnelle

I thought those RTS's were scrapped years ago. I guess now they will be. On a side note, that fire looked pretty sus. Hope it wasn't now arsonist scumbags! 

I looked at the Google Map of the lot and those buses weren't even parked like that. I saw the dozen or so DesignLine buses,  and that one RTS that's being saved for some odd reason, and a whole bunch of others. 7805 was there but in amongst some other buses.

I don't want to speculate on why these seven buses but bear in mind that they've all been retired for years and are all about 20 years old..

46 minutes ago, davemackey said:

I looked at the Google Map of the lot and those buses weren't even parked like that. I saw the dozen or so DesignLine buses,  and that one RTS that's being saved for some odd reason, and a whole bunch of others. 7805 was there but in amongst some other buses.

I don't want to speculate on why these seven buses but bear in mind that they've all been retired for years and are all about 20 years old..

Weren't 4001-4003 originally at the retired lot nearby Meadowlands garage? And I thought those buses would've been off property by now. Those buses as Ik were moved there as recent few years ago. All the other MCIs that were retired there are gone from the map. Its just the Designline buses, and 1356 plus those seven buses.

• 9 months later...
On 2/3/2023 at 10:06 PM, Cait Sith said:

The interesting thing about this.....they were fans/foamers.

Why would these disgusting fans/foamers do something like this? Like come on! There were going off to someone and these 6 sobs decided otherwise!! To me, ppl would never treat us the same way again. 

Edited by FLX9304
This was my expression

• 2 months later...