PATHers still don't know how to use PATH Smartlink

FamousNYLover

Every time when I used PATH, I seen PATH passengers taking their Smartlink Card out of their clear window wallet and adding trip/unlimited trip, then taking out again at turnstile.

I always switch place with MetroCard and make Smartlink Card in front without taking card and I just add, go in and that's it.

Maybe, PATH riders still not familar with Smartlink Card that you don't need to take the card out.

(MTA)(NYCT) Metrocards are accepted there, just only pay per ride cards, unlimiteds are not taken.

I know. When i end up waiting near the turnstiles i sometimes see noobs try to pass w/ their unlimited card. I ask them if its unlimited & tell them to get a single ride ticket.

- A

I know. When i end up waiting near the turnstiles i sometimes see noobs try to pass w/ their unlimited card. I ask them if its unlimited & tell them to get a single ride ticket.

- A

I agree.

Folks sometimes make mistake with Subway System.

Long time when I was heading to Philadelphia to catch NJT and SEPTA, I used PATH at WTC, then I saw tourist tries to enter PATH with Unlimited MetroCard. (I think they thought it was MTA, but other folks told them this is not subway and pointed them to subway stations.)

I agree.

Folks sometimes make mistake with Subway System.

Long time when I was heading to Philadelphia to catch NJT and SEPTA, I used PATH at WTC, then I saw tourist tries to enter PATH with Unlimited MetroCard. (I think they thought it was MTA, but other folks told them this is not subway and pointed them to subway stations.)

Oh totally! Some folks don't even know which trains are for which company. Amtrak people at trenton have to turn away 6-7 NJT ticket holders every time a train pulls in right as the platform gets crowded in anticipation of the NJT train pulling in or boarding if it's all ready there. Being educated doesn't hurt. :D

- A

Even i get it confused some time! It just seems the back of the card should face you, like credit/debit cards do. When i'm using my CCard all day (for very small stuff) & i go to use my metrocard its like ...oh yea. :D

It's even worse when i'm done a day of buying stuff going to movie etc, then all the sudden i'm going to the wtc PATH station & i stop at the hudson news kiosk there, then go down the elevator to the turnstile area... I end up having to swipe 2-3 times those days because my mind is in a blur of what train i'll end up getting on at nwk and how long PATH might take to get there, and if i have time to get NJT tickets for next time etc etc. :D

- A

Oh totally! Some folks don't even know which trains are for which company. Amtrak people at trenton have to turn away 6-7 NJT ticket holders every time a train pulls in right as the platform gets crowded in anticipation of the NJT train pulling in or boarding if it's all ready there. Being educated doesn't hurt. :D

- A

The same thing happens at Stamford on Metro-North. Metro-North riders always try to board Acela. I'm not sure if they're trying to get over or if they're just that naive.

The same thing happens at Stamford on Metro-North. Metro-North riders always try to board Acela. I'm not sure if they're trying to get over or if they're just that naive.

That would be funny if someone got on acela at trenton by accident.

- A

Archived