MTA's planned cuts include everything from station agents to entire train lines

Myrtle Local

Have they lost their minds? Williamsburg, Bedford-Stuyvesant, East New York, Jamaica and Astoria customers will not be happy. There is no point eliminating the (W) and (Z) trains. I have a better change getting to Astoria on the (W) than the (N). (Z) skip-stop service is a faster than sitting on a (J) making all stops after Myrtle Avenue-Broadway. Also I rather take the the (J) from Marcy Avenue to Myrtle Avenue-Broadway via Broadway El express than to sit on a the (M) making all local stops. Then halving the (M) only from Middle Village-Metropolitan Avenue to Broad Street what about the 4 Avenue Line during rush hours only one local and some of the time the (R) is kind of slow. Its bad enough (G) customers complain about their line sucks and now permanently want to terminate the (G) @ Long Island City-Court Square all times while Queens Blvd Line rider suffers late nights and weekends. To top that off I have to wait 30 minutes for a train during late nights and its bad enough 20 minutes seem long enough. This is utterly ridiculous and none of the (MTA) CEO's ride their subways or buses. Some ppl are not near subways in the lower part of Brooklyn and uses the X27 and X28 to get to Manhattan and they trying to axe that also. (MTA) are disgusting thieves, golddigers and money-hungry greedy fools. New Yorkers better wake the hell up and fight this. If this really happens I'm moving to New Jersey

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have they lost their minds? Williamsburg, Bedford-Stuyvesant, East New York, Jamaica and Astoria customers will not be happy. There is no point eliminating the (W) and (Z) trains. I have a better change getting to Astoria on the (W) than the (N). (Z) skip-stop service is a faster than sitting on a (J) making all stops after Myrtle Avenue-Broadway. Also I rather take the the (J) from Marcy Avenue to Myrtle Avenue-Broadway via Broadway El express than to sit on a the (M) making all local stops. Then halving the (M) only from Middle Village-Metropolitan Avenue to Broad Street what about the 4 Avenue Line during rush hours only one local and some of the time the (R) is kind of slow. Its bad enough (G) customers complain about their line sucks and now permanently want to terminate the (G) @ Long Island City-Court Square all times while Queens Blvd Line rider suffers late nights and weekends. To top that off I have to wait 30 minutes for a train during late nights and its bad enough 20 minutes seem long enough. This is utterly ridiculous and none of the (MTA) CEO's ride their subways or buses. Some ppl are not near subways in the lower part of Brooklyn and uses the X27 and X28 to get to Manhattan and they trying to axe that also. (MTA) are disgusting thieves, golddigers and money-hungry greedy fools. New Yorkers better wake the hell up and fight this. If this really happens I'm moving to New Jersey

Hopefully it doesn't happen but the ones making these proposals only care about $$$ and could care less if they choke service because they probably don't depend on any of these lines, if they ride the subway at all. It's going to have a system wide ripple effect also, not just solely these lines. Now because they couldn't run their business properly they need someone (NYS) to bail them out

Hopefully it doesn't happen but the ones making these proposals only care about $$$ and could care less if they choke service because they probably don't depend on any of these lines, if they ride the subway at all. It's going to have a system wide ripple effect also, not just solely these lines. Now because they couldn't run their business properly they need someone (NYS) to bail them out

I hope it doesn't happen also, but its still wrong. They are no hurting service, they are hurting their customers and workers. Its bad enough Metro-Cards are damn near a lil to much to buy. If (MTA) stopped ordering demo/new buses and subway cars it won't be a fare hike. Your right they don't know how to run their business, why don't some of them use their own money for this. This transportation should have been ran by the City of New York instead of the State, the City have a better chance running the trains and buses properly!

Come xmas and new year you best hope there is a nimble transit system waiting for all those people. If there isn't, there will be major backlash against the city & will hurt business going forward from people getting a bad impression. (SEPTA) strike really hurt philly's image & probably cost them the olympic bid with all of their service related issues (they need way more).

- A

Cutting (G) in half? You gotta be kidding me. The morning trains are packed as it is. And by completely doing away with the (W) and (Z), what do they plan on doing with all these leftover cars?

The morning (G) trains already don't stop past court Sq. they're just making the Corut Sq. extension permanent, and the (G) doesn't go past court Sq. anyway except for late nights, evenings and seldom on weekends. Also, the (W) used 10 trains which will likely be put into (N) service. The (M)'s extra cars will probably just go into (J) service.

Dear lawd I hope not.....the (N) don't need to be local via Broadway its bad enough its local on weekends

I think it'll still go over the bridge but cross over to the local tracks at Prince St.

Does anyone have any word on when these service cuts begin? I'm assuming 12/21.

R.I.P. (W) November 2001 - 2008

You gotta be kidding me. We're the people who puts the money into the MTAs pocket, and this is how we get treated?I think that the government should do something but since they are money greedy with the $700 billion bailout, they dont wanna use it to help others. Auto companies need some of that money cuz if they dont get it the auto industry will collapse. Companies like GM needed that money and the government didnt want to give some of that money. But i bet if it was someting war related, in which some of that 700 billion is needed,the government would be quick in using that money.

The biggest joke NYCT has is their Planning Service Guidelines. They were instituted to assure enough service was being provided on each of the routes. Whenever an elected official would claim a line was underserved, the MTA would respond that service was within their guidelines and therefore adequate. Whenever service was cut, the MTA would respond that the line was receiving more service than the guideline required, so a cut was in order.

So now the MTA wants to cut service, but there is a problem, cutting service would violate the service guidelines. So what does the MTA do? They just change the off-peak guidelines from a 100% seated load to a 125% seated load. Now they can cut again under the new guidelines. So these guidelines don't mean a damn thing.

Yet as Channel 7 revealed last week, some track workers get 8 hours pay for an hour or two of actual work. How many other inefficiencies are built into the system? The State should have to approve any changes to the guidelines. That would force the MTA to correct some of its inefficiencies before it resorts to cutting service.

Why is it that the rider always has to suffer?

The biggest joke NYCT has is their Planning Service Guidelines. They were instituted to assure enough service was being provided on each of the routes. Whenever an elected official would claim a line was underserved, the MTA would respond that service was within their guidelines and therefore adequate. Whenever service was cut, the MTA would respond that the line was receiving more service than the guideline required, so a cut was in order.

So now the MTA wants to cut service, but there is a problem, cutting service would violate the service guidelines. So what does the MTA do? They just change the off-peak guidelines from a 100% seated load to a 125% seated load. Now they can cut again under the new guidelines. So these guidelines don't mean a damn thing.

Yet as Channel 7 revealed last week, some track workers get 8 hours pay for an hour or two of actual work. How many other inefficiencies are built into the system? The State should have to approve any changes to the guidelines. That would force the MTA to correct some of its inefficiencies before it resorts to cutting service.

Why is it that the rider always has to suffer?

Riders suffer b/c (MTA) are selfish, greddy, conniving, deceitful, money-hungry. They don't care one thing about their riders, workers (C/R, T/O, trackworkers), subway and bus service. All (MTA) care about is dollar signs. (MTA) are evil. (MTA) got money but spend it widely on demo buses and other stuff, they can't make decent decisions or run the transportation properly. I think the CEO should donate majority of his money since he don't ride his own subways and buses.

Well the American Empire is sooooooo close to collapsing. As always our economy is dropping, going up dropping going up fropping and sooooo on..

The MTA needs to find away to avoid this BS, i think they need to become an Independent System, rather then the government taking charge,

(Not saying like the Split of IRT, IND, and BMT like back then)

(W) train from 2001-2009? or sumin

so that means, the (N) Will become again the Broadway Local via Whitehall. (Q) no change

(Z) worst since the (9) got booted, so now the (M) and (J) lives together with no (Z)

The (G) cut back, well I dont care much, as Im not a regular Queens or brooklyn rider, the (G) wont see a day that it will permanently go to 71st street. I think the reason why the MTA is cutting the (G) . Is becuz they dont have enough money to pay workers for going down via Queens Blvd line...

So instead they put up a bunch of crap claiming that there is construstion on that line, and its false...

SAS? well I aint going there, to be honest, the SAS project will collapse once again. Over 1.5 mllion $ just to get this baby on track. I say f**k they (T) and let the (Q) become the 2nd Avenue Subway to 125th. We got trains already in the east side south of 59th, what else do we need.

Fare well, expect a drop in ridership for the T/A and soon they will get out of business, one day we will have to PAY $10 just for a regular ride?? are you crazy, even $100 is worst.

Hopefully Obama makes this fix as well when he enters the administration in 2009

GOOD LUCK MTA!

just me (2)(5) cents

SAS? well I aint going there, to be honest, the SAS project will collapse once again. Over 1.5 mllion $ just to get this baby on track. I say f**k they (T) and let the (Q) become the 2nd Avenue Subway to 125th. We got trains already in the east side south of 59th, what else do we need.

Is the (MTA) going to cancel the second ave subway line project?

The (Z) maybe a bad cut because those are Put Ins from the Yard for Rush Hours and provides the line with a 5 Minute headway to those stops served by both line. The (J) only means less train put in service and stops being served every 10 Minutes during Rush Hours.

The (G) has been shortlined to Court SQ at the times its suppose to go to Continenal so they been working on that and not much complaints so I see that happening.

(M) to Broad St don't think its a big deal with the (J) it will provide 5 Minute headways between Mytle and Board St.

Loss of the (W) will be a big problem for the Rush Hours when I worked the (W) my train was standing room only.

The (MTA) are just money greedy. If they didnt go crazy ordering R160's, none of that would have happened. If they were wise with their money, none of THIS would have happened,But now we have have to deal with the consequences because of their lack of ability to use their money. (MTA) has to WAKE UP!!!. Cuz were dealing with this cuz of them.

Archived