MTA's planned cuts include everything from station agents to entire train lines

Myrtle Local

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he might be talking about the (5) Bronx Exprss, but idc no CUTS FOR IT

<4> doesnt exist

what about the (3) Shuttle?

Well the (5) train should only go to Dyre Ave and keep the (5) express service. The <4> does exsit and it skip 138 street but I think for the service cut they should just have (4) stop at 138 street all times instead of having it skip that station during rush hours. The (3) late night shuttle could be kept.

To K Express

Sorry I disgree with all of what you just listed above. Theres no reason the (A)(4)(5) should run local weekends, thats nothing but hell and torture. (7)<7> shouldn't be cut back to 74th Street-Broadway b/c it makes no sense......what about customers heading beyond 74th Street-Broadway. The (4) doesn't terminate @ Flatbush Avenue during rush hours only New Lots Avenue and thats to relief congestion on the Livionia Avenue Line, also (2)<5> terminates @ Utica Avenue and/or New Lots Avenue during rush hours is to relief congestion @ Flatbush Avenue. The (3) doesn't have special rush hours to Flatbush Avenue. Leave the (6) b/c its helps along the Lexington Avenue Line during late nights, just wish the (4) ran express during late nights. If the (:( terminates @ 57th Street-6th Avenue its no where to turn around and causes the (F) trains to be backed up from Queens. If the (F) runs via 53th Street, what would run along 63rd Street? Nothing and thats screwing customers from 21st Street-Queensbridge to 57th Street-6th Avenue

To K Express

If the (:( terminates @ 57th Street-6th Avenue its no where to turn around and causes the (F) trains to be backed up from Queens. If the (F) runs via 53th Street, what would run along 63rd Street? Nothing and thats screwing customers from 21st Street-Queensbridge to 57th Street-6th Avenue

My point exactly. I couldn't have said that any better. And its not like the Roosevelt Is. tram is capable of undertaking such a high capacity that only the F can take care of.

To K Express

If the (F) runs via 53th Street, what would run along 63rd Street? Nothing and thats screwing customers from 21st Street-Queensbridge to 57th Street-6th Avenue

EDITED:

What I said is to extend the (Q) to Forest Hill 71 Avenue and maybe (:( can also be extended to Forest Hill 71 Avenue instead of terminating at 57 street.

I think what (MTA) should do for cutting service back.

1.Discontinue the (V) line.

2. Reoute the (F) on the 53 Street tunnel.

3.Extend the (Q) to to 21 Street-Queensbridge.

4. Rextended (G) to to Forest Hills-71 Avenue at all times expect late night which during late night the (E) train run local on the Queens Blve line.

5. The (MTA) can drop the (W)/(Z) if they want to.

6. Keep the (J) express service.

7. The (M) can be cut back to Board Street and transfer to another route to brooklyn in the transit center.

8. The Rockaway Shuttle (S) should replace (A) between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park- Beach 116 Street and then (A) will no longer serve the Rockaway park during rush hours.

9. (:( should be be cut back to 57 Street and have (D) local and <(D)> express in broxn.

10. During weekends and late nights the (6) should be cut back to 125 Street and have the (4)/(5) run local on weekends,the (4)/(5) already run lcoal during late nights.

11. Cut back <7> express service to 74 street-Broadway and have the (7) local terminate at 74 Street-Broadway and have the people transfer to <7> express train to/from main street on weekdays.

12. The (2)/(5) that has some rush hour trip to/from New Lots Avenue/Utica Ave should be discontinued.

13. The (4) that has some rush hours trips to/from New Lots Avenue/Flatbush Avenue should be discontinued.

14.The (3) that has some rush hour trips to/from Flatbush Ave should be discontinued.

15 The (E) that has some rush hour trip to/from Jamaica-179 Street should be discontinued.

16. Also during rush hours the (5) that goes to Nereid Av should be discontinued and should only go to Dyre Ave only.

17. The (4) train that skips 138 street during rush hours should be discontinued and have the 4 stop at 138 street all times.

18. During late nights and weekends the (G) should be cut back to Hoyt Street-Schermerhorn Street.

19.(C) trains weekend service should be discontinued and have (A) run local during weekends also (like it does late night) so the (C) train run during weekdays only and the (A) run express during weekdays only.

20.The Staten Island Railway express service should be discontinued and have the Staten Island Railway run

local all times.

That's what I think the (MTA) should do to cut back service.

So you would stop service on the 63 Street Line????

(7)<7> shouldn't be cut back to 74th Street-Broadway b/c it makes no sense......what about customers heading beyond 74th Street-Broadway.

That's why I said the <7> express train should go to the Flushing-Main Street and run local after 74 street while the (7) local terminates at 74 street.

That's why I said the <7> express train should go to the Flushing-Main Street and run local after 74 street while the (7) local terminates at 74 street.

Now let ask you this.....if the <7> going to Flushing-Main Street via Roosevelt Avenue Express....what happens to the customers for the local stations @ 82nd Street-Jackson Heights, 90th Street-Elmhurst Avenue, 103rd Street-Corona Plaza and 111th Street?

Now let ask you this.....if the <7> going to Flushing-Main Street via Roosevelt Avenue Express....what happens to the customers for the local stations @ 82nd Street-Jackson Heights, 90th Street-Elmhurst Avenue, 103rd Street-Corona Plaza and 111th Street?

I said that the <7> express train can run local for the rest of the line after 74 street

You know, not to sound like an upstart or anything but, no one is really taking into consideration the communities and the route changes that may be effected. Think about it, if you lived along the 63 St. connector and you wanted to go to Queens only to find out that the (Q) terminates there and heads back to Coney Island, wouldn't you be a little pissed?

I said that the <7> express train can run local for the rest of the line after 74 street

Sorry that's crazy.....you are just screwing those customers over....Flushing Line is crowded everyday.....to end the local @ 74th Street-Broadway and make the express replace the local from 74th Street-Broadway to Flushing-Main Street makes no sense @ all

You can't send the (Q) to 21st Street-Queensbridge b/c that screws the 57th Street-7th Avenue customers and make no sense either

Edited:

The (Q) still will stop at 57 street but it still can be extended Forest Hills 71 Ave. It does not screw up service and it does make sence.

You know, not to sound like an upstart or anything but, no one is really taking into consideration the communities and the route changes that may be effected. Think about it, if you lived along the 63 St. connector and you wanted to go to Queens only to find out that the (Q) terminates there and heads back to Coney Island, wouldn't you be a little pissed?

Okay maybe I got a little to far then now the (:(/(Q) can be extended to Forest Hills 71 Ave.

Here's my idea...

IRT Lines, no changes.

BMT / IND

(A) - Trains to Lefferts Blvd., Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park at all times except weekends and latenights. Xfer to (S) during those times.

(G) - Northern terminal: Court Sq.

(W) - Service only during rush hours, replaced by (R) train other times

@ This thread.....

Jackson_popcorn.gif

This thread is just too funny, 63rd street line would be closed and a whole bunch of (7) line stations wound'nt even have any service at all!!

Tell me about it. Just the recipe to piss off people after a fare hike. Oh, so you wanna ***** about high fares huh? Well guess what? If you live along the 63 St. connector - you guys are gonna love this - you're screwed! lmao Have fun walking! Don't forget, (MTA), going your way!

Archived