MTA's planned cuts include everything from station agents to entire train lines

Myrtle Local

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay maybe I got a little to far then now the (B)/(Q) can be extended to Forest Hills 71 Ave.

How bout leaving the (Q) as is and just extending the (B) to 71/Continental via 63rd then if you're going to reroute the (F) back down 53rd? (F) local, (B) express. So Queens Blvd would be (B)(E)(F)(R).

@trainfan22- That pic is from Thriller right? :(

@everyone- The one lesson we can learn from this is that subway routes should not be messed with as changing even one screws a whole lotta people over.

Well the (5) train should only go to Dyre Ave and keep the (5) express service. The <4> does exsit and it skip 138 street but I think for the service cut they should just have (4) stop at 138 street all times instead of having it skip that station during rush hours. The (3) late night shuttle could be kept.

i dunno about cuting the (3) to 135th but could cause minor delays to the (2), when it has to go in a Z from Downtown to uptown side

The (4) skipping 138th is the mosts stupidest thing Ive seen so far, just 1 stop doesnt make sence, if I were to use the (5) I would get to 149th street at the same time as the (4) skipping..

(C) could be extended to to Lefferts and have the (A) go to rkaway mott ave, while the (S) works with rkway pk

Tell me about it. Just the recipe to piss off people after a fare hike. Oh, so you wanna ***** about high fares huh? Well guess what? If you live along the 63 St. connector - you guys are gonna love this - you're screwed! lmao Have fun walking! Don't forget, (MTA), going your way!
LOL! Kexpress clearly didn't think his ideas all the way though.

So the Queens Blvd Line is going to be (B)(E)(F)(Q)(R) and (V) trains? So thats about 3 expresses and 3 locals.....boy the Queens Blvd Line is not going to be backed up but screwed up even more

Wow, talk about congestion imgine during rush hour all those trains on queens blvd @ the same time!!

How bout leaving the (Q) as is and just extending the (B) to 71/Continental via 63rd then if you're going to reroute the (F) back down 53rd? (F) local, (B) express. So Queens Blvd would be (B)(E)(F)(R).

@trainfan22- That pic is from Thriller right? :(

@everyone- The one lesson we can learn from this is that subway routes should not be messed with as changing even one screws a whole lotta people over.

Yes, that pic is from thirller.

You people drive me crazy! I do not agree with the elimination of the (W) or (Z). The (W) reduces over crowding of the (R) and the (Z) gets people home faster. I agree with the (G) and the (M) though. The MTA Should be increasing service not decreasing. Besides, those fools make more than $1 million dollars every day from our own pockets. every minute, over millions of people pay so that should be no excuse about their so-called "budget".

You people drive me crazy! I do not agree with the elimination of the (W) or (Z). The (W) reduces over crowding of the (R) and the (Z) gets people home faster. I agree with the (G) and the (M) though. The MTA Should be increasing service not decreasing. Besides, those fools make more than $1 million dollars every day from our own pockets.

And they pocketed the money and cried they "broke" and they got fancy cars and homes Uptstate or Westchester County

Arright how about this:

Div 1:

(4) skipping 138 is eliminated.

(5) to Dyre at all times via local in Bronx.

Div 2:

(V) eliminated.

(:( rerouted to 71/Continental via 63rd St, express in Queens.

(F) rerouted to 53rd Street, local in Queens.

(G) and (M) cuts same as in (MTA) plan.

(C)(D) run skip-stop on CPW between 59th and 125th with all trains stopping at 96th St.

(W) remains, (Z) I don't really care about.

Pay cuts for all those bigwigs and upper level management etc.

I'll protest if the (W) is cut! I'm NOT joking. I'll stand in front of Whitehall Street with sign saying to save the (W). Sick and all! I WILL NO LET THIS HAPPEN! Save the (W)hiskey!!!!

Well the (MTA) doen't need extra train service on the Broadway line and 6th avenue. I don't care about the (V)/(W) since I don't ride a lot. The (V) should be discontinued since the people don't ride it and have the (G) exetneded to Forest Hill 71 Street so the coustumers happy again instead of transfering and the (F) can be reoute over to the 53rd Street tunnel and the (:( should be rerouted over to the 63rd street tunnel and exetnded to queens. As for the (W),The (W) should be discontinued also and have (N) rerouted over on the Montague Street Tunnel and it could be the (W)'s replacement and then it will be easy then the people can take (N) from south ferry Whitehall street and other station on the Montague Street Tunnel can get to brooklyn fast so the (N) should run on the Montague Street Tunnel all times to help the (R) and replace the (W).

Arright how about this:

Div 1:

(4) skipping 138 is eliminated.

(5) to Dyre at all times via local in Bronx.

Div 2:

(V) eliminated.

(:( rerouted to 71/Continental via 63rd St, express in Queens.

(F) rerouted to 53rd Street, local in Queens.

(G) and (M) cuts same as in (MTA) plan.

(C)(D) run skip-stop on CPW between 59th and 125th with all trains stopping at 96th St.

(W) remains, (Z) I don't really care about.

Pay cuts for all those bigwigs and upper level management etc.

and whos gonna replace the (D) for concourse Lcl when (D) is running exp, (B) can stay where it is, (5) lcl all time isnt needed, as it will then have to run Lex lcl, too much.

I think the MTAs version is better, I dont like these freaky ideas =S

(C)(D) Skip stop... hell no

and whos gonna replace the (D) for concourse Lcl when (D) is running exp, (:( can stay where it is, (5) lcl all time isnt needed, as it will then have to run Lex lcl, too much.

I think the MTAs version is better, I dont like these freaky ideas =S

(C)(D) Skip stop... hell no

These are just conjectures, worst case scenarios, etc... and (D) runs Concourse local. (5) doesn't run Lex local because we have the (6).

Well the (MTA) doen't need extra train service on the Broadway line and 6th avenue. I don't care about the (V)/(W) since I don't ride a lot. The (V) should be discontinued since the people don't ride it and have the (G) exetneded to Forest Hill 71 Street so the coustumers happy again instead of transfering and the (F) can be reoute over to the 53rd Street tunnel and the (:( should be rerouted over to the 63rd street tunnel and exetnded to queens. As for the (W),The (W) should be discontinued also and have (N) rerouted over on the Montague Street Tunnel and it could be the (W)'s replacement and then it will be easy then the people can take (N) from south ferry Whitehall street and other station on the Montague Street Tunnel can get to brooklyn fast so the (N) should run on the Montague Street Tunnel all times to help the (R) and replace the (W).

The 6th Avenue and Broadway Line need the extra trains theres nothing wrong with the (V) and (W) trains. The (F) can continue running via 63rd Street, the (N) don't need to be local via Broadway. Just leave things just the way they are

The 6th Avenue and Broadway Line need the extra trains theres nothing wrong with the (V) and (W) trains. The (F) can continue running via 63rd Street, the (N) don't need to be local via Broadway. Just leave things just the way they are

Well having an extra service is just a waste of money and anyways we want something to be back to normal like what i said in my other post previously.

Well having an extra service is just a waste of money and anyways we want something to be back to normal like what i said in my other post previously.

Extra service is not a waste of money b/c the (V) and (W) are fine and who is "we" b/c I'm part of "we" and don't want a damn change in the service so you got to speak for yourself. Leave them just the way they are

Extra service is not a waste of money b/c the (V) and (W) are fine and who is "we" b/c I'm part of "we" and don't want a damn change in the service so you got to speak for yourself. Leave them just the way they are

Well mostly the (F)/(G) riders are not happy because of the (V) line and the people would want (MTA) to rextened the (G) to Forest Hill 71 street and (F) to go back to the 53rd street tunnel. The (F)/(G) riders hate the (V) line mostly.

Well mostly the (F)/(G) riders are not happy because of the (V) line and the people would want (MTA) to rextened the (G) to Forest Hill 71 street and (F) to go back to the 53rd street tunnel. The (F)/(G) riders hate the (V) line mostly.

Where did you get that info from? It seems to me the (F) riders love the 63rd Street Line and it still stay that way. The rest of them will have to get over it b/c the (F) is not going back to 53rd Street and theres no reason for it to go there!

Where did you get that info from? It seems to me the (F) riders love the 63rd Street Line and it still stay that way. The rest of them will have to get over it b/c the (F) is not going back to 53rd Street and theres no reason for it to go there!

Exactly 53rd st corridor is very busy, and is served by Queens Blvd local AND express trains, so former (F) riders along 53rd can just take the (E) instead and it's the same thing unless they come from one of the last 4 stops along the (F) - and even so they can maybe grab one of the extra (E)'s out of 179.

Put the (F) back on 53rd, and anyone along that corridor will have to transfer at Queens Plaza for the (R) - or the (G) if it runs local there...and that will make EVERYONE living at a local station along Queens Blvd angry. Not to mention what the heck would serve 63rd st, and more importantly Roosevelt Island??? The tram??? I'd love to see the Tram try and handle the passenger load at Roosevelt Island Station...people would get to work just in time to go back home again...nothing against the Tram it's just not designed for that!

Exactly 53rd st corridor is very busy, and is served by Queens Blvd local AND express trains, so former (F) riders along 53rd can just take the (E) instead and it's the same thing unless they come from one of the last 4 stops along the (F) - and even so they can maybe grab one of the extra (E)'s out of 179.

Put the (F) back on 53rd, and anyone along that corridor will have to transfer at Queens Plaza for the (R) - or the (G) if it runs local there...and that will make EVERYONE living at a local station along Queens Blvd angry. Not to mention what the heck would serve 63rd st, and more importantly Roosevelt Island??? The tram??? I'd love to see the Tram try and handle the passenger load at Roosevelt Island Station...people would get to work just in time to go back home again...nothing against the Tram it's just not designed for that!

Thank you very much......I'm so glad you backed me up on my point that I was trying to make. Reroute trains to different routes don't make sense and of course ppl will be damned near be pissed off.....I would and I don't ride the trains everyday

Archived