MTA's planned cuts include everything from station agents to entire train lines

Myrtle Local

Well, spitting is now common even for American-born people! Like sports stars, even for American-born Europen, Africans, Asians, e.t.c.! So spitting, well it is bad manner but hard to change. No only chinese!

Well MTR, many cities are building! Remember - China, Koreas, Middle East and South East China are developing countries. Only Singapore and Japan seems developed...

And people washing clothes in pools, that is crazy. I never saw people wash their clothes. Probably those are poor peoples who are doing it... My vacation apartment in Hangzhou's Pool is very clean... Same for a friend's house in Shanghai... No problems!

SE China is not a country.

Middle East is not a country.

SOUTH Korea is fairly developed, as with Hong Kong. I think Taiwan is developed as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developed_country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developing_country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Least_Developed_Countries

I forgot about this, people defecate in public pools.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And they waste into the pools? Ill, what is wrong with those cantonese people?

ARE YOU GENERALISING??? I'm really offended right now. Not EVERY CANTONESE PERSON is like that.

And I am not sure what kind of people they are... they could be from the north. I don't know, I didn't ask them or approach them.

And the defecation into pools has been an issue in many CHINESE CITIES. There was an article on the Singtao Daily about how the pools had to test the pool water in many cities throughout Mainland China, after the Olympics, since people wanted to swim. Beijing was one of them.

Listen ya'll are off topic and 2nd stop this silly arguement....its not making sense. We shall respect each other opinions not matter if you agree or disagree with them!

Agreed, let's move back to topic.

Paterson wants that plan passes ASAP. I really hope it could save the MTA. However it means tolls for the people on four wheels.

Agreed, let's move back to topic.

Paterson wants that plan passes ASAP. I really hope it could save the MTA. However it means tolls for the people on four wheels.

I would have supported congestion pricing if I could vote. The less people drive, the fewer accidents, the less traffic, the less pollution... of course it would inconvenience those without easy access to a subway or bus.

But seriously, an entire car for only one person? Not needed. That one person could easily take a train or bus unless that person lives in an area without mass transit. Then I would understand.

To MTR: Not generalizing... I should add something in the front like some of these... Too much thing to do at once... :(...

Back on: Is there any dates on when the (W) and (Z) is going to be gone and the fare will rise and the service will cut?

This is suppose to happen in the Summer of 2009!

I would have supported congestion pricing if I could vote. The less people drive, the fewer accidents, the less traffic, the less pollution... of course it would inconvenience those without easy access to a subway or bus.

But seriously, an entire car for only one person? Not needed. That one person could easily take a train or bus unless that person lives in an area without mass transit. Then I would understand.

Really, the people who are certainly taking advantage of the East River bridges are the Chinatown commuter vans. While they are convenient for the people, they clog up space and they cross the Manhattan Br/Williamsburg Br several times a day. Sometimes up to 8 times. I think a tax should be levied based on income level and the type of company. See, those commuter van companies are really taking advantage. And they should really pay the price. That price should be given to support the public transit system.

While i agree the MTA management like Lee Sandler should take a pay cut, guys you missing the big picture. I blame most of this budget crisis at the Governor's office (since the days of Pataki)and State legsiture in Albany.

Also the folks at Captial Hill in Washington DC too.

For those of you who dont vote or study the canadiates in elections as millions dont it also your fault for electing those are not transit friendly.

Also for those of you in Lower Manhattan why you keep re electing Sheldon Silver as State Assembly speaker?

• 1 month later...
the (V) does not have his own supervsior.

The (V) is controlled by the (F).

look here: http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/pdf/tfcur.pdf

Yes The (W) is controlled by the (N).

Yes The (Z) is controlled by the (J).

Dave would know more than you since he works for the (MTA). Just cause the site has the (V) under (F) and etc., the site doesn't give any info about supervisors, and the only people that would know will be people that work for the (MTA).

well some people from RD (straphangers) told me.

don't trust anything you read on that site. an employee's word, especially someone who is pretty reliable like PBD (and who actually works the line he is talking about) is way more meaningful than a bunch of foamers over at straphangers who spend all of their time arguing whos imaginary route is better

don't trust anything you read on that site. an employee's word, especially someone who is pretty reliable like PBD (and who actually works the line he is talking about) is way more meaningful than a bunch of foamers over at straphangers who spend all of their time arguing whos imaginary route is better

image2.jpg

B)

While i agree the MTA management like Lee Sandler should take a pay cut, guys you missing the big picture. I blame most of this budget crisis at the Governor's office (since the days of Pataki)and State legsiture in Albany.

Also the folks at Captial Hill in Washington DC too.

For those of you who dont vote or study the canadiates in elections as millions dont it also your fault for electing those are not transit friendly.

Also for those of you in Lower Manhattan why you keep re electing Sheldon Silver as State Assembly speaker?

Thank you! My first post on this site was about the knuckleheads up in Albany and why people like Silver and Joseph Bruno (who resigned in the midst of a Federal Curruption Probe last year) keep getting reelected year after year, yet all they do is hold up any possible progress on many State projects until they get their "cut." If any politician deserves a hard kick in the ass with a steel toed boot on the way out the door it's Shelly Simpleton and his band of cronies! These saps can't even come up with a balanced budget cause they refuse to say no to spending increases and tax hikes. It's because of political hacks like Silver who deny State funds to the MTA and other badly needed services until their own agenda has been served

• 3 weeks later...

Archived