Interested on Employment Opportunities in the MTA

Hi, I have been participating for a long time in this forum and I'm a big fan of transit. I have to create a new account since the one that I used to got wipped out.

I work for NYCDOE as a paraprofessional for almost 15th year. I always interested working for the MTA. Since I want to still staying the public sector. I'm planning to get my regular driving licence during the summer vacacion and keep it clean, then in a year getting a CDL.

If either a CDL Classs A or B would give me a opportunity to work for the MTA, and if my benefits already accomulated in NYDOE wouldn't an issue to switch over?

I hope your honest answer would give an input.

Thanks...

Edited by Matisconciente

From what I have seen the mta is always hiring bus drivers. If you like driving then go for it.

I went for the electrical helper test. It comes out almost every year. You need experience or to graduate from a 600hr course in trade school to apply.

I also recall seeing and auto helper or something simillar, and once again if you dont have experience you can qualify for the test with trade school.

Besides that I do not know any "easy" way to get in the mta.