Admission card for exam # 8094

Y2Julio

Hey All!! I have my test tonight at 7pm in sheapshead Bay HS In Brooklyn! My girls gonna drop me off and pick me up so it shouldnt be to bad.. Im assuming like someone said before its just common sense! Do we have to bring pencils? it doesnt say anything!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got home from taking the 9AM exam at FDR HS. Man, so many people lack any reading skills. A bunch of people in my classroom were asking for pencils. I was like, it's on the damn paper you got in the mail! Oh and some guy even took the Conductor Passbook, I was like, wtf??

^^^About how long did it take you to complete the test?^^^

It took me about an hour. I was the 3rd person to finish it in the room I was in.

so it was all common sense right? any advice?
Yeah pretty much. As long as you know how to read the subway map and know your military time, you should be good.

Just took the test at 9am in Ridgewood and I have to say it was a joke. If I got any wrong I'd be shocked! I was the first one done in an hour and my scratch sheet never got used. In my classroom I had someone with the Conductor Passbook(useless), someone who asked what a "bakalarete" degree was and the dude infront of me decided to answer on his scantron straight across instead of down. There were ALOT of people there though.

It should be easy for anyone in this forum. For most people, it might stump them.

Ha. I was on the subway before and a woman asked a conductor what kind of questions were on it. She was under the impression it had actual train questions on it.

Hey All!! I have my test tonight at 7pm in sheapshead Bay HS In Brooklyn! My girls gonna drop me off and pick me up so it shouldnt be to bad.. Im assuming like someone said before its just common sense! Do we have to bring pencils? it doesnt say anything!

Your name sounds familiar,your "meemsone" on city-data dsny thread right? I believe you have a low list number(2,000's). The only transit exam that I took was the bus operator one back in April......still waiting for my score/list number. I am pretty sure my list # will be a lot lower than with DSNY(mid 5,000's)I also am working a bootleg job,lol. Good luck on the conductors exam. Hopefully it won't be snowing by the time you get out.

It took me about an hour. I was the 3rd person to finish it in the room I was in.

Yeah pretty much. As long as you know how to read the subway map and know your military time, you should be good.

Yeah it was pretty basic. You just have to pay attention, READ the question, and use common sense on the "courtesy" questions. And don't overthink or read into things, that will get you in trouble. I was the 2nd or 3rd done in my room, in about an hour and I really took my time, I went over everything twice and took my time answering each question.

That was a pretty easy test... however, I suck at directions as I'm not a native, so I probably got a few wrong in the "where is this" section.

PS, Y2Julio, I though it'd be best if the councilor signaled the conductor when everyone is off.

Yeah, That's the one I picked but the other one about making a PA announcement didn't sound bad either since they were asking what would be the easiest thing to do.

Well on the Candidate's Record of Answers sheet it says they will have the answer key beginning on the 5th Monday after the test which would be in January, so If you wrote down your answers you can get a gist of how well you did before you get the official results and list number in the mail.

Archived