Admission card for exam # 8094

Y2Julio

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was a hung up on the question also about the man running and falling down but on the paragraph it states that report must be made if there is damage to mta property or bodily harm, so i put down ask if the guy is ok and and he answerd yes he is, let it go. hopefully that was the right choice.:)

anyone remember the question with a foggy Afternoon in a outdoor track. to signal slow down and prepare to stop? i was going to choose yellow light OR yellow flag, but since it said foggy, i chose white light AND yellow flag. Cause they said you need both light and flag if visibilty is low

Also the question when a man approach you asking if there be a 4:30AM Monday A train at Dyckman street. was the answer "Take the Broadway shuttle bus to 168 St then transfer for A" or Wait to 5AM and take the A at Dyckman st??

Man, that exam was easy as pie! I did get stumped on a few questions, but I pulled through and hopefully put the right answer.

The only question that I wasn't sure how to answer was the one about what to do if you see a group of a bunch of kids with camp counselors to make sure no kid was left behind.
I put the answer that the counselor would wave to the C/R that everyone was off.

Goodluck to you all, i took the test a 2pm at FDR HS, i also choose that councilor signal the conductor answer for that question. The 1 question that really confused me was one about cleanliness and hazard i think, said which choice is most important to report, spilled coffee on seat, vomit on seat, gum on seat or food on seat?

I was leaning toward coffee or vomit but choose vomit.

I chose vomit because lord knows what the person had.

Yeah you never know maybe I'll work with a few of you guys when they call you. That would be cool!:cool: I'll just have to break you guys in like I did many new C/R's ahead of you.
LOL! Oh noes, I look forward NOT to work with you.

J/k! :) It would be cool to learn from you.

Agree with all of you... the test was very easy. I was all set for the Subway questions WITHOUT a map -- I was kind of disappointed when I saw one!

I had about four or five questions that I had to stop and really think about. The one that may have thrown me, was one about filling out "incident" reports... a man running for the train falls down, gets up, and continues going. I chose, ask the man if he is okay, if he says he's fine, continue on. I get the feeling, that's not what the (MTA) wants me to say.

I put if the guy is ok, I'll let it go. I had that feeling too that the MTA might want me to report it, but oh well. Control might start answering, "what do you want now?" ;-)

Yep i hope so as well lol.

I believe i got like 2-4 questions wrong, 1 dealing with path trains to jersey i believe and i put down penn station as the answer although not sure and other was info bout westchester service and i put down all path stations?, i had no clue bout metro north like where it went before today :( lmao.

I wonder what my list # will be, hopefully under 1000, i had taken the track worker exam 2 years ago and got 1 question wrong and was list #76 i think and got called up within a year.

Ha, you definately got a few wrong. The answer for the question where can you take PATH trains is 34th Street/Herald Square. The one about train service to Westchester County is Grand Central because Metro-North is the one that provides train service to Westchester County because Westchester is New York! PATH only serves Hudson and Essex counties in New Jersey!

What about the question regarding the passenger with the hearing disability? I chose to speak in a normal, but slower voice.
I put to speak louder because if you don't know sign language, how can you tell the person that. :D

Also the question when a man approach you asking if there be a 4:30AM Monday A train at Dyckman street. was the answer "Take the Broadway shuttle bus to 168 St then transfer for A" or Wait to 5AM and take the A at Dyckman st??
I put to take the shuttle bus to 168th Street and wait for the (A) there. Who knows if he is able to catch the train ahead of him if he waits til 5 something.

White light = proceed. You need to tell the T/O to slow down and prepare to stop.

Yup I put yellow or yellow because white was proceed. Not sure if that was right, that was the one question I wasn't really comfortable with.

As for the question about the service change, suppose the guy had to be to work at 5am? That's why I chose the one to give him directions to take the shuttle bus to get train service. Telling him simply to wait may not be an option for him if he has somewhere to be that he can't wait that long.

i was a hung up on the question also about the man running and falling down but on the paragraph it states that report must be made if there is damage to mta property or bodily harm, so i put down ask if the guy is ok and and he answerd yes he is, let it go. hopefully that was the right choice.:)

The question asked what the FIRST thing to do would be, and that would be making sure the man was OK, so I put that. Control wouldn't need to be contacted since it wasn't serious. However, according to the rule, it sounded like an incident report would still have to be written, but that can be done after asking the man if he's OK. It'd be kinda heartless to ignore the guy that fell, whip out a G2, and start writing...

The test proctor at SBHS told us that they hadn't received the test booklets from the city in time. He also said that every session they had, which was 3, had problems and of course the 3rd session being the biggest group and the most disorganized. He was sleeping at the desk when we got there..lol. I can't believe people though...when the DCAS guy told certain rows to get up and get seat cards and people from everywhere just got up and went up. I felt like I was back in high school.

The question asked what the FIRST thing to do would be, and that would be making sure the man was OK, so I put that. Control wouldn't need to be contacted since it wasn't serious. However, according to the rule, it sounded like an incident report would still have to be written, but that can be done after asking the man if he's OK. It'd be kinda heartless to ignore the guy that fell, whip out a G2, and start writing...

The Rail Control Center must always be notified if your told or witness any incident on Systerm Property. Then the employee is govern by Rail Control Centers orders. The reason is the person may decided later on he/she is injured and file a claim. Everything got to be on record.

Also forgot to put the other quote but if its a froggy afternoon on outside track BOTH Yellow Lights and flags must be displayed.

Also forgot to put the other quote but if its a froggy afternoon on outside track BOTH Yellow Lights and flags must be displayed.

Yeah the only option close to that on the exam was "Yellow light or yellow flag" as one option.

Archived