Admission card for exam # 8094

Y2Julio

The question asked what the FIRST thing to do would be, and that would be making sure the man was OK, so I put that. Control wouldn't need to be contacted since it wasn't serious. However, according to the rule, it sounded like an incident report would still have to be written, but that can be done after asking the man if he's OK. It'd be kinda heartless to ignore the guy that fell, whip out a G2, and start writing...

I would pick Yellow Lights because the T/O could miss the flags.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wirelessly posted (Treo800w/v0100 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE, PPC; 320x320) (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11))

The question specifically said that in low light conditions such as fog. Flags AND lights must be used. Since the question presented a scenario involving a yellow light the only optionable answer was a white flag and yellow light= proceed & prepare to stop. That was what I chose since using a yellow flag and green light didn't make operational sense with track workers on the track. From a T/O perspective, does my answer make sense.

Yeah the closest options were

-yellow flag OR yellow light

or

-yellow flag AND white light

i thought the way it was worded was confusing, b/c had it been write in I would have put "yellow flag and yellow light" but that wasn't a choice

Wirelessly posted (Treo800w/v0100 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE, PPC; 320x320) (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11))

Thanks. The test was very easy except for the question on having liquids in the cab, but other than that I think I did pretty good. Now I will just wait for the answer key to come out next month.

for the question if i guy runs and falls and you ask him if he's ok and he answers yea he's fine, i put down dont write anything down, i feel this is correct cause there was no damage to property or injuries. I hope that was correct, i'm trying to aim for 100% and when i check my answers i'll never know if i got that one correct or not.

I wish I could get a better picture of this question it sounds like its one that could be protested. It may be Yellow Flag and White Light. Does anyone remember what all four Answers where?

Don't remember all four I believe one of the others may have been yellow flag green light, not sure if it was and or or.

If the question does get protested succesfully what happens? Does it just get dropped entirely or does it get graded as correct for everyone who took the test?

Going by my test taking experance they normally exept the 2 closest answers but not sure what other things they do. We have a few Question on the Train Service Supervisors Exam guy are protesting. I'm not protesting anything because I don't really want the job I just took it for the hell of it.

I think My answer key comes out next Monday.

I wish I could get a better picture of this question it sounds like its one that could be protested. It may be Yellow Flag and White Light. Does anyone remember what all four Answers where?

Yellow Flag or Yellow Light; White Flag & Yellow Light; Green Flag & Red Light; those are the 3 that I can remember. The paragraph specifically stated that a FLAG AND LIGHT MUST BE USED. So only 2 of the 4 questions applied.

Yellow Flag or Yellow Light; White Flag & Yellow Light; Green Flag & Red Light; those are the 3 that I can remember. The paragraph specifically stated that a FLAG AND LIGHT MUST BE USED. So only 2 of the 4 answers applied.

Going by my test taking experance they normally exept the 2 closest answers but not sure what other things they do. We have a few Question on the Train Service Supervisors Exam guy are protesting. I'm not protesting anything because I don't really want the job I just took it for the hell of it.

I think My answer key comes out next Monday.

Do you have to protest to get credit for the question, or if others successfully protest and they take two answers do they automatically do it for everyone?

but does the answer key have the questions with the answers or just 1-a 2-c like that?

From previous answer keys that I have seen on other exams, its just the answer and the question #.

Yellow Flag or Yellow Light; White Flag & Yellow Light; Green Flag & Red Light; those are the 3 that I can remember. The paragraph specifically stated that a FLAG AND LIGHT MUST BE USED. So only 2 of the 4 questions applied.

However remember it also said "Yellow = slow down to 10mph and be prepared to stop" and "White = Proceed" and asked which to use if you wanted to warn T/O's to "slow down in a work area" so you could probably argue against yellow and white by saying the white was telling the T/O to proceed.

That is a good protest on that question, I had a similar view of another question involving liquids in the cab other than bottles with caps (water, soda & etc.). The question involved a cup of coffee with a lid that is half drank.

That is a good protest on that question, I had a similar view of another question involving liquids in the cab other than bottles with caps (water, soda & etc.). The question involved a cup of coffee with a lid that is half drank.

I believe that one couldnt have been the covered coffee because it said something about only closed bottles could be allowed and also the fact that the person left it on the control panel which wasnt allowed

However remember it also said "Yellow = slow down to 10mph and be prepared to stop" and "White = Proceed" and asked which to use if you wanted to warn T/O's to "slow down in a work area" so you could probably argue against yellow and white by saying the white was telling the T/O to proceed.

At the time I answered this question, I didn't think it made sense to have white for that reason. I guess the ideal answer would have been yellow flag and yellow light, and although that wasn't what it said (obviously it said yellow or yellow), that's how I interpreted it at the time. If it was intended to be a curve ball, they got me with it. But I think it does deserve a protest if that is the case.

I believe one of the choices was that he should have kept the lid on, although even a coffee cup with a lid is not secure and will easily open up and spill if dropped. Bottled water and soft drink containers (as the paragraph mentioned) are a different story, and I'm almost positive that the answer was not to have placed the open coffee cup on the controls.

another on the test

12-1

12-2

12-3

12-4 flood

12-5 fire

12-6 police assistence

12-7

12-8 stalled train

12-9 unautharized personal

12-10 disorderly person

i think those are the pa code on the walkie talkie between ta officals

12-1- clear the air

2-fire

3-flood

5-stalled train

6-derailment

7-need assistance

8-armed passenger

9-person under train

10-unauthorized on tracks or catwalk

11-serious vandalism

These are almost NEVER actually used.

12-1- clear the air

2-fire

3-flood

5-stalled train

6-derailment

7-need assistance

8-armed passenger

9-person under train

11-serious vandalism

I always meant to ask regarding the 12 code (which I'd known about before the test) - how come there is no 12-4?

12-1- clear the air

2-fire

3-flood

5-stalled train

6-derailment

7-need assistance

8-armed passenger

9-person under train

11-serious vandalism

So those foolish railfans whom tried to steal the car number plate and rollsign did a 12-11 huh:rolleyes:

Archived