Do they paint the Roofs of the R42's???

R421969

Well, dude... Just deal with it... Minor accident hello?

Typically if there is a fire in the subway it is caused by a track condition (debris etc.) the roof would be an odd place for a fire to start. If any fire was caused by a track condition like debris, then you'd see scorching on other parts of the car than just the roof.

So as a general rule, it's rust.

I mean I love m R42's...only cause Of the area im from...woodhaven, queens. The R160's are cool but the R42 has a place with me cause there memories with those trains...and im sure ill have some with the R160 so yeah its alot less superficial then what it appears the people here are nyctransitforums can come here and all share and vibe out with eachother on the subway...even those that are from the bronx can still appreciate BMT cars/lines.stations w/e it is...

...as so those that live in the rockaways can " like/ love " the (7) train. So yeah...its about appreciation and love for the subway. We take the dam thing everyday...so i figure we should atleast know a lil bit bout it.

Cigarette/coffee thrown on roof or rust!

Why would people throw things upward??? I mean, why? Given the speed of the train, the cigarettes will fall ANYWAYS from the roof. So that can't be a good reason.

IT'S JUST RUST!

Dude, he's right. Why would anyone throw anything on the roof? I mean, the trackbed is there... :P Nah, seriously, coffee cups go in the garbage, not the train roof.

IT'S JUST RUST!!

Well, R421969... I get yur feeling... I remeber the R32 on the (E) since when I am a little 3 year old... A decade and a third of enjoyment... Now if it can make two decades, I'll jump up with joy!

Well those R32s seem like good enough condition 2 me 2 make it there...I hope ull make it!

And that lady is total crapness, I'd scold her if I see her!!! I can tell she is an old lady!!!

I don't care about who she is, her brain is probably the size of a token for demanding things like that. The MTA cannot pull all of those trains out and replace them with newer models in a snap.

To me, all trains are fine as long as we don't put our lives in danger while riding the train. As long as the roof doesn't collapse or that the door slides open during the tunnel, I haven't a problem with any class of cars.

I do not pick on senior citizens or any age/ethnic group. She is a lady. That is fact. Let's not go further than that. (No sexism intended, btw. I hope our fellow female members here aren't offended.)

Oh, okay... Whatever about lady or men but that person has a size of token with a touch of craziness... And I feel the R-32 isn't anyhow dangerous! LOLz, it is made by an once popular rail-car company!

As long as the roof doesn't collapse or the lights don't go out in the middle of the tunnel without a good reason or they break down a regular basis, I'm fine with them.

Archived