Future of the R160 Post-Doomsday

Lefferts Blvd X

Sources: Line alignment and yard assignment...

So: Due to the fact that they tested new trains on the (A) and (E)... And I saw 3 R-160's in Jamaica Yard that say (E) on the top...

Apparently there is talk here that R-160s could go to the (E) first, but in fact (F) crews have been getting qualified on them. They have also been seen testing on (F) for awhile now as well as the (:D, so you can't claim where they're going based on that. You especially can't go by what a train is signed up for in a yard, its meaningless. I'm just waiting for someone to say that R-32s are going to the (6) since the flip-dot of the museum set was signed for it.

AFAIK, Jamaica will get R-160s before Pitkin.

Huh? They wouldn't move the R-46 to the (A) & (C) line. As currently I feel the 8th Ave. line will get the R-160's, not the 6th Ave and (R) and (G) trains. There is not a possibility that they will move all the R-46 to (A) & (C) line. This will be a havoc.

And Dave, I'll always keep that in mind... :D...

Well the R160 are going to the (E)/(F)/®/(V) soon and it will displace the R46 from those lines and these displaced R46 will move to the (A)/© lines.

Your way off. Where do you get your info??

*Source?

**So?

***Source?

Some R46 will be dsipalce from the (E)/(F)/(G)/®/(V) and those line will become R160 but there will be some R46 there still on thise lines but the other R46 will move to the (A)/©/lines. Somebody told me about it.

Well there will be some R46 at the Jamica Yard but some R46 will move to the (A)/© after R160 displace from the (E)/(F)/and R68/R68A from the (G).

How told you that the R-46's are going the (A) and (C) lines? The ®'s are are not getting any R-160's anytime soon. Who is telling you this info?

thesubwaynut

He's even not working for (MTA).....your reliable source is another railfan. You need to get your info from a person whom is an actual B/O, C/R, T/O or Yard worker, not another railfan b/c ppl make false info and they don't know they are talking about half the time!

He's even not working for (MTA).....your reliable source is another railfan. You need to get your info from a person whom is an actual B/O, C/R, T/O or Yard worker, not another railfan b/c ppl make false info and they don't know they are talking about half the time!

Well I siad that lets find out what happends anyways in the future. I know thesubwaynut does not work for the (MTA) but thesubwaynut doesn't know everything what's going to happen in the future. We all will find out anyways.

Well I siad that lets find out what happends anyways in the future. I know thesubwaynut does not work for the (MTA) but thesubwaynut doesn't know everything what's going to happen in the future. We all will find out anyways.

Right now no decision has been made about what is going to the (A)(C) Lines. I also am told by QNS Supervision they are not giving up any R46's. If the (G) changes districts in some proposed plan from being part of QNS to the South then they will get R68's but thats only talk right now.

Right now no decision has been made about what is going to the (A)(C) Lines. I also am told by QNS Supervision they are not giving up any R46's. If the (G) changes districts in some proposed plan from being part of QNS to the South then they will get R68's but thats only talk right now.

Well lets find out what happen anywas because not all TA employees tell the truth.

No truth can be 'a truth right now'... But I would consider whatever a MTA Employee would say, is the 'temporary truth'...

I rather believe a (MTA) worker whether its a B/O, C/R, T/O or Yard worker.....whom have more knowledge than hearsay from another "railfan" whom continue give false info

I rather believe a (MTA) worker whether its a B/O, C/R, T/O or Yard worker.....whom have more knowledge than hearsay from another "railfan" whom continue give false info

Amen.

Best is, to believe it with your two eyes. I will not trust anyone about the R160 running in service on the F until I actual see the train myself or evidence that there is such thing.

Amen to that. I've been reading these forums for a while and some of this misinformation is painfully funny, I'm an old IRT T/O and some of the equipment posts are pure conjecture. My barn chiefs and the General and Line supers come to me and laugh at some of these posts about new cars and equipment assignments. Best to remain silent...... and all that.

Archived