Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
via White Plains Road

Fulton Street Line!

MTA New York City Transit

Service Alert

Posted on:11/20/2008 6:44:24 PM

In addition, due to switch problems at the Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets Station, there is no service on the Inwood-bound (A) and 168th Street-bound trains from the Broadway Junction Station to the Jay Street-Borough Hall Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (A) and (C) trains at this time.

This was my worst...commute...ever. So I was on the A train that was stopped right before entering hoyt. So it took 20-30 minutes before ANYONE got on the PA system to explain what was going on. We had a C train right next to us too. So after about 35 minutes of sitting there, they moved the C train back to Lafayette St. After about 5 minutes after they moved the C train, they moved the A train back to Nostrand Avenue. Man, who ever was the T/O moving it back sucked. Would accelerate, then stop, accelerate, then stop. It was so annoying. So once at Nostrand Avenue they notify us that there is a C train below that will stop at Franklin Avenue so that we can transfer to the Shuttle. So you had tourists blocking the doors like morons. Finally after 10 minutes the C train goes to Franklin Avenue, and I transfer to the Shuttle and I take it to the last stop to grab the Q or the B. So long story short, it took me more than 2 hours to get home. Ugh.