Fulton Street Line!

MTA New York City Transit

Service Alert

Posted on:11/20/2008 6:44:24 PM

In addition, due to switch problems at the Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets Station, there is no service on the Inwood-bound (A) and 168th Street-bound trains from the Broadway Junction Station to the Jay Street-Borough Hall Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (A) and (C) trains at this time.

This was my worst...commute...ever. So I was on the A train that was stopped right before entering hoyt. So it took 20-30 minutes before ANYONE got on the PA system to explain what was going on. We had a C train right next to us too. So after about 35 minutes of sitting there, they moved the C train back to Lafayette St. After about 5 minutes after they moved the C train, they moved the A train back to Nostrand Avenue. Man, who ever was the T/O moving it back sucked. Would accelerate, then stop, accelerate, then stop. It was so annoying. So once at Nostrand Avenue they notify us that there is a C train below that will stop at Franklin Avenue so that we can transfer to the Shuttle. So you had tourists blocking the doors like morons. Finally after 10 minutes the C train goes to Franklin Avenue, and I transfer to the Shuttle and I take it to the last stop to grab the Q or the B. So long story short, it took me more than 2 hours to get home. Ugh.

Archived