New Haven line question

nightsky

boring but necessary question:

I am going to start taking the Metro-north to New Haven, but have no idea what transportation is around at the station.

Do taxis hang out there? Is there a bus? Can I take a bike on the train and ride to my office 2 miles away? Is the area even safe to walk in? A couple locals warned me that the station is not safe but said they have not been there.

On both Metro-North and Long Island Railroad, you need to apply for $5 bike permit, however not allowed on PEAK trains.

Transportation by New Haven Line

Greater Bridgeport Transportation Authority

Housatonic Area Regional Transit

Westchester County Bee-Line Bus

Milford Transit

Norwhalk Wheels

DATCCO

Collins Bus Service

Peter Pan/Arrows Service

Greyhound Bus

Connecting Train

Shore Line East

New London is served only by AMTRAK and only Shore Line East Monthly Uniticket Holders only.

boring but necessary question:

I am going to start taking the Metro-north to New Haven, but have no idea what transportation is around at the station.

Do taxis hang out there? Is there a bus? Can I take a bike on the train and ride to my office 2 miles away? Is the area even safe to walk in? A couple locals warned me that the station is not safe but said they have not been there.

Hi Nightsky, as was pointed out, you need a permit to bring a bike onboard a MN train. Other than that, there is a steady stream of taxis at the station that can bring you to downtown NH. It's about a 10 or 15 minute walk to downtown from there; like anyplace else, NH is fairly safe other than the questionable wee hours of the day. It would be a 5 minute bike ride between the station and downtown.

Here's a link to the bus system: CTTransit Routes in New Haven

Good luck with your commute; New Haven is a cool little city where I go when I need a nearby tall building fix lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived