This is some BULL on the NJCL!

Pablo M 201

This sucks yo, the Bay Head trains are every two hours now on weekends! What the hell man!

I noticed that a few days ago when I decided to plan out a trip to head down as far as Asbury Park and had to ditch until I can figure out my return perfectly.

The schedule for the NJCL as of October 26 just sucks!

I think what it is, is that beach-goers are not a concern anymore. I will contact my... contact who works at njt in newark if i can catch the same train as him asap see what he has to say bout it. It likely also has to do with fuel costs aside from rider numbers.

- A

all of electrified territory on the NJCL is busy...all the stations except Avenel and maybe Hazlet see over 1000 boardings a day down to Long Branch

My gripe with the NJCL is how certain (if not all) the trains that are express to Woodbridge skip perth amboy...and then make all stops from South Amboy to Long Branch...Perth Amboy sees just about the same amount of riders as South Amboy and Woodbridge, I don't think its fair that its only served by local trains...especially when the express is making a stop prior and all stops after

When (NJT) took over operations of this line from its predecessor railroad, it was seeing 3x the number of trains we have today. I think the fact that long branch is where it is causes problems for schedulers in that they have to balance out the runs made by electric locos, EMU, and diesel locos since they all stop at different points on the line. By january i hope they have a revised schedule to fix service gaps!

- A

all of electrified territory on the NJCL is busy...all the stations except Avenel and maybe Hazlet see over 1000 boardings a day down to Long Branch

My gripe with the NJCL is how certain (if not all) the trains that are express to Woodbridge skip perth amboy...and then make all stops from South Amboy to Long Branch...Perth Amboy sees just about the same amount of riders as South Amboy and Woodbridge, I don't think its fair that its only served by local trains...especially when the express is making a stop prior and all stops after

That I believe is a practice that goes back to the CNJ/PC/NY&LB.

And in my personal opinion as far as service below Long Branch is concerned there is just not enough ridership on weekends during the winter to bother with trains every hour. In fact most of the Long Branch-Bay Head shuttle trains that have 6 cars normally only have 3 open during the journey.

Eric

That I believe is a practice that goes back to the CNJ/PC/NY&LB.

And in my personal opinion as far as service below Long Branch is concerned there is just not enough ridership on weekends during the winter to bother with trains every hour. In fact most of the Long Branch-Bay Head shuttle trains that have 6 cars normally only have 3 open during the journey.

Eric

Correct. I believe they used RDC at one point I am not brushed up on my history right now so i could be totally wrong.

If they electrified to bay head they could run 2-3 car EMU shuttles.

- A

Correct. I believe they used RDC at one point I am not brushed up on my history right now so i could be totally wrong.

If they electrified to bay head they could run 2-3 car EMU shuttles.

- A

They could but NJ Transit will not bother to electrify the NJCL just to send a 2 to 3 car 25kv Arrow III MU set down the coast line. Not worth it.

Eric

They could but NJ Transit will not bother to electrify the NJCL just to send a 2 to 3 car 25kv Arrow III MU set down the coast line. Not worth it.

Eric

Well i mean on weekends. Weekdays run full length trains.

- A

Archived