LED R142a display

florpglrop

hi, so I have posted here before about my interest in the mosaic display and I have shared some 3d models in the past. I just wanted to share an update to share my progress and ask for any feedback.

I have been trying to design my own version of the r142a destination and route tile. I have started with modelling an led shroud and the PCB for addressable LEDs.

https://imgur.com/a/yWxRTHr

I haven't yet ordered the 3d print or the PCB from jlcpcb. just wondering if I could get some feedback on if I made any mistakes so far. I havent begun programming this yet, which I know will be a nightmare because 1. I don't have proper images to go off of for what all the letters look like 2. its an 88 segment display so I need to determine the state of all the segments for every digit.

I have designed this prototype to be 100 by 200mm, its kind of arbitrary, I should have put more thought into it but I just wanted to get started on a first prototype to see how things would look.

Z9TACJN.jpg1tGtdR4.jpg

Edited by florpglrop
need to include dimensions