R142 for the 7

mark1447

the bombardier R142 failed on the (7)<7> because the leg of the truck of the R142 would not reach the 3rd rail.the R142A/S however,did succeed. but im sure they might fix up some R142 bombardier's.still its a good idea to add some R142/A's and R188's mix.finally the (7)<7> line could reach up to 2 cars again !

You don't care. I do care. It matters to me. When I want to get somewhere as quickly as possible I want the express, and if I can't tell which is which there's a problem.

you also said, no more express service in bronx, with limited <7> service if im correct :D

you also said, no more express service in bronx, with limited <7> service if im correct :D

1. Hypothetical situation for worst case scenario.

2. Do you really think I want to get rid of any service or reduce besides the (V)?

3. I only said that for the (4) skipping 138 and the (5). The <6> remained in my plan, and if needed I guess the <5> can stay, but it will go to Dyre instead of Nereid. There was nothing about limited <7> service; that was Kexpress's plan.

4. What does that have to do with me telling apart the express from the local? I'll wait if there's limited service.

You don't care. I do care. It matters to me. When I want to get somewhere as quickly as possible I want the express, and if I can't tell which is which there's a problem.

Just imagine riding the older R1-9 cars with no Public address systems. You had to READ the signs or marker lights to tell routes or local express runs. Don't they teach reading in schools anymore? It used to be fundamental. There are still a great many New Yorkers who have trouble reading but they manage to get from point A to point B with no problems. Including the (4),<4>,(5),<5>,(6),<6>, and(7),<7>.

They not going to look like the R-142's...if they were then it won't be no point of making the R-188's!

The point of the designation "R-188" like other R-types has to do with the contract and not the design element. I guess we don't know what they will look like, but I couldn't imagine them being drastically different since they're going to be added on to existing sets of R-142As, unless they're going to have one odd-ball car in each train.

Just imagine riding the older R1-9 cars with no Public address systems. You had to READ the signs or marker lights to tell routes or local express runs. Don't they teach reading in schools anymore? It used to be fundamental. There are still a great many New Yorkers who have trouble reading but they manage to get from point A to point B with no problems. Including the (4),<4>,(5),<5>,(6),<6>, and(7),<7>.

:eek: Insulting my reading ability, eh? Pretty low, especially since I've already made myself clear on this point. :mad:

To reiterate:

All I'm saying is, it would virtually eliminate the chance of an express train showing up at a station with a local sign (WHICH HAS HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. TELL ME HOW READING CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT!) or vice versa if we had the R188s. Basically I don't trust the roll signs on the R62As completely, and the PA system can't be heard outside the car, so I can't be sure unless I stick my head inside the car, which is problematic when there are 10 people behind you either doing the same thing or pushing past you to get on the train.

On lines like the (4) and (5) this is not a problem because there is only one bullet for the route. But people get lazy changing roll signs.

1. Hypothetical situation for worst case scenario.

2. Do you really think I want to get rid of any service or reduce besides the (V)?

3. I only said that for the (4) skipping 138 and the (5). The <6> remained in my plan, and if needed I guess the <5> can stay, but it will go to Dyre instead of Nereid. There was nothing about limited <7> service; that was Kexpress's plan.

4. What does that have to do with me telling apart the express from the local? I'll wait if there's limited service.

SO Im a (5) train rider, and I live Near the (2) and (5) why cant we have an express, while u guys in queens get everything, now thats not being fair completely

SO Im a (5) train rider, and I live Near the (2) and (5) why cant we have an express, while u guys in queens get everything, now thats not being fair completely

Hmmmm your wrong.....we don't get anything.....we're going to lose the (W) next Summer and the (Z) as well. You get to keep your <5> express to Nereid Avenue-238th Street and Eastchester-Dyre Avenue....so nice try

You didn't read my post completely. I said that 1. its a hypothetical situation and 2. the <5> can stay. So you can keep your precious <5> (which isn't even designated with a diamond, since it goes express in one direction in the Bronx all the time instead of express AND local in one direction) for all I care.

And how do we get everything? If anything, Manhattan gets everything.

EDIT: CurAke's right. We're losing two lines. You don't lose anything.

:eek: Insulting my reading ability, eh? Pretty low, especially since I've already made myself clear on this point. :mad:

To reiterate:

All I'm saying is, it would virtually eliminate the chance of an express train showing up at a station with a local sign (WHICH HAS HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. TELL ME HOW READING CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT!) or vice versa if we had the R188s. Basically I don't trust the roll signs on the R62As completely, and the PA system can't be heard outside the car, so I can't be sure unless I stick my head inside the car, which is problematic when there are 10 people behind you either doing the same thing or pushing past you to get on the train.

On lines like the (4) and (5) this is not a problem because there is only one bullet for the route. But people get lazy changing roll signs.

I've made local stops operating the (5) or <5> express in the Bronx with white, green, redbird, 62A's, and NTT and have never had a problem with a passenger like yours. Rule of thumb is you board whatever train stops at your stop and continue toward your destination, express or local. For instance there have been many times when the (6),<6>, local beats my (5) from Brooklyn Bridge to Grand Central or even to 125th St. I'm sure this happens on the(7),<7> line too. The only difference between local and expresses on the IRT is that the express makes fewer stops. It is not guaranteed to get you there much faster. Perhaps someone who works the (7) on a regular basis could elaborate. In actual road service the rail control center or local dispatcher dictates whether you make local stops or not so use the signs as a general guideline. With the short dwell time on the (7),<7> there probably isn't enough time to change all of the roll signs at the terminal. It's a pain to re-program the NTT enroute too. So even if we're told to make local stops we generally don't re-program the display unless we have the time. Manual announcements are made instead and the train keeps on moving.

You didn't read my post completely. I said that 1. its a hypothetical situation and 2. the <5> can stay. So you can keep your precious <5> (which isn't even designated with a diamond, since it goes express in one direction in the Bronx all the time instead of express AND local in one direction) for all I care.

And how do we get everything? If anything, Manhattan gets everything.

EDIT: CurAke's right. We're losing two lines. You don't lose anything.

Man do u need at attitude? Have you ever been to the bronx, before making statements that rapid, geez take a chill pill man. Most likly Mannatan, Queens and Brooklyn get everything, especially Queens and Brooklyn as the NYCTA focuses more.

Bronx and SI hardly get any attention, you can see how many stations in these borough need rehab and the (MTA) doesnt do bull sh*t.

Like almost all of the (6), (5) Dyre branch isnt in gd shape. The Concourse (D) and (:) doesnt get anything well, (MTA made a prommise to rehab these lines and ether they didn't fix it up on time or they dropped the idea...

We also lost the (9), even tho thats 2005

@Cirtus: I dont really care about the White Plains Rd (5) to 238th, seems more of a waste of time going one way like (Z), the (MTA) Could cut that line off , but I dunno how would this be a problem to the (5) using the 239th Street yd

He does have a point I ride the Nassau st line everyday and without the Z its gonna b all so slow...but then again arent the (4)(5)(6) like mad packed? Even though ill lose the Z it will always be good 2 get a seat.

Thats why we need that SAS to be accomplished, if the (MTA) keeps delaying it this would mean we will never see these line, at least to 96th Street should cover.

And wouldnt extending the (Q) to Astoria would cost money too?

yeah i guess I mean that would be a sure thing...

wasnt the original goal of the SAS to ease crowding on the lexington avenue line?

that's the plan, but i doubt it will help that much

and anyway, they should keep the (Z) cuz the (J) gets hella crowded during rush hours

Archived