R142 for the 7

mark1447

For instance there have been many times when the (6),<6>, local beats my (5) from Brooklyn Bridge to Grand Central or even to 125th St. I'm sure this happens on the(7),<7> line too.

It usually doesn't. Every express train I've been on has passed one or two locals (on the <7> that is) unless it's been delayed.

@Mark: Queens and Brooklyn get everything? Take a look at the (G)... stations are horrible, service worse than before, and always cut back to Court Square instead of going the whole line. If that's not ignorance I don't know what is.

Why don't we just drop the argument completely? It was a hypothetical situation, not one that I actually intended to take effect. Do we have an understanding here?

I think we should all go back on topic, m post was originally about the R142 fro the (7)

Not the issue with the MTA bs funds.. As every topic is made thats NOT about that, turns to it.

Lets stop and see how the MTA handles it, MTA aint on this site, nor owns nor affiliates with this website, just some of the employees, which I dont think they can help bring these ideas to life, only the Top people of the MTA, CEOs, the board, government and so on...

Anyways, idc what drops or not as long as we got a way to get around NY im ok...

@7linefan=BTW i can also see the brighton line needs improvements too, and seabeach, 8th aves too

R188 isn't a permanent deal yet... R179 is like nearly permanent... Don't worry, the R142 wouldn't go on the (7)<7>... It is not set of the (7)<7> line...

I would not go that far as to proclaim that the 179 is nearly permanent. It is nearly permanent when the MTA finds a builder for the cars. It is permanent when the MTA hands the dough over and the cars are built and delivered. So, to be frank, none of them is permanent. They are still on the drawing board, they are still deciding whether they should have 4 doors or 5. What kind of seats they would have...

When the 7 gets CBTC, the R188 would be used to operate on it, to take advantage of the CBTC capability. However since both the CBTC and the R188 are in planning stages, we can't determine exactly what the future is like for the 7.

I could always swerve you back in. :P

Back to topic:

Anyone got an idea when the TA is going to implement CBTC on the 7?

MTR, you'll never...

And I never know when the MTA will get the CTBC on the (7)... At least for now...

He did. B)

And not soon. Most definitely not soon. Although I would appreciate the hypothetical increased service, AFTER they hypothetically fix all the bugs when they hypothetically install the CTBC system.

He did. :P

And not soon. Most definitely not soon. Although I would appreciate the hypothetical increased service, AFTER they hypothetically fix all the bugs when they hypothetically install the CTBC system.

And on CBTC and the (7), I believe they should start on the express track first, before moving it onto other sections. I mean, duh, it means shutting down the express track for months (like last time), but when its all ready and (hopefully no glitches), they could work on the other tracks, shutting those down, and sending the trains down the CBTC upgraded track.

Archived