NJ Transit introduces Transit Shoppe!

trainfan22

Just who exactly is this marketed too? Only transit buffs are the only people I can see wearing a NJT themed polo. I don't think there are enough transit fans in NJ for this to be an success lol.

Even in NYC, I only see railfans wearing those subway bullet tees, never regular commuters. I had an subway map T shirt and wore it to my high school and nobody clowned me to my surprise :lol:

This will flop even with fans, it might have an chance with buffs if the merchandise had NJT iconic equipment like the Geeps, Arrows or Flxible Metro buses.

Edited by trainfan22

10 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Just who exactly is this marketed too? Only transit buffs are the only people I can see wearing a NJT themed polo. I don't think there are enough transit fans in NJ for this to be an success lol.

Even in NYC, I only see railfans wearing those subway bullet tees, never regular commuters. I had an subway map T shirt and wore it to my high school and nobody clowned me to my surprise :lol:

This will flop even with fans, it might have an chance with buffs if the merchandise had NJT iconic equipment like the Geeps, Arrows or Flxible Metro buses.

I had a ball going into their transit store in Penn Station a long time ago. I was buying as many Flxible Metros as I could amongst other things. I can't say that they should've never closed that store

All I can say is that they ( NJT) better partner with Awesome Diecast to get their colors I  New Flyer XD60 diecast, The RTS T80-206 series in both the tri color slant (95-96) and the wave (99-00). Not to mention the Flxible Metro New look and GMC Fishbowl. I've talked to the person of Awesome Diecast months ago about getting the XD60 in NJT colors, but he told me he couldn't because Transit wouldn't allow it

10 hours ago, FlxMtroD said:

All I can say is that they ( NJT) better partner with Awesome Diecast to get their colors I  New Flyer XD60 diecast, The RTS T80-206 series in both the tri color slant (95-96) and the wave (99-00). Not to mention the Flxible Metro New look and GMC Fishbowl. I've talked to the person of Awesome Diecast months ago about getting the XD60 in NJT colors, but he told me he couldn't because Transit wouldn't allow it

Surprised NJT wouldn't allow it when when there's NJT content for Train Simulator, with the NJT logo on the trains and everything. You gotta pay for the NJT content too.

Never knew NJT had an store at Newark Penn.

On 10/21/2022 at 9:36 AM, trainfan22 said:

Surprised NJT wouldn't allow it when when there's NJT content for Train Simulator, with the NJT logo on the trains and everything. You gotta pay for the NJT content too.

Never knew NJT had an store at Newark Penn.

If awesome diecast can get MTA NYC Transit, LACMTA, CTA, WMATA, Miami- Dade Transit, Dallas and other transits to put their branding on its diecast models, you would think that NJ Transit wouldn't be a problem. 

Yep, NJT had a transit store many moons ago on the second level near the pedestrian bridge and or across from the third level escalator going to PATH's track "H". They had a lot of stuff. Trains in N, HO and O scales, ALP electric and GP40 diesel engine in their colors, rail cars, Flxible Metro "D" HO scale diecast, apparel, mugs, vintage trains, maps, umbrellas, some Thomas The Tank Engine toys amongst other things that would normal see in a transit store.

This new store is like a kick started..starting off with bland apparel