MaBSTOA or TA

Junknyc90

Hey everyone I have a decision to make, I been in MaBSTOA approximately 5 months. They just called me for TA Exam 2611 yesterday and I’m trying to decide which is best when it comes to a few things.

can someone explain or post a link that better explains the differences between MaBSTOA and TA

*will I have to start over my probation?

*what boroughs covers each division

*benefit of civil services(TA)

thanks in advance to anyone that gives me feedback

1 hour ago, Junknyc90 said:

Hey everyone I have a decision to make, I been in MaBSTOA approximately 5 months. They just called me for TA Exam 2611 yesterday and I’m trying to decide which is best when it comes to a few things.

can someone explain or post a link that better explains the differences between MaBSTOA and TA

You probably will get better answers if you post this in the Transit Employment section. Either way good luck 👍🏾 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 1:09 PM, Junknyc90 said:

1. Your current time served during your probation carries over

2. TA allows you to work in ANY of the five boroughs, although Queens and Staten Island are under ATU 1056 and 726 respectfully. Transferring to either of those two boroughs will lock you in there for your entire career, with Queens being the more severe choice as you are stuck to ONE depot (Jamaica, Queens Village or Casey Stengel). Once the transfer is complete, that's it. You are freely able to transfer between the Manhattan. Bronx and Brooklyn depots freely every year under TA.

3. Only real benefit is the fact that you will be under the NYCERS pension system with TA. That's about it really.

• 2 weeks later...