End of an era. The last Orion V.

busfreak99

I just got word from my contact from Orion that the last Orion V will roll off the production line in NY on December 8th. The last Orion V will be going to Sonoma County Transit in California they are the final CNG orion V's. Westchester County got the last 30 Diesel models this year. What a great life these buses had.

James R. Roach

• 1 month later...
I just got word from my contact from Orion that the last Orion V will roll off the production line in NY on December 8th. The last Orion V will be going to Sonoma County Transit in California they are the final CNG orion V's. Westchester County got the last 30 Diesel models this year. What a great life these buses had.

James R. Roach

i don't know who your "contact" is but they must work in the order center where they make the schedules, becuase they are never right.

So here it is dec 27 and there are still Sonoma and Westchester v's sitting in Oriskany waiting to be completed. Last Orion V will roll out off the property around the end of january. There are 3 westchester buses left. The Sonoma California order is for 5 buses. They will be completed after the Westchesters.

technically the Orion VII was discontinued in July 2007 in favor of the Orion VII Next Generation, aka "NG".

6350-6359 were ordered as demos and to keep. They had issues like braking, and engine faliure adn now only 6350 is preserved. The rest are either being scrapped or sold. NOTE: 6354 has coach seats. Velvet, I think.

Weren't some rejects from NJT? 6350-6353 I believe.

i don't know who your "contact" is but they must work in the order center where they make the schedules, becuase they are never right.

So here it is dec 27 and there are still Sonoma and Westchester v's sitting in Oriskany waiting to be completed. Last Orion V will roll out off the property around the end of january. There are 3 westchester buses left. The Sonoma California order is for 5 buses. They will be completed after the Westchesters.

technically the Orion VII was discontinued in July 2007 in favor of the Orion VII Next Generation, aka "NG".

Thanks for the information!

I agree,looks like in 20 years city buses in the U.S well be all low floor with less space in few seats,thanks a lot green people.B)

The exterior design of the Orion7 is great, but the interior... is just weird. I mean sure, it will benefit the people with disabilities... but it doesn't mean three fourths of the bus floor is super low.

Low floor buses mess with your center of gravity. Plus, you can feel every pothole.

yea check to my video,my camera almost fell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXc8hQJh0qY

High floor buses are guilty of the same thing but there not so hard on potholes as the low floors.but you right MTR Admiralty if it helps disabilities its alright but if thows buses gets into an accident on the side of the bus then your more disable now then you were before you got on the bus,but if it pass the safety inspection then alright.these low floors are just one way of saying,were protecting the environment but are not going to pay for wheelchair lifts.

I mean I know the wheelchair lifts take long and delay service but at least am save at a high level.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (PSP (PlayStation Portable); 2.00))

I am really not accustomed to that kind of low floor riding on the Orion 7...

Al Gore!

well i think it was a month ago the beeline assigned me to the 45 eastchester north bound and 45 pelham bay during the week and i was matched up with the Vll. to me its a weird feeling im so used to operating high floor buses.

yea check to my video,my camera almost fell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXc8hQJh0qY

High floor buses are guilty of the same thing but there not so hard on potholes as the low floors.but you right MTR Admiralty if it helps disabilities its alright but if thows buses gets into an accident on the side of the bus then your more disable now then you were before you got on the bus,but if it pass the safety inspection then alright.these low floors are just one way of saying,were protecting the environment but are not going to pay for wheelchair lifts.

I mean I know the wheelchair lifts take long and delay service but at least am save at a high level.

It's the wheelchair lift, that's why MTA is getting those Hybrids. Cleaner environment my a$$. They get Federal funds for wheelchair equipped buses, and ramps are so much cheaper, so they get to pocket the money that would be spent on expensive ramps. There are issues with the Hybrids, and MTA knows it. They know those buses cannot take the abuse NYC streets give them. Bent rims and damaged tires, are trademarks of MTA Hybrids. Their policy, blame the driver, for not swerving a loaded bus full of people to avoid a pothole, so they won't be blamed for bent rims. Some streets are so bad, you can't avoid the craters. I've did the lets see who have hemmoroids, by listening and seeing who screams, when I went across the Alexander Hamilton Bridge to Washington Heights on the Bx36........

It's the wheelchair lift, that's why MTA is getting those Hybrids. Cleaner environment my a$$. They get Federal funds for wheelchair equipped buses, and ramps are so much cheaper, so they get to pocket the money that would be spent on expensive ramps. There are issues with the Hybrids, and MTA knows it. They know those buses cannot take the abuse NYC streets give them. Bent rims and damaged tires, are trademarks of MTA Hybrids. Their policy, blame the driver, for not swerving a loaded bus full of people to avoid a pothole, so they won't be blamed for bent rims. Some streets are so bad, you can't avoid the craters. I've did the lets see who have hemmoroids, by listening and seeing who screams, when I went across the Alexander Hamilton Bridge to Washington Heights on the Bx36........

Swerving a bus...

They have to understand that the bus driver can't swerve around EVERY pothole. The bus driver has to negotiate the traffic in order to dodge the hole. And what if there are cars around the hole? There is no choice but to run through it.

Archived