Hound

hounddriver

Should've chosen a different thread title... Almost overlooked this.

- To your first question, not that I know of, no.... All I heard about was that pilot route in Hempstead; the n75...

- To your second question... Well I always thought there should've been something (at minimum) doing Hicksville - Syosset anyway; well before DYY9 opened up, not too far from S. Oyster Bay rd off the LIE...

• If the n48/n49 would be chosen, I'd run it directly to the Amazon facility (providing a bus area/shelter be created for it, similar to that for Staten Island's S40)...
  • Since the n24's been broken up, running the eastern split of that route to Syosset (albeit to Downtown Syosset) would make that route more worthwhile in the network...
  • Something else I would consider though, is a new route running b/w Amityville & Syosset via [parts of the current n80] & [parts of the old N81] south of Hicksville...

On 12/23/2022 at 4:31 PM, B35 via Church said:

Should've chosen a different thread title... Almost overlooked this.

- To your first question, not that I know of, no.... All I heard about was that pilot route in Hempstead; the n75...

- To your second question... Well I always thought there should've been something (at minimum) doing Hicksville - Syosset anyway; well before DYY9 opened up, not too far from S. Oyster Bay rd off the LIE...

• If the n48/n49 would be chosen, I'd run it directly to the Amazon facility (providing a bus area/shelter be created for it, similar to that for Staten Island's S40)...
  • Since the n24's been broken up, running the eastern split of that route to Syosset (albeit to Downtown Syosset) would make that route more worthwhile in the network...
  • Something else I would consider though, is a new route running b/w Amityville & Syosset via [parts of the current n80] & [parts of the old N81] south of Hicksville...

I haven't heard anything about them servicing up there... the N48/49 would be a logical choice,

I nor none of the bus operators wouldn't want them to extend the N24 because even thou it is broken up on the weekday, The weekend it is not. Straight trips from Jamaica to Hicksville. They should just make. a whole new line.