Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Dan05979

About operating a subway car

Just curiose, i'm looking into filing for the train operator in late march, for all you operators out there, how hard was the written test? I bought the train operator passbook and I'm trying to do some of the old test but they seem difficult. Are there any other ways to prepare for this test? and is the air pressure system on the brakes similar to those on a truck? with the 125psi and 60 psi - thanks(6)

Just curiose, i'm looking into filing for the train operator in late march, for all you operators out there, how hard was the written test? I bought the train operator passbook and I'm trying to do some of the old test but they seem difficult. Are there any other ways to prepare for this test? and is the air pressure system on the brakes similar to those on a truck? with the 125psi and 60 psi - thanks(6)

If you're taking the open competetive test it is extremely easy. Almost retarded easy. It is all common sense because they cannot expect you to know anything about the job yet.

If you're taking the promotional it is pretty easy but you obviously must know some basic stuff.

If you're talking about march then that's the oc so put that passbook away it is for promotionals not open competetive's.