Probation termination???

ace1228

I have been an MTA Bus Operator in Queens. My probation got extended because of a red light camera ticket. Recently, I think I got flashed by a speed camera. I want to know if I will be terminated if I do in fact receive a speed camera ticket. My extended probation is supposed to be over in April & I’m just trying to get off probation already. Does anybody know if this will lead to a termination ?

1 hour ago, ace1228 said:

I have been an MTA Bus Operator in Queens. My probation got extended because of a red light camera ticket. Recently, I think I got flashed by a speed camera. I want to know if I will be terminated if I do in fact receive a speed camera ticket. My extended probation is supposed to be over in April & I’m just trying to get off probation already. Does anybody know if this will lead to a termination ?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you indeed get snapped you will be terminated. Sorry brother. 

• 3 weeks later...

if your on probation why are you speeding you shouldn't be driving no more then 25-30mph on certain roadways. Take your time collect late slips. if you have the license plate number try to pay it before transit gets a notice. 2 speeding tickets or red lights could lead to termination better hope the GS likes you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 1:25 AM, ace1228 said:

See your union rep at the depot.

On 2/7/2023 at 9:56 PM, nuyorican said:

if your on probation why are you speeding you shouldn't be driving no more then 25-30mph on certain roadways. Take your time collect late slips. if you have the license plate number try to pay it before transit gets a notice. 2 speeding tickets or red lights could lead to termination better hope the GS likes you.

That really works ?