Old Boonton Line, active sections?

Lawrence St

Hello,

I was watching a video on “walking the old Boonton line” and had a few questions on which sections were actually active.

Someone said that the line is still active up to Bay St known as the “Clair” switch but I can’t find any documents that shows that section in service.

On the eastern end, where exactly does the line become active again? Somewhere in Meadowlands marsh after the drawbridge?

• 1 month later...

On 1/23/2023 at 6:56 PM, Lawrence St said:

Hello,

I was watching a video on “walking the old Boonton line” and had a few questions on which sections were actually active.

Someone said that the line is still active up to Bay St known as the “Clair” switch but I can’t find any documents that shows that section in service.

On the eastern end, where exactly does the line become active again? Somewhere in Meadowlands marsh after the drawbridge?

I know it's been awhile about this. But if you're asking about the Old Boonton Line/NS Orange line, that line is abandoned. 

Edited by go25