Does anyone know PATH Conductor hiring process ?

DPeterson

23 hours ago, WB3 said:

Do the positions come up externally, being posted on PANYNJ Careers page? OR Is conductor a position that is awarded internally to the entry level Positions ? Ive been checking in weekly for the last few months for a posting and have not seen a single thing. 

The last time they had a listing for that was last year as one application for Locomotive Engineer and Conductor.

You apply and then wait for an invitation to take the exam. If you pass the exam, you then gotta go through a background check and medical examination(blood work, urine sample, chest x-ray, lung test, EKG, blood pressure and a few other things). Once all of that clears, you should get an invitation for New Hire Orientation(part one at 4 World Trade Center, part two at Journal Square) and you should also get some paperwork in your email to fill out before the date of your orientation. After the orientation, you get your report date(usually a few days to a week after), your schedule and you are in training for 6-7 weeks I believe. In between your report date and training, you also go for a physical.

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

The last time they had a listing for that was last year as one application for Locomotive Engineer and Conductor.

You apply and then wait for an invitation to take the exam. If you pass the exam, you then gotta go through a background check and medical examination(blood work, urine sample, chest x-ray, lung test, EKG, blood pressure and a few other things). Once all of that clears, you should get an invitation for New Hire Orientation(part one at 4 World Trade Center, part two at Journal Square) and you should also get some paperwork in your email to fill out before the date of your orientation. After the orientation, you get your report date(usually a few days to a week after), your schedule and you are in training for 6-7 weeks I believe. In between your report date and training, you also go for a physical.

So the postings are few and far in-between gotcha. Do you know the time of year last years posting was? Ill keep an eye out. thanks 

9 hours ago, WB3 said:

So the postings are few and far in-between gotcha. Do you know the time of year last years posting was? Ill keep an eye out. thanks 

Sometime between March and May was the last time it was posted. I think it was posted in April but I'm not 100% sure.

-EDIT-

Also forgot to mention, after you pass the exam, you go for an interview at Journal Square.

Edited by Cait Sith

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2023 at 3:06 PM, Cait Sith said:

Thanks for the feedback. Last question. The position I was looking for posted and I applied Immediately. Do you know how long after they close the application window, they begin the testing process. It's been about two weeks. Im guessing its a rather lengthy process. 

On 4/21/2023 at 4:49 PM, WB3 said:

Thanks for the feedback. Last question. The position I was looking for posted and I applied Immediately. Do you know how long after they close the application window, they begin the testing process. It's been about two weeks. Im guessing its a rather lengthy process. 

I want to say after a month or so but I'm not sure. I just apply and forget about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...