Exam 8006

sealteam1962

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im just curious has anybody got a letter from dcas with the list number yet it been i long time ago since we all took the exam pleas keep me up to date take care guys/gals.:)

Nothing here yet,they have until next April technically to send us our list#'s. Wow,this website used to be much quieter when we took the test back in April. Now it is impossible to keep up with all the new threads. In the beginning I think DOB2RTO was in every single thread on this website.:)

well if we don`t get it by april like we were promised i will call up and say lesson weres the test score and list numbers

Dug up one of Chris Frusci Sushi's posts from awhile ago.

"The letter can be sent out anywhere from 3 months from now, to a year from now. I would say sometime around Thanksgiving.

Don't even bother calling a number. The first information you will get is when you check your scores online. Don't worry though, the time flies. Stay patient and enjoy the process."

Yeah,but we all know how slow DCAS is...what is taking so long? Is the eligibles list so long? Anyway the better question would be when does list #8006 begin....Exam #5025 has an eligibles list of 4,885...1,649 was the last number appointed before the hiring freeze. That list expires on Oct 31,2011. I have a feeling that the #8006 eligibles list will be at least double that.

so thaT`S 8,000 SUMTHING IF DOUBLED

That is only my guess Igor,you saw how long the lines were outside the schools. I hope I am wrong. I hope our list is under 5,000 as well. But I remember Chris saying that most people got between 6-12 wrong on the exam in 2006. So that means that the number of people who got between 90%-100% is small. I wish I could see that list(#5025). It should be online somewhere.

• 3 months later...

There are 3757 Eligibles on the list I just checked the hotline. I am right in the middle unfortunatley so i have a long wait. I took the Property Protection, Station Agent and Conductor exams and I already signed up for the Train Operator Exam.

There are 3757 Eligibles on the list I just checked the hotline. I am right in the middle unfortunatley so i have a long wait. I took the Property Protection, Station Agent and Conductor exams and I already signed up for the Train Operator Exam.

Thanks for the update. Very small list indeed. I am a Mets fan but the Goose was one of my favorite relievers of all time,his rising fastball was a blur. I used to imitate his wind up and delivery as a kid playing stickball. Good luck on the T/O exam.

This is even a smaller list than the previous test. #5025 had 4886 eligible on the list...they are up to # 2795 being hired on that list.

This is even a smaller list than the previous test. #5025 had 4886 eligible on the list...they are up to # 2795 being hired on that list.

More people failed than passed,that is how hard the exam was. It has taken roughly 2 years to reach #2795..#5025 list was established sometime in 07. It took Chris about 2 yrs since he took the exam in 06 to get hired(he was #825).

Anybody know how many B/0's were hired from that pool of #2795?

so ur saying the 8006 exam list is smaller then 5025 exam list so how many people r on the 8006 exam list then 5025 exam because i`m on the

8006 exam

71.25 test score

3514 list number

2901 mabstoa

1894 random list number pool

Igor,3,757 are on the #8006 list. I think you will get called for Mabstoa first,question is would you accept or decline? I know you want to work in Staten Island. Not sure if you can transfer to a TA depot in the future.

if mabstoa calls you first go for it about transfering to staten island to yukon or caselton depots when i had to resign they where making mabstoa park of the pick of depots now during pick time you can pick brooklyn,manhattan,and the bronx i picked out and went to queens to amalgamated atu union im pretty sure you can pick out of 100 but you cant come back thats what they told us when we picked queens even made us sign a paper that this is our permenant depot no more picking out to another depot things have changed im still pretty sure you can and staten island is also atu i guess if there is an opening there open i heard chris say they didnt get anybody there for a while ill check on that to make sure ill get back to you

when i get back in im going to stay in local 100 ill have a lot of depots to pick from i dont want to make the same mistake the last time and be stuck in a depot and find out you dont like it there and got to work there for life no way not again this time so make damm sure this is what you want or it might turn into your worst nightmare:cry:

when i get back in im going to stay in local 100 ill have a lot of depots to pick from i dont want to make the same mistake the last time and be stuck in a depot and find out you dont like it there and got to work there for life no way not again this time so make damm sure this is what you want or it might turn into your worst nightmare:cry:

My first choice is going to be the depot over by Broadway Junction (Brooklyn) or the Jackie Gleason Depot in Sunset PArk. Is there parking for employees at all the depots?

My first choice is going to be the depot over by Broadway Junction (Brooklyn) or the Jackie Gleason Depot in Sunset PArk. Is there parking for employees at all the depots?

There should be free parking for employees,outdoor is fine as long as it is in a secured lot. One would figure that you would choose the closest depot to where you live. Do bus depots have gyms and cafeterias?

They should let students tour some of bus depots on the inside to get a better feel but probably the best way to find out would be to ask other B/O's who work there.

mabstoa merged with ta the same union local 100 staten island and queens are atu union i have never heard that they will merge into one union it would be nice we would be a lot stronger but that wont ever happen as far as i know there was also talk that we are fighting for 20 year retirement and the heart and lung bill like the police and fireman but that never came about either.every time something comes about that would benefit us all mangement never gives in .the unions both of them must fight for a good contract for us because as it stands now we have nothing shit nada compared to other city agencys:mad:

mabstoa merged with ta the same union local 100 staten island and queens are atu union i have never heard that they will merge into one union it would be nice we would be a lot stronger but that wont ever happen as far as i know there was also talk that we are fighting for 20 year retirement and the heart and lung bill like the police and fireman but that never came about either.every time something comes about that would benefit us all mangement never gives in .the unions both of them must fight for a good contract for us because as it stands now we have nothing shit nada compared to other city agencys:mad:

What is your take on the fact that nyc transit bus operators don't live very long after they retire? Is there any truth to that or is that just from a small study. Breathing in diesel fumes from the buses? Stress?

What is your take on the fact that nyc transit bus operators don't live very long after they retire? Is there any truth to that or is that just from a small study. Breathing in diesel fumes from the buses? Stress?

I've never heard this before. T/O and C/R's this is true for though.

Archived