Exam 8006

sealteam1962

you dont drive to jersey but you have to get know your pre trip inspection and the air brake test you do this everyday.you cant show up late get there early they dont want to hear excuses.study the material paperwork they give you you get tested throught training in zerega.you will be nervous the first 3 days but that will pass once you get a feel for driving the bus.you go in a bus simulator at zerega some get dizzy but it seems everyone did ok.if you just study,show up on time,and relax and calm down while driving you will be ok.but who knows what is going on with the mta now lay offs are coming for administration and managers i dont think it is for drivers they always need drivers.im leaving academy bus they have me sitting on standby all day at 9.00 hr the pay is lousy.i just got called for traffic enforcement agent.got to go there tues 3-31-09 the pay is 28,000 yr not so great either but i heard you gets lots of ot and can make 40,000 first yr so i be doing this till im called off 8006 .its a city job with a pension and medical the only bad part is you got to put up with people cursing at you for writing tickets and some of them get assaulted.if anyone hits me they will regret it i will defend myself at all costs anyway i hope it never comes to that any more questions just ask take care everyone

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you dont drive to jersey but you have to get know your pre trip inspection and the air brake test you do this everyday.you cant show up late get there early they dont want to hear excuses.study the material paperwork they give you you get tested throught training in zerega.you will be nervous the first 3 days but that will pass once you get a feel for driving the bus.you go in a bus simulator at zerega some get dizzy but it seems everyone did ok.if you just study,show up on time,and relax and calm down while driving you will be ok.but who knows what is going on with the mta now lay offs are coming for administration and managers i dont think it is for drivers they always need drivers.im leaving academy bus they have me sitting on standby all day at 9.00 hr the pay is lousy.i just got called for traffic enforcement agent.got to go there tues 3-31-09 the pay is 28,000 yr not so great either but i heard you gets lots of ot and can make 40,000 first yr so i be doing this till im called off 8006 .its a city job with a pension and medical the only bad part is you got to put up with people cursing at you for writing tickets and some of them get assaulted.if anyone hits me they will regret it i will defend myself at all costs anyway i hope it never comes to that any more questions just ask take care everyone

$9.00 hr? that is crazy,besides the terminal is out in Hoboken. Nothing wrong with TEA,as long as it is temporary. They are always hiring.

Layoffs are going to affect bus drivers as well. I wish it was only for the higher ups. (1,100 blue collar employees,1,000 white collar employees. I read they want to eliminate 35 bus routes. MTA Bus drivers will be the first to get laid off since they aren't civil service.

wow that`s not right

Parts from an article of the Chief:

Local 100 and other transit unions have a lot to lose under the MTA's budget plan. It calls for major job reductions throughout the agency: 819 Bus Operators, more than 700 station attendants and 317 managerial jobs.

Mr. Toussaint was confident that Local 100 could avoid layoffs, as the agency moved to make many of the job reductions through attrition.

'Low on Headcount As Is'

"The MTA has postponed hiring in all sorts of titles for the past four, five, six months. As a result they're low on headcount in a whole bunch of titles," he said.

In June is the election for President of TWU local 100.

Hello everyone. I just passed my road test in Redhook yesterday morning. I now have a CDL B with NPS endorsements! MY license is clean and I have defensive driving on my abstract! I got my License through Red Hook On The Road training program! It's a free cdl training program that gives you 2 weeks of class training and then 10 days of driving lessons! I made one mistake on my road test which was not turning on my hazzard lights when I went to do my parrallel parking LOL! How stupid I was LOL! I did straight backing 1st and had them on when I checked the back then but forgot to put them on when I checked the back for parking LOL! As soon as I checked the back I said ahhhh shit! The examiner said get on the bus and turn on your hazzards LOL! After that it was smooth sailing! Only 5 points for the hazzards passed yay;)!!! NOW MTA END THE FREEZE PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hello everyone. I just passed my road test in Redhook yesterday morning. I now have a CDL B with NPS endorsements! MY license is clean and I have defensive driving on my abstract! I got my License through Red Hook On The Road training program! It's a free cdl training program that gives you 2 weeks of class training and then 10 days of driving lessons! I made one mistake on my road test which was not turning on my hazzard lights when I went to do my parrallel parking LOL! How stupid I was LOL! I did straight backing 1st and had them on when I checked the back then but forgot to put them on when I checked the back for parking LOL! As soon as I checked the back I said ahhhh shit! The examiner said get on the bus and turn on your hazzards LOL! After that it was smooth sailing! Only 5 points for the hazzards passed yay;)!!! NOW MTA END THE FREEZE PLEASE!!!!!!!

Congrats Jamar! :tup: Feels good doesn't it? Who was your DMV examiner? I had a middle aged white guy who walked with a limp,really nice guy,sat in one of the seats in the first row behind me,felt like I was driving by myself when I took the road test.

Congrats Jamar! :tup: Feels good doesn't it? Who was your DMV examiner? I had a middle aged white guy who walked with a limp,really nice guy,sat in one of the seats in the first row behind me,felt like I was driving by myself when I took the road test.

Yeah, it sure does! I know who you are talking about. He has a really bad limp, I saw him. He tested some of the people from my group. I had the old black lady with the nasty attitude. Well that's what I got from her at the beginning. The guy you're talking about sometimes tells people to do the outside inspection while sitting inside!

Yeah, it sure does! I know who you are talking about. He has a really bad limp, I saw him. He tested some of the people from my group. I had the old black lady with the nasty attitude. Well that's what I got from her at the beginning. The guy you're talking about sometimes tells people to do the outside inspection while sitting inside!

What a coincindence, I am going for my interview for redhook on the road thursday. I went to the orientation last wed....im trying to get in the april class. I'm glad it worked out for you.

so you didnt have to pay a dime for none of the lessons? thats awsome those schools charge a fortune its incredible how they come up with these prices, good for you man. whats the N endorsment?

N=Tank Endorsement. You need to pass a written test for that at DMV.

Red Hook on the road also helps you find a cdl job,something that a private driving school would charge you extra for. The school I went to in Ridgewood I paid $845.00 for 10 lessons+road test,failed the 1st time so I had to pay a little more for the 2nd road test,total came out to about $935.00.

I remember the owner trying to convince me to go for a class A cdl,telling me he could get me a job locally making $45k yr to start, driving a tractor trailer(dry van). I wasn't interested. I figure the insurance on the buses and trucks is why they are so expensive. But these schools make good money.

What a coincindence, I am going for my interview for redhook on the road thursday. I went to the orientation last wed....im trying to get in the april class. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Thanks! Just be serious about it and be professional and you should get in! Julio, Levell and Johnathan are really cool people! Johnathan and Levell are the ones with CDL's though! Johnathan knows the tri-state and beyond like the back of his hand LOL! He'll kill you with some ny history as well! Good Luck!

Thanks! Just be serious about it and be professional and you should get in! Julio, Levell and Johnathan are really cool people! Johnathan and Levell are the ones with CDL's though! Johnathan knows the tri-state and beyond like the back of his hand LOL! He'll kill you with some ny history as well! Good Luck!
Well Im in...Took the drug test now all I have to do is go get the s endorsement and my dot card fill out.

Are you talking about the DOT physical? I don't think you need it to get your CDL or even to drive for the MTA. That only applies to interstate cdl drivers like OTR.
I know but the driving school that I am going to be starting also has a very good job placement system in affect and they dont want you to have any restrictions on your license. This place is very thorough with the training and with the economy being in the crapper Im not gonna wait for the mta to call me before I put my license to use. I have a very,very,very low list #for 8006 but I will wind up killing myself counting down the days to get called down to livingston.

I know but the driving school that I am going to be starting also has a very good job placement system in affect and they dont want you to have any restrictions on your license. This place is very thorough with the training and with the economy being in the crapper Im not gonna wait for the mta to call me before I put my license to use. I have a very,very,very low list #for 8006 but I will wind up killing myself counting down the days to get called down to livingston.

With your list number you should be in one of the first couple of classes when the time comes. It is up to you if you want to get it. I went to a medical clinic,he charged me $95.00. The exam took no more than 15 minutes. Checked your blood pressure,pulse,took your height/weight,asked you to bend your knees,urine test for sugar,hernia check(coughs,coughs) etc.

The DOT card is good for 2 yrs. If you have diabetes that needs insulin they will fail you. Another reason would be high blood pressure,history of seizures.

Do what you got to do until the MTA calls you. Good luck.

locomotion is right you dont need a dot med card for mta its only for truckers or charter bus drivers that drive out of ny state but when you get your cdl you will have an a3 restriction on your license meaning you can drive a bus or truck in ny only so if you have the dot medical card this erases the restriction where you can drive a truck or bus anywhere in the usa its good to have it the way the job market is going you have to keep all options open for any job at the time

With your list number you should be in one of the first couple of classes when the time comes. It is up to you if you want to get it. I went to a medical clinic,he charged me $95.00. The exam took no more than 15 minutes. Checked your blood pressure,pulse,took your height/weight,asked you to bend your knees,urine test for sugar,hernia check(coughs,coughs) etc.

The DOT card is good for 2 yrs. If you have diabetes that needs insulin they will fail you. Another reason would be high blood pressure,history of seizures.

Do what you got to do until the MTA calls you. Good luck.

You paid $95 for the DOT exam? I paid $30 in Brighton beach and it took 15 minutes! The CDL training program sent me there. $30 bucks!!!

My list is kinda low as well. Between 1048-1058. when will I get called once they start the 8006 list?

You paid $95 for the DOT exam? I paid $30 in Brighton beach and it took 15 minutes! The CDL training program sent me there. $30 bucks!!!

Yeah I know I overpaid but at the time I thought I needed the DOT medical card,turns out that I don't need it for either DSNY or NYCTA Bus. The doctor who was there was overweight and walked with a cane,lol. He was probably in his mid 50's. I am not going to renew it when it expires next year.

My list is kinda low as well. Between 1048-1058. when will I get called once they start the 8006 list?

Nobody knows Mr J. Only time will tell. My question is will there be a high rate of no shows for the BOSS. Before the 8006 exam there were a lot more people posting on here about being a B/0. It sounds like some people have lost interest. FDBguy and wbs were are you?

yeap ur right were r those people i`m i the only 1 that didn`t lost intrest of being a bus driver

Anybody who took exam #8006 that is still posting on here will get hired. We are determined. DOB2RTO and Chris Frusci taught us well. It is in our hands. Anyway better for us Igor if they decline the job offer. I wish them the best of luck.

Archived