Exam 8006

sealteam1962

I failed the (S) endorsement test at the DMV. I figured it was going to be easy so I hardly studied for it. A lot of people failed it when I was there. Let me tell you the fix is in at the DMV offices. I think they have quotas so you have to come again and pay again to take any of the written tests that you "failed."

They don't give you your answer sheet back,no way to double check it yourself. You can't trust any state agency.:P

i took the cdl written test in florida a few years ago and you do it on a computer and it shows what the right answer right away if you get the question wrong as you go along with the test, you fail it once you take it again, i never went for the road test so i let it expire, so i took it here what a nightmare. you have to be at the dmv before 12pm they wont give the cdl's after that and you dont know what your getting wrong, they wont show you and you have only 1 chance a day. you pay to take it, and if you pass an endorsment you pay again??? how crazy is that....this is why i'm gald i'm done with it

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

well i`m studing i`m not taking any chanceses the driving school i`m going throug is aaaa driving school

I thought you had something already.. Pioneer is not taking apps, they are the biggest.

Good luck

i took the cdl written test in florida a few years ago and you do it on a computer and it shows what the right answer right away if you get the question wrong as you go along with the test, you fail it once you take it again, i never went for the road test so i let it expire, so i took it here what a nightmare. you have to be at the dmv before 12pm they wont give the cdl's after that and you dont know what your getting wrong, they wont show you and you have only 1 chance a day. you pay to take it, and if you pass an endorsment you pay again??? how crazy is that....this is why i'm gald i'm done with it

I know,I know and God forbid you show up when one of the dmv clerks is taking a break..they work at a snails pace over there just like at the post office.

I know,I know and God forbid you show up when one of the dmv clerks is taking a break..they work at a snails pace over there just like at the post office.

I think in NY things are just a bit better, everything is a quicker pace. Ny people would probably riot LOL

When i took the test last year, I didn't know which were wrong, they just told you how many. I'm not sure if the endorsement can be done when you get the license, I did mine afterwards also.. but i think it was only $10

Staten Island isn't as busy as Midtown and from what i hear the Bronx is like a sardine can.

Good luck guys taking it..

FDB

Where can you see a list of the eligible names for bus operator 5025? Anyone have the website? Thanks

I searched the Chiefs archives and couldn't find it. All they had was the track worker eligibles list. The 5025 list was established in 2007,so it would have been posted online back then. Let me do a more thorough search within the Chief since I subscribe to it online,I will let you know what I find Jacquie.

I searched the Chiefs archives and couldn't find it. All they had was the track worker eligibles list. The 5025 list was established in 2007,so it would have been posted online back then. Let me do a more thorough search within the Chief since I subscribe to it online,I will let you know what I find Jacquie.

Thanks so much, I subscribe as well. Looking around...I thought i saw it once.

Any one hear anything (fingers crossed) about Mta cuts and hiring?

out here in staten island school bus company i saw was island charter, atlantic express and pionerrer

Atlantic Express is almost like waiting for the city LOL! You're gonna have to pay about $450 to get Board of ed certified among other things and then you are locked in with them and you have to wait to get called for anywhere from 6 months to 2 years! And during that time, you can't work for another school bus company unless they release you from their roster!!!

Anybody know anything about that company? I always see a Golden Touch mini coach bus parked on a residential street near where I live. I went to the website and they have franchise driver opportunities. He must be one of those otherwise they wouldn't let you take the bus home(30ft).

http://www.goldentouchtransportation.com/index.asp

Hey gang. I just got a letter from Transit today for the Buss operator selection survey, or known by the acronym, BOSS. It says I have to go in on May 15th I guess for a preliminary interview. Any bus operators here can fill me in on what I am in for? I was 511 on the 8006 bus operator test list. Funny. I thought I did horribly on the test, and I get contact 2 months after they sent me the results. When I did the conductor test back in 2004 I got called up 10 months after the results and I only got 2 wrong. I guess the 3 years license requirement and CDL requirement must have disqualified a lot of people. What do I have to do with the DMV to get the class B CDL license with passenger endorsement and no airbreak restrictions?

Hey gang. I just got a letter from Transit today for the Bus operator selection survey, or known by the acronym, BOSS. It says I have to go in on May 15th I guess for a preliminary interview. Any bus operators here can fill me in on what I am in for? I was 511 on the 8006 bus operator test list. Funny. I thought I did horribly on the test, and I get contact 2 months after they sent me the results. When I did the conductor test back in 2004 I got called up 10 months after the results and I only got 2 wrong. I guess the 3 years license requirement and CDL requirement must have disqualified a lot of people. What do I have to do with the DMV to get the class B CDL license with passenger endorsement and no airbreak restrictions?

I got the same letter as well. I have to go on Tuesday May 19th. How many people go in at one time? no more than 100?

Mojo:I am about 200 list numbers higher than you,yet only 1 business day apart.

I figure the 1st day of the BOSS would be Monday,May 11th. There are some people on here with list numbers under 200.

There are posts on here that give info/tips about the BOSS. Mainly the 2 big B/O threads."Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site." "Anyone taking the #8006 Bus Operator Exam."

So much for a hiring freeze. Thanks for the info locomotion. It will probably be 100 to 200 people at a time. Many will not take the job because they probably got hired somewhere else. Some may just leave because of the drug testing. There isn't enough time to completely clean the system. When they called me up for conductor at the end of 2005, two guys walked out right when they mentioned drug testing. If it works like conductor did, then there will probably classes of 20 to 60 that break up into 10 person classes. I am assuming there is a lot more training for BO than conductor, so the training might last through the summer. I wish I could know if I am definitely getting hired. I want to buy my girlfriend a VW beetle, but want to be sure I can make the monthly payments before I commit to a purchase like that.

wow they got a letter already for those people that took the 8006 exam wow that`s fast

Igor, I remember you were saying you were something like 1500. If at 511 they are calling me up, then you should get called up within the next 6 months or less. They must really need bus drivers if they are calling people up 2 months after the results were released. Is it pronounced ee gor, or eye gor?

Igor, I remember you were saying you were something like 1500. If at 511 they are calling me up, then you should get called up within the next 6 months or less. They must really need bus drivers if they are calling people up 2 months after the results were released. Is it pronounced ee gor, or eye gor?

So what about 5025...people who have already done BOSS waiting...around 2000 people....who still need to do drug and medical...you think they wil, get called soon to do that?

Hmm, I am starting to think this boss crap is a waste of time and actually being hired may take up to a year. Freaking transit teases.

So what about 5025...people who have already done BOSS waiting...around 2000 people....who still need to do drug and medical...you think they wil, get called soon to do that?

Hmm, I am starting to think this boss crap is a waste of time and actually being hired may take up to a year. Freaking transit teases.
I've also received a letter in the mail today. I take my Boss exam on the 11th in the morning. My list #is 26X. I am not getting my hopes up yet because I took and passed the boss exam for 2801 and 8001 last year around the same time and havent heard anything back from those as of yet. The boss exam is about 75-80 questions of phyc questions, Nothing to get your panties in a bunch about there will be about 40 people there taking the test along with you. If you pass the boss and alot of people failed last year that was on the other thread they will send you a pre-employment package then your medical/drug test and I believe your sworn in that same day. If your out of work please continue to look for work until your are sworn in because you will go crazy trying to anticipate when you might get called back. Dont put your money on hold for the mta because with the hiring freeze nobody will be able to give you a straight answer on when and if our list will even get called. Good luck everybody.

I've also received a letter in the mail today. I take my Boss exam on the 11th in the morning. My list #is 26X. I am not getting my hopes up yet because I took and passed the boss exam for 2801 and 8001 last year around the same time and havent heard anything back from those as of yet. The boss exam is about 75-80 questions of phyc questions, Nothing to get your panties in a bunch about there will be about 40 people there taking the test along with you. If you pass the boss and alot of people failed last year that was on the other thread they will send you a pre-employment package then your medical/drug test and I believe your sworn in that same day. If your out of work please continue to look for work until your are sworn in because you will go crazy trying to anticipate when you might get called back. Dont put your money on hold for the mta because with the hiring freeze nobody will be able to give you a straight answer on when and if our list will even get called. Good luck everybody.

I think only for Mabstoa exams do you get the results from Boss in mail. With NYC exams...I think you do not get results from Boss just get the drug/medical when they are ready for you. Anyone else know about this?

i just read a thread that says a lot of people failed the boss test.that is not true they dont tell you if you pass or fail .the boss test is common sense questions they ask you the same questions again about 3 times it is the same question but they word it differently i guess if you mess the test up which i never heard anyone doing this maybe they will contact you but i seriously dont think they do.this test is nothing to get worried its a no brainer relax its part of the hiring process and a lot wont show up also so thats good for everyone good luck to everyone;)

So are the people who don't show up when they are told to for the BOSS removed from the eligibles list? Can they reschedule it or is it a one shot deal?

I can see how the list would get watered down fairly quickly with people not showing up for their med/drug,etc.

Best advice that I have come across on here about the BOSS is to tell them what they want to hear.

It does say on the letter that we got that this isn't an offer for employment. Just another step in a very long process.

if they dont show up for the boss they take you off the list but you can be put back on the list if you write to dcas to have your list number reinstated then when ever transit decides to put your number back on the rooster months or years maybe never its not a good thing to miss the boss if you want the job show up at all costs period!!!!!!

Archived