People did ask one or two questions, but nothing important or interesting

basically it went like this:

every one came to floor 5,

then at 1:30 we were told to go to floor 4

a woman told us about freeze, and gave out the papers

people asked couple of questions, nothing interesting

1.5 hours later the room was 75 % empty

the end

So far there are 2 different time slots(10:30am and 1:30pm)75x2=150 people a day get called to take the boss.

When you got there was there a crowd of people waiting outside 180 Livingston St or were they waiting inside the building?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So far there are 2 different time slots(10:30am and 1:30pm)75x2=150 people a day get called to take the boss.

When you got there was there a crowd of people waiting outside 180 Livingston St or were they waiting inside the building?

i got there about an hour in advance, and I was the first one there

People at the counter did not even know there was BOSS test today, so it took them a minute to figure it out. :P

i got there about an hour in advance, and I was the first one there

People at the counter did not even know there was BOSS test today, so it took them a minute to figure it out. :P

LOL,don't the people who work from DCAS look like they just got out of a methadone clinic? what did you do to kill the 1 hour wait?

LOL,don't the people who work from DCAS look like they just got out of a methadone clinic? what did you do to kill the 1 hour wait?

:P

they do look a little slow ;)

Surfing web on the phone is prohibited, as well as talking on the phone,

it interferes with their equipment ( that's what i was told by a security guard ) ;)

They do have a tv there with CNN chanel

I'll be there Lord willing @ 9:30 a.m. on the 21st! I just started doing TC Paratransit Access A Ride in the meantime to hold me over until I get offered a job! At least it should look good on my Resume' that I am working for them already! What do you guys think?

I'll be there Lord willing @ 9:30 a.m. on the 21st! I just started doing TC Paratransit Access A Ride in the meantime to hold me over until I get offered a job! At least it should look good on my Resume' that I am working for them already! What do you guys think?

Your resume means nothing for civil service jobs.

Your resume means nothing for civil service jobs.

Exactly,this isn't a scenario where you have to come in a suit and tie with your resume to try and impress the person doing the hiring.

Do what you got to do Jamar,keep in mind that you want to have a clean CDL when the time comes for you to get hired.

Exactly,this isn't a scenario where you have to come in a suit and tie with your resume to try and impress the person doing the hiring.

Do what you got to do Jamar,keep in mind that you want to have a clean CDL when the time comes for you to get hired.

Trust me Loco, I'm not gonna mess my license up by speeding, red lights and the like! Let's all just hope that we get called real soon being that the bailout came thru! I want to start my career as a MTA bus driver already!!! I'm on TBTA(MTA) bridges and tunnels as well! My list is kinda high on that though. It's about 2100 and they don't go that high in the list!

Trust me Loco, I'm not gonna mess my license up by speeding, red lights and the like! Let's all just hope that we get called real soon being that the bailout came thru! I want to start my career as a MTA bus driver already!!! I'm on TBTA(MTA) bridges and tunnels as well! My list is kinda high on that though. It's about 2100 and they don't go that high in the list!

I hear you bro,are you on the TBTA officers list?

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys on the job 1 year the 25th, excellent job, esp. in staten island, trust me if u can pick here do it, we have it tooooo good out here its almost illeagal

You just want to move up in seniority,haha. Once the new depot is finished,there will be more bus operators going to Staten Island. But Charleston depot is on the other side of Staten Island,closer to NJ.

My choices are Casey Stengel or Grand Ave depot,both are within a 15 minute drive from where I live. You can't be late during your probation.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

I called DCAS today to see if there was any new status, the recorded message said there are 3,758 eligibles from the 8006 list. I guess it don't matter until the 5025 list is exhausted..

Hope that was useful :confused:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

I called DCAS today to see if there was any new status, the recorded message said there are 3,758 eligibles from the 8006 list. I guess it don't matter until the 5025 list is exhausted..

I found a website that lets you see all of the eligibles lists but just from the NYS dept of civil service. There is no such thing for NYC civil service lists. I don't think anybody got a raw score of a 100 on our exam. The highest score from #5025 was a 97.5....somebody scored a 92 and their list number was only #127.

I still can't believe that we both got the same score and yet your list number is 236 below mine. :cry:..lol

Wow, I'm new here but I wanted to ask regarding the quote above. If there are over 3000 eligibles from 8006 and probably a few other thousand eligibles from 5025 what are the odds if you do well on the BOSS that you will be called for the drug test within a year? Or three years?

That's my main question but I also wonder......how many (thousands?) bus operater positions are actually available? Do they start you off full time or part time (with OT). These numbers are disheartening.

Thank you everyone

Wow, I'm new here but I wanted to ask regarding the quote above. If there are over 3000 eligibles from 8006 and probably a few other thousand eligibles from 5025 what are the odds if you do well on the BOSS that you will be called for the drug test within a year? Or three years?

That's my main question but I also wonder......how many (thousands?) bus operater positions are actually available? Do they start you off full time or part time (with OT). These numbers are disheartening.

Thank you everyone

The BOSS isn't graded like an exam where you can get a high score or a low score. It's based on a pass or fail system. Just about everybody passes it. I can't answer your question about how long it takes to get called for the next step(drug test).

There is a lot of turnover with B/O's. There is around 1,800 list numbers to go through from the 5025 list. I will stick to my prediction that 8006 list will start in 2011. What is your list number? You are from the 8006 list right?

Full time only,OT is based on how long your runs are.

The BOSS isn't graded like an exam where you can get a high score or a low score. It's based on a pass or fail system. Just about everybody passes it. I can't answer your question about how long it takes to get called for the next step(drug test).

There is a lot of turnover with B/O's. There is around 1,800 list numbers to go through from the 5025 list. I will stick to my prediction that 8006 list will start in 2011. What is your list number? You are from the 8006 list right?

Full time only,OT is based on how long your runs are.

over time is not based on how long your run is in every aspect. if your run pzys 9:33 min your paid that all in regular time. anything else after your run is OT. plus it also deal with how much seat time as well to calculate OT.

over time is not based on how long your run is in every aspect. if your run pzys 9:33 min your paid that all in regular time. anything else after your run is OT. plus it also deal with how much seat time as well to calculate OT.
MTA hopeful would you be so kind to give us some insight on a typical day for a B/O, from the begining to the end of a typical operators day including breaks lunch? Can you also explain the breakdown of paid hours"seat time".

-Thanks

ok you report to work get your work paddle sheet from dispatch office it has the run with the times on it and where you take your break and pick up your run after the break then you will get another bus be sure to check it out on probation do a walk around look for fresh damage to bus old damage dont worry if there is fresh damage have the other driver sign that it was there your on probation and if you dont check your bus and it is damaged you can be charged with an accident. then the time you have to pull in the bus end of day.you then record the mileage and sign out of your fare box you then hand in your paper work to dispatch check your work and report time for the next day then go home and relax no more people complaining that your late or i just bought this metro card they all use that line but there is no money on it typical fare beater excuse then wake up do it all over again

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

MTA hopeful would you be so kind to give us some insight on a typical day for a B/O, from the begining to the end of a typical operators day including breaks lunch? Can you also explain the breakdown of paid hours"seat time".

-Thanks

Sure, ill do one better and scan a old paddle report and explain it all, I'm on my RDO so ill get to doing this by tomm!.

This is a weekday run on the Q18 Bus,Astoria to Maspeth. Spring pick 2009. Source:http://www.lgaunion.com

1808 (279)

ROUTE Q18

4:00p REPORT

4:10p OUT

4:30p E 2St

5:30p W Grand

6:30p E 2St

7:18p W Grand

8:10p E 2St

8:55p Grand (Meal)

9:15p W Grand

10:00p E 2St