Exam 8006

sealteam1962

Q 39 Bus,Ridgewood to Long Island City. Sunday run. Somebody please answer my ? marks,thanks.

3904 (107).run number?

ROUTE Q39

3:45p REPORT

3:55p OUT

4:15p E QP

5:00p W 60La

5:45p E QP

6:30p W 60 La

7:15p E QP

8:00p W 60La

8:55p QP (Meal)

9:15p E QP

10:00p W60La

10:45p E QP

11:21p 60La (DH)deadhead(drive empty bus,not in service)

11:46p At Garage

Pay Hours: 8:15 Mileage:73.5

Srv: 06:46 Tvb:00.00..?

ML: 00:20 Spd: 00.00

Tva: 00:45..? S/Diff: 07:51

Swg: 00:00 Rev Miles:62.0

Alw: 00.09 ..? Non Rev Miles: 11.5

R&C: 00:15..?

DOT: 00:00..? Trips: 9

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Q 39 Bus,Ridgewood to Long Island City. Sunday run. Somebody please answer my ? marks,thanks.

3904 (107).run number?

ROUTE Q39

3:45p REPORT

3:55p OUT

4:15p E QP

5:00p W 60La

5:45p E QP

6:30p W 60 La

7:15p E QP

8:00p W 60La

8:55p QP (Meal)

9:15p E QP

10:00p W60La

10:45p E QP

11:21p 60La (DH)deadhead(drive empty bus,not in service)

11:46p At Garage

Pay Hours: 8:15 Mileage:73.5

Srv: 06:46 Tvb:00.00..?

ML: 00:20 Spd: 00.00

Tva: 00:45..? S/Diff: 07:51

Swg: 00:00 Rev Miles:62.0

Alw: 00.09 ..? Non Rev Miles: 11.5

R&C: 00:15..?

DOT: 00:00..? Trips: 9

Thanks loco they were very helpful.

Thanks loco they were very helpful.

No problem,just giving you an idea of what a pick is. This is for MTA Bus,but I am sure it is the same for TA. I believe the picks are based on seniority. New B/O's most likely start off on the Xtra list. If you think about it,driving a different route every day or night is a good thing.

Notice they only give you 20 minutes for meal.:P

No problem,just giving you an idea of what a pick is. This is for MTA Bus,but I am sure it is the same for TA. I believe the picks are based on seniority. New B/O's most likely start off on the Xtra list. If you think about it,driving a different route every day or night is a good thing.

Notice they only give you 20 minutes for meal.:P

TA Paddles look different from what you posted

TA Paddles look different from what you posted

Yeah,hopefully MTA Hopeful08 can show us what a paddle looks like. I never said I was posting a paddle.

(paddle is your running time/timepoints, and has the codes and route) Got this from a website from Minnesota,does this resemble a paddle from the MTA?

http://www.apta.com/conferences_calendar/trantech/09_presentations/john_levin_session_08.pdf

Yeah,hopefully MTA Hopeful08 can show us what a paddle looks like. I never said I was posting a paddle.

(paddle is your running time/timepoints, and has the codes and route) Got this from a website from Minnesota,does this resemble a paddle from the MTA?

http://www.apta.com/conferences_calendar/trantech/09_presentations/john_levin_session_08.pdf

Yes Loco that paddle is similar to a NYCT Paddle but not detailed like that

ditja:Thanks for posting a scan of a B/O's paddle. How early can you report to your depot? For example,if your reporting time is at 1300 hrs,what time would you get there? do they use time cards/clocks,time sheets?

I noticed your RDO's were Tuesday and Friday,Ulmer Park Depot,driving an MCI bus on an Xpress route. No military times on the paddle? but the electronic fair box is on military time.

ditja:Thanks for posting a scan of a B/O's paddle. How early can you report to your depot? For example,if your reporting time is at 1300 hrs,what time would you get there? do they use time cards/clocks,time sheets?

I noticed your RDO's were Tuesday and Friday,Ulmer Park Depot,driving an MCI bus on an Xpress route. No military times on the paddle? but the electronic fair box is on military time.

you can get there as early as you want. 2 hrs early, 1 hrs early, it's up to you. i usually get there 10-20 mins before the report time. on the paddle, RDO TF = thursday and friday. they must be 2 days straight together. when reporting, all we have to do is to go up to the crew dispatching window, then he/she will cross your name out on the reporting sheet. however, in ulmer park, we cross it out ourself :P

and yes, no military times on the paddle. but if you work on the extra list or vacation relief, then they will have military time posting on the board for you to check.

you can get there as early as you want. 2 hrs early, 1 hrs early, it's up to you. i usually get there 10-20 mins before the report time. on the paddle, RDO TF = thursday and friday. they must be 2 days straight together. when reporting, all we have to do is to go up to the crew dispatching window, then he/she will cross your name out on the reporting sheet. however, in ulmer park, we cross it out ourself :(

and yes, no military times on the paddle. but if you work on the extra list or vacation relief, then they will have military time posting on the board for you to check.

Ok,thanks,I figured T=Tuesday,Th=Thursday. Now when you are done,where do you park the bus? can you park it anywhere inside the yard or does it have a designated parking spot?

I assume you finish up your paperwork first before leaving right?

Most runs pay 8hrs+,now here is an example of a 4hr:30minutes run. Talk about a short work day,some runs you make 10+ trips.

QM 24

6:45am report

6:55am out

7:28am w coop wood

8:20am 3 ave (DH)

9:10am at Garage

Pay Hours: 4:30 Mileage 24.5

Srv:00:52

Tva:01:23

Alw:00:52

R&C:00:15

DOT:01:08

Trips 1 Rev miles:13.1

Non Rev miles:11:04

It probably is if your list number is higher than 100. I'm 511, so I'm not holding my breath. I'm just enjoying exhaling.

I in the 250's hopefully I will qualify for MTA Bus. But if not I hope 8006 begins in the next couple of years. Patience is a must for MTA.

I in the 250's hopefully I will qualify for MTA Bus. But if not I hope 8006 begins in the next couple of years. Patience is a must for MTA.

If 8006 takes a couple of years before they start calling up, you might as welll forget about it. In 2 years the list would only be good for two more years.

If 8006 takes a couple of years before they start calling up, you might as welll forget about it. In 2 years the list would only be good for two more years.

That may be so,but the 8006 list is short,#3,758. Lets hope all those people that are on both lists get hired from MTA Bus and even #2801,#2901,that way once 8006 starts it will move even faster. Whichever list your on calls you first,you go,it's a no brainer.

That may be so,but the 8006 list is short,#3,758. Lets hope all those people that are on both lists get hired from MTA Bus and even #2801,#2901,that way once 8006 starts it will move even faster. Whichever list your on calls you first,you go,it's a no brainer.

I'm only on the 8006 list. I'm waiting for conductor where I got a 100, but I probably won't be called up for that for another year and a half. I was hoping the bus would call, so I could be in the system already by the time conductor called.

I'm only on the 8006 list. I'm waiting for conductor where I got a 100, but I probably won't be called up for that for another year and a half. I was hoping the bus would call, so I could be in the system already by the time conductor called.
I think 8006 is gonna get called in January because 8008 is almost exhausted and 2801 is partialy started. 8006 will be call before 2901. Remeber they are having a mass hiring for all three divisions.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I think 8006 is gonna get called in January because 8008 is almost exhausted and 2801 is partialy started. 8006 will be call before 2901. Remeber they are having a mass hiring for all three divisions.

That's encouraging but wasn't there another list as well? I think

it was 5025..

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

That's encouraging but wasn't there another list as well? I think

it was 5025..

Yes sir,that is the only list that should concern us,#5025. That list is about halfway through. We will have a better picture by the end of this year.

Yes sir,that is the only list that should concern us,#5025. That list is about halfway through. We will have a better picture by the end of this year.

Thanks Mr Loco.. not bad to have a better pic at year end.. Sounds like alot to have any shot for next year though so we keep truckin'

:(

Archived