Bee-Line Bus Fleet Replacements (2023)

Bee-line's 2005-6 Orion V's and Orion Vii has already retired a while back and the 2004-05 Orion 5.505 hasn't been fully replaced yet but have been confirmed to be finished off to Xde35's so here are some predictions and idea's on how bee-line should replace the remaining fleets. 

2008: Orion V suburban

• I predict an Xde40 suburban, I don't think they want a coach bus again 
  • But I'd prefer a Novabus Lfs(hev) surburban a whole fleet of New Flyer Buses won't make the fleet interesting.

2009: Nabi 40lfw(hev)

• I predict they will get another New Flyer bus most likely not the Xde40 again since they already have a fleet of that  maybe some fully electric bus like the Xe40.
  • I'd prefer they get something Gillig if not Nova, I'm not in for a 100% New Flyer Xcelcior Fleet   

• 1 month later...

On 6/3/2023 at 1:02 PM, 40 to 241st said:

Bee-line's 2005-6 Orion V's and Orion Vii has already retired a while back and the 2004-05 Orion 5.505 hasn't been fully replaced yet but have been confirmed to be finished off to Xde35's so here are some predictions and idea's on how bee-line should replace the remaining fleets. 

2008: Orion V suburban

• I predict an Xde40 suburban, I don't think they want a coach bus again 
  • But I'd prefer a Novabus Lfs(hev) surburban a whole fleet of New Flyer Buses won't make the fleet interesting.

2009: Nabi 40lfw(hev)

• I predict they will get another New Flyer bus most likely not the Xde40 again since they already have a fleet of that  maybe some fully electric bus like the Xe40.
  • I'd prefer they get something Gillig if not Nova, I'm not in for a 100% New Flyer Xcelcior Fleet   

I agree with you as a person that lives in westchester I don’t want the only buses I ride to be Xcelciors 

If they do get gillig’s I’d make all electric BRT buses.

On 7/22/2023 at 11:38 AM, 20 via crosscounty said:

I agree with you as a person that lives in westchester I don’t want the only buses I ride to be Xcelciors 

If they do get gillig’s I’d make all electric BRT buses.

No Gilligs 

• 4 months later...

Ok so there is a 504 Xcelsior already built and awaiting delivery. It seems the Nabis are on there way out and the Bee Line fleet could be 100% Xcelsiors by the end of 2024 

(If we don't count the BxM4C; their replacements are debatable)

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

7 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Ok so there is a 504 Xcelsior already built and awaiting delivery. It seems the Nabis are on there way out and the Bee Line fleet could be 100% Xcelsiors by the end of 2024 

(If we don't count the BxM4C; their replacements are debatable)

its a small option order. 10 XDE35s are supposed to be included in this as well.

As for the BxM4C, if Liberty Lines doesn't get a contract this month(it expires this month), you can kiss that BxM4C goodbye, since Liberty Lines owns the route.

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

its a small option order. 10 XDE35s are supposed to be included in this as well.

As for the BxM4C, if Liberty Lines doesn't get a contract this month(it expires this month), you can kiss that BxM4C goodbye, since Liberty Lines owns the route.

How big is the option order?

4 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Just read through most of the requests for clarification, seems like the new (or incumbent) contractor won't be selected till Feb 2024.

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Source? Last I read, it was supposed to be less than 50 XDE40s and 10 XDE35s to send the short Orion Vs into retirement.

I got this information from cptdb wiki we’re did you get that it’s supposed to be 50 xde40 units 

Edited by 40 to 241st

On 12/4/2023 at 7:28 PM, Cait Sith said:

Source? Last I read, it was supposed to be less than 50 XDE40s and 10 XDE35s to send the short Orion Vs into retirement.

So "maybe"..."maybe"...that sounds like a replacement of the 2005 Orion 05.505 and the 2008 Orion 05.501 Suburbans? I mean they are what 27 2008 Orion Suburbans left?

18 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

So "maybe"..."maybe"...that sounds like a replacement of the 2005 Orion 05.505 and the 2008 Orion 05.501 Suburbans? I mean they are what 27 2008 Orion Suburbans left?

Where does it say that there are supposed to be 50 xde40’s I want a scource or some proof please. Because everywhere I go it says that there are 95 buses.

On 12/7/2023 at 7:17 AM, 40 to 241st said:

Where does it say that there are supposed to be 50 xde40’s I want a scource or some proof please. Because everywhere I go it says that there are 95 buses.

Slight correction on my part, option orders are up to 52 buses, how many they'll accept is up in the air. Sited from New Flyer themselves. The extra 40 buses they added were tacked onto the base order, they were not a part of any option orders

Westchester County awards New Flyer a contract for up to 128 hybrid-electric Xcelsior Transit Buses

St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA – February 1, 2021: (TSX: NFI) New Flyer of America Inc. (“New Flyer”), a subsidiary of NFI Group Inc. (“NFI”), one of the world’s leading independent global bus manufacturers, today announced that the Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation (operating as the ”Bee-Line”) has awarded New Flyer a new order for 66 Xcelsior® forty-foot hybrid electric buses. The order is part of a two year contract, with future possible option orders for up to 52 additional forty-foot and 10 thirty five-foot Xcelsior hybrid electric buses.

Edited by Cait Sith

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

Slight correction on my part, option orders are up to 52 buses, how many they'll accept is up in the air. Sited from New Flyer themselves. The extra 40 buses they added were tacked onto the base order, they were not a part of any option orders

I think that’s supposed to refer to the order that from 2021-2022 when the Orion V’s  were getting replaced. 

11 minutes ago, 40 to 241st said:

I think that’s supposed to refer to the order that from 2021-2022 when the Orion V’s  were getting replaced. 

Read the last sentence of that statement. 66 buses were the original order, but Bee-Line added 40 more to the base order. The future options(504 and up) is up to 52, depends on how much they accept.

Edited by Cait Sith