Happy Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for?

Guest Charles

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

Happy Thanksgiving 2011 everyone. Anyone has plans for the holiday weekend whether it's starting Christmas/New Years Holiday shopping or going away for that big family dinner on Thursday? As usual for last few years, visiting my brothers in Southern New Jersey for the holiday dinner.

And for your hoilday entainment here the now classic Adam Sandler song of the same name.:P

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I am thankful for history of when Pilgrims & Christopher Columbus arrived in New Land to find out Native American Indian was already living there and they share that towns into 3-Day holiday in Canada in October and 2-day holiday in US.

I am thankful to my mom for taking me to Big Apple.

I am thankful for my American male room mate to take me around NY in Westchester County, Long Island via checker taxi, pickup truck or rental Ryde Truck.

I am thankful for my American roommate to ride bicycles.

I am thankful to taxi driver at red light when nice taxi driver let me cross on my bike when I was with roommate.

I am thankful to attend wonderful school at Elenanor Roosevelt Elementary (now High School), Simon Baruch MS104 and HSES.

I am thankful for Middle School #104 field trip to MET or Holocust Museum that made me visit MET Museum.

I am thankful to make friend with MET Museum, Firefighters, Doormans.

I am thankful to meet Richard Stiller, Bee-Line Bus employee.

I am thankful to meet TWU Local #100, #252, and all B/Os and including AU #338 (correct me) on day of fare hike protest, hearing.

I am thankful to ride or take pictures of some extinct bus before cut.

I am thankful for NY Times to put my article on front page, well as that made Sotokoto Magazine editor to put my article next. Chun Yu, editor of book based on her life did NYU Documentary about me, but she's in CA now.

I am thankful for guest houses my mom started.

I am thankful for one of Japanese guest offered me Thanksgiving X-Mas to take me to Philly this Fri.

Happy Thanksgiving NYCTF!

You too my friend. Little disappointed as change of plans. Was going today (Thansgiving Day '11) to see my brother and his kids in South Jersey. However he had to work today so instead we having our Holiday dinner on Saturday:(. Had to rush this morning to get a small Turkey Breast and sharing it with a neighbor, a Senior Citizen:). Very nice lady.

Just chilling at home watching the NFL Holiday 'tripleheader' and also jamming some music as well. On "Black Friday" catchup day not only for Grad school but my day job as well with student progress reports.

Well at least i am going out on a day trip saturday.

• 11 months later...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1. I am thankful for my mom bringing me to New York to enjoy the word.

2. I am thankful for some bus operator friends from TWU Local 100 and 252 to be my friend.

3. I am thankful to NY Times Editor Manny Fernandez and Photographer for featuring story about me on New York Times article.

4. I am thankful to Kayo Ogaya, freelancer journalist for popular Japanese magazine, Sotokoto.

5. I am thankful for Metropolitan Museum of Art/Cloisters Museum friends.

6. I am thankful for my former Yorkville neighborhood doormen to be my friend.

7. I am thankful for my best friend, Juan Perez TWU Local 100 or Cindy Tropeano TWU Local 252 for letting me ride on bus for free.

8. I am thankful for my best friend, Amy Mass, retired museum employee for taking me car adventure in Dutchess County, Westchester Counties, etc.

9. I am thankful for firefighters who treat me like family.

10. I am thankful to 126th St depot, Manhattanville Depot, Quill Depot or LGA Depot to treat me like family when I am waiting for M15 SBS, M34/M34A SBS, or Vintage Bus trip.

11. I am thanksful to Humane Society of New York to let me ride bus free for Animal Lobby Day in Albany.

12. I am thankful for anti-Nuclear organization for prodiving free ride on van to NRC Headquarter in White Flint, Maryland.

13. I am thankful for being part of NY Class.

14. I am thankful to student at P. S. 1. Elementary School (no longer exist), Simon Baruch MS104 and High School for Environmental Studies.

• 1 year later...

happy-thanksgiving.jpg

1. I am thankful for my new house Diamond Royal Plaza Condo, not thankful for elevator and heater issue.

2. I am thankful for my mom for bringing to New York in February 1996.

3. I am thankful to join Anti-Fracking, Anti-Nuclear movements.

4. I am thankful for Greenpeace, Humane Society of United States for supporting to end animal abuses.

5. I am thankful for New York Clean, Lilable for Safer Street, Coalitation to Ban Horse Carriage, Goosewatch NYC, Long Island Orcherstrating for Nature, Friends of Animals New York and New Jersey for supporting to end horse drawn carriages, end slaughting torturings of seals/sea lions/whales/dolphins.

6. I am thankful to be part of Citizen Defending Library, advocy group fighting with Commitee to Save NYPL and Library Lovers League, and Girl Scouts from Pacific Library to stop sell of Public Assests.

7. I am thankful for Thomas Suozzi, who was democratic Nassau County executive candidate, who lost but showing his support to end pet shop's puppymill abuse.

8. I am thankful for Coalitan to Horse Carriage, NY Class, Riders Alliance, Anyone but Quinn and Transportation Alternative to invite me to fundraiser or party for free or cheap.

9. I am thankful for Judi Francis, John Liu, Anyone but Quinn, Nassau County Legislator Carrie Solages to invite me to fundraising party.

10. I am thankful to be member of Long Island Bus Riders Union.

11. I am thankful for MTA to restore several extinct bus routes to restored alive.

12. I am thankful for Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Brooklyn Fare Market, Food Dimension, 90th St Associate Supermarket to have organic products, including Organic Tofu from Nyosa, and Olivia Organics.

13. I am thankful for Olivia Organic brand, Lady Earth Moon Tomatoes, Sunrise Organic Tomatoes products in Whole Foods.

14. I am thankful for neighborhood pizza place; Donkin Donuts.

15. I am thankful for my neighborhood to have several 5 cent copies place including in Brooklyn's pharmacy at Nostrand Av/St. John Place.

16. I am thankful for Straphangers Campaign, Tri-State Campaign, Riders Alliance, and Long Island Bus Riders Union for fighting for better transit service in New York.

17. I am thankful for New York City Transit Museum to hold Bus Feast Festival, along with Atlantic Antic Street Fair.

18. I am thankful for Public Advocates Tish James to speak at all major events to stop sell of public assets from libraries, schools, hospitals, etc.

19. I am thankful for City Council Steve Levin; Public Advocate Tish James for supporting our cause to save libraries.

20. I am thankful for City Council Jimmy Van Brammer to hold public hearing regardding public libraries.

21. I am thankful for New York State Assembly Member Michael G. DenDekker and Michaelle Solages to fighting and serving publics of New York and Nassau County.

22. I am thankful for City Council Speaker Christine Quinn lost in Mayoral election race.

23. I am thankful for NYC Pride Parade 2013 to invite Animal Lovers and Anti-Quinn supporters.

24. I am thankful for Avonte Oquendo family, friends, relatives, strangers gathering together us one to assist transit workers, NYPD and all other police departments to find missing Avonte Oquendo.

25. lI am thankful for Nuclear Regulator Commission to hold public hearing on Nuclear Waste.

26. I am thankful for meeting many animal protestors.

27. I am thankful for Arby's to have wonderful food.

28. I am thankful for my bus operators who gave me free ride.

29. I am thankful for wonderful Japanese visitors staying at my old Warren St house in Jackson Heights.

30. I am thankful for many medias who are fighting to save libraries across the state.

31. I am thankful for Greg Mocker PIX11, Howard PIX11, Arnold Diaz "FOX SHAME ON YOU NEWS" to expose the NYCDOT, MTA, CitiBike, scrum artists and alerting us not to use CRAIGLIST or unlicenced contractors.

32. I am thankful for Greg Mocker for doing report of anything.

33. I am thankful for NICE Bus to restore n21 weekday, add n4x stop at Central Av, and add two lines for n4 bus at Jamaica Center.

34. I am thankful for licenced Surecombustion Heater company to check heater supply in Diamond Royal Plaza Apartment on Mon/Tues and covincing our landlord who don't live in NY to replace new heater.

35. I am thankful to find Straphangers Campaign, New York City Transit Forum, Railroad.net, SubwayChat, City-Data Forum, Technology Forums, Asian Horror Movie Forum, Pokemon Forums and many Forums.

36. I am thankful for free movie and tv shows onlines.

37. I am thankful for New York Times who wrote article about me and published on X-Mas Day 2005.

38. I am thankful for Japanese magazine who wrote article and published on March 2007 issue.

39. I am thankful to meet Anti-Fracking, Anti-Nuclear movement activists.

40. I am thankful to my bus operators from MTA Bus, NYCT Bus and NICE Bus depots.

41. I am thankful for my friend who works for Westchester Public Transportation.

42. I am thankful for our great car service, Domicana Car Service, TLC licenced.

43. I am thankful for Mid-Manhattan Library that opens early and late than any other branch libraries.

44. I am thankful for Science Business Industry and 42nd St library to have color printer.

45. I am thankful for Federal Express, Staple, 5 cent copy place, Family Dollar Store, Moneytown internet, and other internet cafe for wonderful service.

46. I am thankful for all library advocates fighting to save their public libraries statewide.

47. I am thankful for Microsoft Window table at Times Warner Center, so I could report on Horse Carriage's violation.

Screw it, Imma do a list, too, even though I'm not American and celebrated this holiday more than a month ago.

I'm grateful for my family and the fact that I have a roof over my head. I'm also grateful for the fact I went to Slovakia this summer, the fact that pizza exists, transit and sarcasm. Oh yeah, and the fact that I'm not superstitious like everyone else I know is. Good stuff.

Archived