Acela pics

Forest Glen

Today I was passing by Penn Station when I decided to take some pics of the Acela interior. There's no way I would pay the overpriced fare for Acela so the plan was to sneak past the conductors, take a pic, and leave. Once I got to the platform I saw the conductors plus several Amtrak policemen with guns. I thought about chickening out but I went through with it. I was able to salvage two pics:

SN850684.jpg

SN850685.jpg

Wow. The Metro is going to be really packed, as I heard.

The area is well within walking distance from union station.

Get ready to ACE! LOLz, :D!

Enjoy your lovely time Metsfan! :D!

Well thanks i will, i'll seriously try to get as many photos of acela, and hopefully some of obama as i can. :D

- A

• 1 month later...
I wouldn't sugges riding Acela. It is a very nice train, but the amount of time saved (30-45 minutes) isn't worth paying an extra $61 one way.

When I saw that I was seriously unimpressed by Acela's speeds but was a little impressed that our normal service is kind of pretty decent. Granted, you have non-TGV service between Strasbourg and Basel going 200km/h but I expect much less out of my not-so-rail-friendly home country. Great pictures, though. I can't wait to ride on Acela when its less than 4 hours between Washington and Boston (the TGV route between Paris and Marseille is a longer distance but takes like 3h20).

Archived