Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Forest Glen

Acela pics

Today I was passing by Penn Station when I decided to take some pics of the Acela interior. There's no way I would pay the overpriced fare for Acela so the plan was to sneak past the conductors, take a pic, and leave. Once I got to the platform I saw the conductors plus several Amtrak policemen with guns. I thought about chickening out but I went through with it. I was able to salvage two pics:

SN850684.jpg

SN850685.jpg

Metsfan, be sure to take enough Memory cards and keep close eye on how many you take. I am sure your camera may break sooner or later... Haha, =D!

I have 2x 1 gig cards and 1x 2 gig cards. :P

- A

Neat!

When i ride it in january to DC 'll get 685746356475786 photos & video. :P

- A

I wouldn't sugges riding Acela. It is a very nice train, but the amount of time saved (30-45 minutes) isn't worth paying an extra $61 one way.

I'm not riding it to save time, it was the last option left to get to the inaugural events in DC on time.

- A

I'm not riding it to save time, it was the last option left to get to the inaugural events in DC on time.

- A

True that. You staying there for a couple of days or just doing a day trip?

True that. You staying there for a couple of days or just doing a day trip?

Getting in around 11 am, leaving next morning 4 am.

- A

Wow. The Metro is going to be really packed, as I heard.

The area is well within walking distance from union station.

Get ready to ACE! LOLz, :D!

Enjoy your lovely time Metsfan! :D!

Well thanks i will, i'll seriously try to get as many photos of acela, and hopefully some of obama as i can. :D

- A

I will honestly probably get about 300-400 acela photos then take a nap the rest of the way. I will get photos of 30th street and union station as well. Videos too.

- A

I wouldn't sugges riding Acela. It is a very nice train, but the amount of time saved (30-45 minutes) isn't worth paying an extra $61 one way.

When I saw that I was seriously unimpressed by Acela's speeds but was a little impressed that our normal service is kind of pretty decent. Granted, you have non-TGV service between Strasbourg and Basel going 200km/h but I expect much less out of my not-so-rail-friendly home country. Great pictures, though. I can't wait to ride on Acela when its less than 4 hours between Washington and Boston (the TGV route between Paris and Marseille is a longer distance but takes like 3h20).