R38/40S go to Museum

mark1447

Dunno if this is old, but just checked the NYC Subway car data

R38 going under retirement now, Cars: 4028 4029 go to museum

as for 40S[slope/Slant]: 4192 4193 - says to be preserved but it doesnt say museum, any confirmations?

More updates here:

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=d268djb_4f2wsg5kp

gonna try my best to see if I catch any 40/42s on the (C). =]~

as for 40S[slope/Slant]: 4192 4193 - says to be preserved but it doesnt say museum, any confirmations?

More updates here:

Yeah, R160B 8713 sent it to me yesterday.

Yes, that set is going to the Museum: "In January 2008, the R40 pair 4192-4193 was sent to the New York Transit Museum."

Lol, the guy has to be joking: 31-11-2008!!! As of now, the R38s are going strong on the (C). I'm down on the (A) line between Fulton-Jay like almost everyday for the past few weeks afterschool. (C) fleet composition remains relatively the same. If I do see changes, I would immediately spread the word.

Yeah, R160B 8713 sent it to me yesterday.

Yes, that set is going to the Museum: "In January 2008, the R40 pair 4192-4193 was sent to the New York Transit Museum."

Lol, the guy has to be joking: 31-11-2008!!! As of now, the R38s are going strong on the (C). I'm down on the (A) line between Fulton-Jay like almost everyday for the past few weeks afterschool. (C) fleet composition remains relatively the same. If I do see changes, I would immediately spread the word.

But if you live in Hong Kong how do you see this?

More updates here:

The R32 pair 3352-3353 are also preserved for the museum.

More updates here:

Yup one pair of each will be saved, that's all correct. I'm not sure of the specific numbers for the R40M's but that all sounds correct:

R32s 3352-3 (on display in museum now and also was in July)

R38s 4028-9

R40s 4192-3 (was on display in the museum early this year)

R42s 4572-3 (French connection cars)

Yup one pair of each will be saved, that's all correct. I'm not sure of the specific numbers for the R40M's but that all sounds correct:

R32s 3352-3 (on display in museum now and also was in July)

R38s 4028-9

R40s 4192-3 (was on display in the museum early this year)

R42s 4572-3 (French connection cars)

All these pairs will be displayed for the Museum. Don't worry soon we will find out what pairs of R40M go to the Museum. After all these subway cars retire I hope the R10/R11(R34)/R16/R27/R30/R32/R38/R40/R40M/R42 run on a fan trip (Nostalgia Train service) togther on special events like the (MTA) does with R12/R15/R17/R33MLs/R33WF togther and also on R1/R4/R6/R7A/R9 togther.

All these pairs will be displayed for the Museum. Don't worry soon we will find out what pairs of R40M go to the Museum. After all these subway cars retire I hope the R10/R11(R34)/R16/R27/R30/R32/R38/R40/R40M/R42 run on a fan trip (Nostalgia Train service) togther on special events like they do with R12/R15/R17/R33MLs/R33WF togther and also on R1/R4/R6/R7A/R9 togther.

Wow, that would be a heck load of divorces in order to have 10 singles and then remarry them and string a train with all 10 classes. Good job.

@mark1447,

Definently looks awkward but they should put two together...

Alignment should be like this:

R-32/R-38/R-40S|R-40S\R-40M\R-42...

6 perfect cars...

And if R-44 and/or comes in I think a R-44 and R-46 should be connected to the end or front... That is good...

Nope. Not gonna happen.

1. R44 and R46 have different coupling systems from the rest of the cars. You can't link them to any other car.

2. You can't separate a married pair. Each car needs the other.

A better solution would be to have one married pair of R32-R42 each to make one ten car train.

Nope. Not gonna happen.

1. R44 and R46 have different coupling systems from the rest of the cars. You can't link them to any other car.

Correct. Not to mention the R44 brakes charge to a different pressure so mechanically those cars are incompatible.

Each A car needs a B car, it could be done to pair up an R32 and an R42, but there's no reason to...

A better solution would be to have one married pair of R32-R42 each to make one ten car train.

And that's exactly what will happen when the time comes.

Not gonna happen,if anything they'll store the R32-R42 cars that are part

of the museum fleet likely at CI or 207th St.

Well the NYCT Transit Museum has to display old cars each day so the retire subway cars are not display at the Museum everyday they take turns each day now so you only see them sometimes each week.

1. The (MTA) can always change the coupling systems so it can have the same coupler as R32-R42.

2. No comment.

3. Now These days now they make train with the same coupler so it can fit with all train set.

Nope. Not gonna happen.

can all NTTs be coupled? they are married pairs

Im not sure about the R130/131s[110A/110B]

1. The (MTA) can always change the coupling systems so it can have the same coupler as R32-R42.

2. No comment.

3. Now These days now they make train with the same coupler so it can fit with all train set.

1. Would be way too expensive and impractical. There's no point.

3. I'll let a Transit worker answer that.

can all NTTs be coupled? they are married pairs

Im not sure about the R130/131s[110A/110B]

NTTs are sets of 4 or 5. I'll also let a Transit worker answer that.

Archived