7 West Side Extension- Actually Happening!

MTR Admiralty

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MTR, I am mature, I am sure you are too but you are not showing your mature side... Perfect logic and perfect grammer doesn't apply in forums.

On topic:

Yup, 2013 it'll be complete, if it is on schedule...

Perfect logic and perfect grammar do apply in forums. How are people going to understand what you're saying otherwise?

On topic:

Like MTR said, hopefully it will not be delayed. I'd like to see a line open on time for once.

Eh, guys get back on topic... Lets not get into these too much! And lets not care too much about perfectness...

And (7) train extension is going to happen because there are a good deal of run-on tracks in Times Square. Term as well as the already built cavern and trackage...

Well, firs tof all, perfectness does matters, second, if the (MTA) is gonna cut costs it might take longer. They got to get the water out, make wiring for electricity, and make stations, tracks.

Holey schist! Nice pics! I wish they'd reinstate 10th Avenue station though...

I hope too, however, there would be problems. The station we are talking about is on the curve as the train goes from 42nd Street to 11th Avenue. I'm not sure about how tight the curve will be, but a station at that site will seem a bit unlikely. Plus, I guess most of the station would have to be built under other's property. Loads of underpinning. I guess that is why the station is too expensive to be built and therefore cut away from the project. That's just my guess though.

I guess so MTR, that is why they haven't included a station in that area...

I'm not saying that it is infeasible to build one, but according to the alignment, building a station there would mean something like Union Sq on the (4)(5)(6), maybe not as bad, but still.

However Chelsea Piers need a station (23rd Street). Since the excavation for the starter tunnels is at 25th Street, what they could do is, after they get the TBMs in, they could start mining a station at that site till 23rd Street. I personally believe that given the two options, I would rather build a station in Chelsea rather on 41st Street/10th Avenue. The closest station in that area is 23rd Street on the (C)(E) and Chelsea Piers is a growing recreational centre (it also has a marina as well), so it would be a bigger plus.

An in-fill at 10th Avenue sounds alright, but the impact would probably be not as dramatic as my proposed Chelsea Piers one. The Chelsea Piers one offers a station closer to the recreational centre and the marina, which is still growing. The tunnels extend to 25th Street, yet the terminus is at 34th Street. Come on, 9 blocks of train storage? I say use them, open them for revenue service so that the Chelsea Piers area could get a station.

And oh, if CP really wants a subway station, I think they should chip in.

I hope too, however, there would be problems. The station we are talking about is on the curve as the train goes from 42nd Street to 11th Avenue. I'm not sure about how tight the curve will be, but a station at that site will seem a bit unlikely. Plus, I guess most of the station would have to be built under other's property. Loads of underpinning. I guess that is why the station is too expensive to be built and therefore cut away from the project. That's just my guess though.

Speaking of, it's going to be interesting to see how that is ultimately devised and signaled. The track will have to descend at a steep grade of 3% to get where it needs to, and then at the end of that you will have the curve.

• 2 weeks later...
Speaking of, it's going to be interesting to see how that is ultimately devised and signaled. The track will have to descend at a steep grade of 3% to get where it needs to, and then at the end of that you will have the curve.

Yeah, it has to go from its present grade, diving thru the lower level station. You know, this really is similar to the (R)(W) after City Hall en route to Cortlandt Street. Very close.

It was in the original plan. It got dropped when they did the cost-cutting. IMHO, they dropped the wrong station.

Yeah, true.

I feel the 10th Ave. Station is going through. Since it is on the (7) extension plan. Cannot be certain though, :)...

It's not too late to build it, however... the station rests around that curve. It's kind of an engineering challenge to face. You have a 3% grade and a curve. But I really hope that Chelsea Piers could get a station.

Archived