7 West Side Extension- Actually Happening!

MTR Admiralty

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyway...

how will one connect the (7) with the IRT 7th Ave lines? It is easier said than done.

Make a simple 2 track interlocking X or ) shaped. Lock the switch open, only closed by track worker when equipment needs to be moved.

- A

Make a simple 2 track interlocking X or ) shaped. Lock the switch open, only closed by track worker when equipment needs to be moved.

- A

I mean the location?

Supposedly the tracks of the newly extended 7 will terminate at around 25th Street and 11th Avenue, how would you cross onto the 1, 2 and 3 at 7th Avenue?

I mean the location?

Supposedly the tracks of the newly extended 7 will terminate at around 25th Street and 11th Avenue, how would you cross onto the 1, 2 and 3 at 7th Avenue?

Just make a "sneak" tunnel east. One track even.

- A

Well, the comment below says it all...

I have to agree with this one...

Okay, Mr. High Priority Bronx Science Student, whatever you say does count...

Oh my God... DO YOU HAVE TO COMMENT ON EVERY SINGLE THREAD OUT THERE AND REPLY TO EVERY OTHER REPLY SOMEONE MAKES??? THIS IS REALLY GETTING ANNOYING.

Oh my God... DO YOU HAVE TO COMMENT ON EVERY SINGLE THREAD OUT THERE AND REPLY TO EVERY OTHER REPLY SOMEONE MAKES??? THIS IS REALLY GETTING ANNOYING.

Thank You! I mean he goes on and on and on.... 1350+ posts in one month? Wow! That's equal to:

1 month= 675 posts

1 week= 170 posts

1 day= 25 posts

BUT CAN WE ALL GET BACK ON TOPIC, can we?

They already dug up something at 34th and 11th?

Technically yeah.. they are actually building the shell for the station... they are doing most work underground... but you may be able to see aboveground activity as well, such as hauling dirt away. Not much to see, however when work is full blown, there is more to see.

Whatever, I'll just say CASE CLOSED, when flame wars start, I'll have posts going like crazy...

Yes, at least no more flame wars...

Okay, will try to stop by the coming weekend when going to Jersey...

I think so due to photos and there is a big hole there the past April (when going to NY Auto Show), I don't know if it is related to (7) project...

I have possibly expirenced a crane collapsing around 34th and 11th if that hole across the Convention Center is it...

Let me tell you this, if you do not want want a flame war to erupt around your posts... how about this... STOP POSTING LIKE CRAZY. And add some sense when you post.

By the by, Obama is planning to sign in a stimulus package that will give $4B to the MTA. If this is passed, this money will be allocated to the construction of the planned 10th Avenue station as well as other things. It is not too late to build a station at 10th Avenue because the entire line is still in the early stages of construction. If a shell or say nothing is built, and a station is decided to be built later, costs may escalate due to the engineering involved, as well as the possibility of service disruptions.

By the by, Obama is planning to sign in a stimulus package that will give $4B to the MTA. If this is passed, this money will be allocated to the construction of the planned 10th Avenue station as well as other things. It is not too late to build a station at 10th Avenue because the entire line is still in the early stages of construction. If a shell or say nothing is built, and a station is decided to be built later, costs may escalate due to the engineering involved, as well as the possibility of service disruptions.

If Obama does give us this $4,000,000,000; I'd rather the MTA spend it on Station rehabs, new cars, and the SAS than a 10th avenue station, which In my opinion is not necessary and too hard to build considering the curve.

If Obama does give us this $4,000,000,000; I'd rather the MTA spend it on Station rehabs, new cars, and the SAS than a 10th avenue station, which In my opinion is not necessary and too hard to build considering the curve.

Yeah, look at that curve. Don't forget you also have grade levels from the curve to Times Square

I know, I said case closed, get it? No more talks of this flame war stuff from now on, on this thread...

Yes, I would consider that too, we NY need money since we are like the HQ of the world!

They don't have to build the station at the curve, the train turns around @ 11th Ave... Not tenth, ;)!

Okay... By posting like crazy I mean seeing a thousand threads in the unread post page with your handle in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should really look at the map on the first page of this thread. Really take time and look at it. No more to be said.

Archived