Question about (C) train

trainspot12

I don't know if it was already posted, but I keep on hearing that they will start running R40/42 on the (C) line starting tomorrow and that the 38s will be retired by the Spring. Is this true or not?

Right now the fleet composition for the (C) remain the same, all R38s. They MIGHT start to use mods and 42s beginning 1 December. I will check every weekday when I am on the (A) afternoons. This needs to be confirmed though. Yes the R38s will be retired by Spring 2009.

I don't know if it was already posted, but I keep on hearing that they will start running R40/42 on the (C) line starting tomorrow and that the 38s will be retired by the Spring. Is this true or not?

The (C) is supposedly going to see R40s and R42s running on the line, and what I heard was that it was suppose to start at least a week ago or during this past week. I don't know if tomorrow is definite, but those R40s and R42s are coming at ya on the (C) sooner or later.

As for the R38s, yes, they've started to retire them. As of last week, or maybe two weeks ago, 10 were retired, numbers I don't know. As for right now, I don't know how many more were retired, I have to find out. Lord knows when they'll finish retiring them off.

It's so weird to see R40's and R42's on the C. I just hope they keep a couple of slants on the A so I can ride it over the Rockaways. It's also good that they have R38's back on the A again. This is a wild time in the subways, that's for sure.

The slants are on the C. Saw two of them on the C going towards Euclid. The A doesn't have any more R40M/R42 from what I saw. The R38 is now on the A.

It's so weird to see R40's and R42's on the C. I just hope they keep a couple of slants on the A so I can ride it over the Rockaways. It's also good that they have R38's back on the A again. This is a wild time in the subways, that's for sure.

There is a few R40 slant on the (A) still so they will still run on the (A).

Archived